Post your 3D Printable Design Renderings here !!

ian

Posted · Post your 3D Printable Design Renderings here !!

I know a large energy concern in China.. they designed their new powerplant and headquarters in sketchup... crazy !!

they even created some how, animations in sketchup with 3d birds flying through the sky with their wings moving up and down....

• Replies 55
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my ultirobot coming alive... WOHAAAAAA ;-)

Modelling the PLAY VERSION of the ultimaker robot LET THE GAMES BEGIN :smile:

Wanted to create a play version of the ultimaker robot last year but didnt find time.

So to start 2014 off with the right spirit... here is the starting phase of my play verion ultimaker robot :smile:

Ian :smile:

Ultimaker_Robotexplosion.jpg

i Have to admit though, that file was just ripped from a game, and i used sketchup to clean it up (oh the irony!)

but fun fact, every jaeger and, well everything, for the film "pacific rim" was drawn entirely in google sketchup for concept.

sketchup is literally a 3D sketcher. its awful for anything accurate, unless you know how to use it (i have been using it for at least 6 years!)

Yup, it's officially past bedtime. My thought process while looking at the image: "Man, he looks angry. I bet he's mad at his hair dresser for messing up his mohawk".

Aaahh - this guy looks a bit like the big Persian worrior in 300... - could that be???

I worked on 300! but no... just an average Joe Zombie

Aaahh - this guy looks a bit like the big Persian worrior in 300... - could that be???

Hi Braddock,

Sorry to hear about your bowden tube.

Did you have to take it out a lot?

How did you do this?

I think it can have 2 reasons.

- the white clip that holds your bowden tube has 4 small blades inside.

If some blades are bend, it looses its function and can no longer hold the bowden tube.

- By taking out the bowden tube several times the outside got scraped and is now thinner.

The blades of the white clip can no longer hold it.

What you can do is insert your bowden tube backwards.

Does this help?

(inserting your filament may be a little bit trickier, because the opening on the back is a bit wider (it will be on the front).

Once you take out the bowden tube, you can also pull out the white clip and check the blades on the inside if you squeeze it gently.

Do they all look OK?

Let me know about your findings :)

Thanks Sander,

I read on the forum somewhere that someone used two of the red clips. I took the clip off the feeder end, and added it to the print head end. I don;t want to speak too soon, but I'm about 6 hours into a detailed 0.06 layer height print with retractions, and it's looking good so far.

This could be a fluke, as I have had good prints mixed in with bad over the past few weeks, but not at this scale or duration.

Will let you know how I go.

Cheers!

Hi Braddock,

Sorry to hear about your bowden tube.

Did you have to take it out a lot?

How did you do this?

I think it can have 2 reasons.

- the white clip that holds your bowden tube has 4 small blades inside.

If some blades are bend, it looses its function and can no longer hold the bowden tube.

- By taking out the bowden tube several times the outside got scraped and is now thinner.

The blades of the white clip can no longer hold it.

What you can do is insert your bowden tube backwards.

Does this help?

(inserting your filament may be a little bit trickier, because the opening on the back is a bit wider (it will be on the front).

Once you take out the bowden tube, you can also pull out the white clip and check the blades on the inside if you squeeze it gently.

Do they all look OK?

Let me know about your findings :)

Keep me posted and if necessary I will help you out with a spare clip or a new tightner.

(if it is just the clip, you can also print one? - more time-efficient).

so at home at the moment and chilling out doing some fun 3d modelling. :-)

I really wanted to make a nice printable version of the pottery cannon i made last week in Leipzig and almost finished.. hehe...

I think its looking pritty cool... a few more details and then its ready for BLAST OFF......

Ian :-)

cannon2.jpg

ok i just added a few more details.. including the 1813 to celebrate the final and one of the largest field battles of Napolean in Leipzig.

cannon3.jpg

Hey Ian,

love your canon. Would you mind sharing the software you created it with? I am trying to get my head around some modeling options and am starting from scratch :)

Telophar

Hi !

I did this really quickly.. i think 2 hours with Cinema 4D.

But this was a really loose quick and easy model.. so you can do this no problem with some nice free 3d software like Blender or...Autodesk 123D also very good.

current project. Modeled in ZBrush, rendered in Keyshot.

stalker 02 edit

stalker 01 edit

stalker 03 edit

I have a real love-hate thing going on with you braddock... I love your work but I'm so jealous of your talent :p

That looks awesome Braddock... the print you had trouble with was a leg of this right ? I really should learn zbrush!

that's right, Skint. Printed it last night at 0.04 and lower temp, and it turned out much better, I'll update the other thread.

Ha, cheers, Robert.

Working on the Hulk. Thinking of maybe doing Hulk vs Wolverine!

14096437620_616afce55b_h.jpg

Did you ever see the comic with ultimate hulk vs ultimate wolverine ..the one where hulks rips wolvie apart...haha loved that artwork!

Ha ha yep I love that comic, it's what inspired me to do this piece. Definitely going to be some ultra violence going on.

EDIT:

Is this the image

17j9qqitkp0mkjpg.jpg

Braddock, I had a hard time telling whether or not that was a real or rendered image; love your work in all of its forms. Seriously great stuff.

Also, LeoDDC; that's what Zbrush looks like!? Geez people kept telling me SolidWorks was complicated, that looks way more difficult to grasp. One more also, the musculature on your rendering looks great, as does the face! I would be able to identify him as the Hulk without the green skin.

Thanks man. Ha I guess Zbrush does look a little crazy there but that's a custom interface. I basically set it up so I have all the tools and menus I use out for quick access. It really helps with keeping the creative sculpting flowing. I also change the colour scheme quite a lot as it helps keep things fresh. I find it funny when people say that they find Zbrush complicated because it was the first 3D software that I learned but I can see that if you come from a traditional 3D software its interface is probably really off putting.

I sculpted this back in 2010 and though I'd lost him... generic name in an unrelated folder. Dusted him off and did some renders, about to put him on the UM2

long neck 02

long neck 03

@braddock: Another guy who I wouldn't like to meet in a dark corner... although he might not be very intelligent as the brain size is quite limited. But he's great!

Do you usually have a story in mind when designing characters?

A story that would come to my mind about this guy would have something to do with having a stiff neck (as he obviously cannot have a bad hair day)... ;)