Cura causes chaotic behaviour to printers?

aln153

Posted · Cura causes chaotic behaviour to printers?

Hi,

I have recently run into an issue with my printer when I try to use cura gcode.

One printer runs marlin 2.0 and refuses to take any gcode which is cura based.

The printer takes longer to start printing and when it begins printing, the print head will just move very slowly and extrude filament in the exact same manner every time.

This also happens to another printer when I run cura gcode right after gcode generated by a different slicer.

But the other printer just moves the print head to the corner and extrudes forever until you turn it off (resetting the printer and running the gcode solves this issue).

Anyone have any idea what could be causing the problem?

If you tell us what kind of printers you have, someone else may have the same printer.

Did you find your printer on the list of printers in Cura?

If no one can help you then you are probably going to have to take a good gcode file and one from cura and look at the first 30 or so gcodes and look them all up and understand what's going on.  I can answer specific questions about what g92 does or what G28 does but your issue does not sound familiar (but I only have Ultimaker printers).

On 3/3/2021 at 3:26 PM, gr5 said:

If you tell us what kind of printers you have, someone else may have the same printer.

Did you find your printer on the list of printers in Cura?

If no one can help you then you are probably going to have to take a good gcode file and one from cura and look at the first 30 or so gcodes and look them all up and understand what's going on.  I can answer specific questions about what g92 does or what G28 does but your issue does not sound familiar (but I only have Ultimaker printers).

The printer is a Tevo Tornado which was converted to Skr v1.4 turbo running Marlin 2.0

I choose the default Tevo Tornado profile from the other printers list in Cura as the printer profile.

Posted (edited) · Cura causes chaotic behaviour to printers?

You will need to post one of the gcode files that doesn't work and one of the ones that does work.  Make the file names something that clearly indicates which is which.  The tool to upload a file is below ("choose files").

Do the printers have an Auto Bed Leveling system?

Gcode is Gcode no matter what slicer is used but the order in which the gcode is placed as well as certain commands (that a printer doesn't like) can cause problems.  Sometimes it's in the "Start-Up" gcode and sometimes it's in the machine definition.  Somebody will need to view and compare the gcode files.

You have a third party printer with a fourth party mainboard and fifth party firmware.  That's a heckuva party.

Edited by GregValiant