Ultimaker Cura: a quick guide to help!

fvrmr

Posted · Ultimaker Cura: a quick guide to help!

Do you want to let us know about your experience with Ultimaker Cura?

Please use the correct platform so your feedback reaches the right people.

Have you discovered a bug or do you have a feature request? Please go to our GitHub page.

Before posting, please check if the topic already exists via the search bar above the currently open issues. If it does, comment there so we keep everything together. 

On GitHub we keep track of bugs and feature requests. 

When you report a bug we mostly need a project file (file - save project) if it is a slicing issue and a log file. 

Your log file can be found here: 

Windows: %APPDATA%\cura\<Cura version>\cura.log or usually C:\Users\\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\cura\<Cura version>\cura.log
MacOS: $USER/Library/Application Support/cura/<Cura version>/cura.log
Ubuntu/Linux: $USER/.local/share/cura/<Cura version>/cura.log

If you have an idea for a new feature in Cura please let us know why this feature should be in Cura. 

Do you have a question about a certain feature or do you have feedback regarding your user experience? Please use our forum, where Ultimakers experts and other users are ready to help!

Thank you for using Ultimaker Cura and helping us to make it even better!

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura: a quick guide to help!

hello Ultimaker cura Team :)

i have some trouble since the 4.8 and + version...

it does'nt want to start after install.

it bump this windows when i try to launch the soft.

is there a solution?

4.8 version still keep working...

windows 7 ultimate 64Bits

for a creality CR10S

error ultimaker 4.11.jpg

Edited by kaoryu
windows os missing

• 3 weeks later...

have about support for resin printers? anycubic is in the list but only filament based ones. other slicer software i have found do not work well and the software included is extremely basic and models ive tried to print have all failed. ive asked around and most common used is cura.

On 10/4/2021 at 4:20 AM, shanejoe said:

Duplicate Printer Presets to a NEW Preset so that you can make test changes and still retain the old Presets

If you have feature requests, this is not the place to put it. Please read the original post.

On 10/5/2021 at 4:35 PM, baddraw46 said:

have about support for resin printers? anycubic is in the list but only filament based ones. other slicer software i have found do not work well and the software included is extremely basic and models ive tried to print have all failed. ive asked around and most common used is cura.

Cura won't provide support for Resin printers.

El 9/10/2021 a las 5:56 AM, fvrmr dijo:

¿Quieres contarnos tu experiencia con Ultimaker Cura?

Utilice la plataforma correcta para que sus comentarios lleguen a las personas adecuadas.

¿Ha descubierto un error o tiene una solicitud de función? Por favor, vaya a nuestra página de GitHub.

Antes de publicar, verifique si el tema ya existe a través de la barra de búsqueda sobre los problemas abiertos actualmente. Si lo hace, comenta allí para que mantengamos todo junto.

En GitHub hacemos un seguimiento de los errores y las solicitudes de funciones.

Cuando informa de un error, necesitamos principalmente un archivo de proyecto (archivo - guardar proyecto) si se trata de un problema de segmentación y un archivo de registro.

Su archivo de registro se puede encontrar aquí:

Windows: o generalmente
    MacOS:
    Ubuntu/Linux:
    %APPDATA%\cura\<Cura version>\cura.logC:\Users\\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\cura\<Cura version>\cura.log$USER/Library/Application Support/cura/<Cura version>/cura.log$USER/.local/share/cura/<Cura version>/cura.log

Si tiene una idea para una nueva función en Cura, háganos saber por qué esta función debería estar en Cura.

¿Tiene alguna pregunta sobre una determinada función o tiene comentarios sobre su experiencia de usuario? ¡Utilice nuestro foro,donde los expertos de Ultimakers y otros usuarios están listos para ayudar!

¡Gracias por usar Ultimaker Cura y ayudarnos a hacerlo aún mejor!

porque Cura 4.11.0 no me obedese al cambio de relleno y siempre lo hace al 100% ?

@carlin Please keep the communication in English, otherwise no one can follow you.

Hello. I am an ordinary user from Russia, and I have a 3D printer from the Russian manufacturer "Vector". I have been using your Ultimaker Cura software for a long time. I really like her. I have two 3D printer profiles. These are Vector 200 and Vector A4. If you add them to your database, then I think that many users from Russia will be very happy about this. I also think that even more users of your program will be added. I can send you these files, but I don't know where. Everything is up to you. Thank you.

Cura software, version 5.0.0-beta+1, gets quarantined by my McAffee anti-virus software.  I just noticed this when the executable mysteriously disappeared.  I restored it; but, it keeps getting quarantined again later.

I thought this was something folks should know about.  I also would like to know if someone has a solution to this problem.

Kraig777

Also Cura 5.0.0-beta+1 does not let one copy/paste from/to the manage printer Start G-Code and End G-Code areas.

Kraig777

7 hours ago, Kraig777 said:

Cura 5.0.0-beta+1 does not let one copy/paste from/to the manage printer

Not even with Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V?

As described in an answer, i have problems with saving slicing-results to my harddisk.

I use Cura 5.0 as an apimage on an Arch-Linux, using the Mate-Desktop-Environment. 

I am using the german language-setting.

The filename-text is empty when using "Auf Festplatte speichern". You can click on this filename and press a key, it is placed inside the filename-text, but the next keypress is located in to the cearch-field.

Typing more characters is possible by deleting the search-text and pressing again with the mouse into the filename-field and pressing a key.

Using too much charachters inside search-field lead to an unuseable cura that has to be stopped the hard way.

Edit: When using a file thats already on the harddisk, the software asks two times if this file should be overwritten. Have changed language to english, but the problems remain.

Hope that helps, can't wait to use the software without the need to click and type and renaming files after saving...

Thanks

Hartmut

Edit2: this thing seems to be a problem of a used Filehandling-Routine. It happens when trying to save a image in Brave-Browser, too. Any hints what to do to get this working?

Bildschirmfoto zu 2022-05-30 08-43-55.png

Edited by Tutorius

Cura 5.1 Linux

My computer is running Linux Mint 20.3, if it matters.

Printer extrudes too fast on rounded corners while the printhead is moving very slow.  It is trying to extrude so fast that the extruder just strips the filment.

Strangely, I got it to print properly once, but can't get it to work again.  I'm getting failed print after failed print.

Edited by Suburban

I've tried both 5.2 and 5.2.1, and it simply will not launch.  Running Mac OS 10.15.7.  Last stable build is Cura 5.1.

I've read this topic, but there isn't even a 5.2 folder appearing.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 1:51 PM, Suburban said:

Cura 5.1 Linux

My computer is running Linux Mint 20.3, if it matters.

Printer extrudes too fast on rounded corners while the printhead is moving very slow.  It is trying to extrude so fast that the extruder just strips the filment.

Strangely, I got it to print properly once, but can't get it to work again.  I'm getting failed print after failed print.

The problem was something in the custom g-code text.

Hi all I’ve been using v5 for a few weeks and am impressed 

one problem I have come across is this. I drew a phone case with a cut out on the back of Iron Maiden 

I printed it and it printed a solid case,even the camera hole was solid

so I thought I would do a simple test , drew a 50 x50 x2 square and put a 40 mm hole in it , again came out solid

Today I put an object in the slicer the part has 3 holes in the top layer 10 mm deep, I can see the holes . I slice it 

and they disappear just a solid top

Anyone else experienced this

Thanks Dean

i cant download any thing it keeps saying i dont have anything downloaded. i am trying to get boon the tiny t.rex downloads