Port Number

ndascher99

Posted · Port Number

Hello, 

IT is trying to setup our Ultimaker S3 with our WPA2 enterprise network over ethernet. They need the ethernet port number of the printer to allow it access to the firewall. Does anyone know where to find this? Thanks!

Posted · Port Number

I think what they need from you is the port number of the wall socket where you have connected the printer.

If not please be more specific what they need.

Posted · Port Number
    1 hour ago, Smithy said:

I think what they need from you is the port number of the wall socket where you have connected the printer.

If not please be more specific what they need.

I gave them that port number, but they requested the port name within the Ultimaker system??. i.e. "COM #". I am not sure if this is possible to identify. 

Posted · Port Number

I'm not a network guy but I don't think I've ever seen anyone ask for a "COM"-number. That sounds more like old school serial cable talk than networking. Do they mean the MAC address? If so, here's information on how to find that:

https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012439520-How-do-I-find-the-MAC-address-of-my-printer

As for other network requirements, this page should have all they need:

https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012113719-Ultimaker-Platform-network-requirements

• Like 1

Posted · Port Number

I'm going to be really honest, I know very little about network configurability. 

But... I know that in firmware 6.1 improvements were introduced that make it easier to connect the printers to networks with strict requirements. 

You can read more about it here: https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018123920
    Maybe your IT knows what it means and if it's helpful for them. 

giphy (4).gif

• Like 1