NFC / RFID reader not working

KjetilSunde

Posted (edited) · NFC / RFID reader not working

Hello,

One of our Ultimaker S5 PRO struggle recognizing the Ultimaker filament in one of the slots (Slot E).

Steps:

1. open the material bay door 
  2. insert the spool with the sticker on the left (filament going down)
  3. guide the filament tip into the chosen extruder
  4. the screen shows a yellow exclamation mark, the filament spool is not recognized

We have tried several spools and materials in several slots. In all other slots, the material recognition works fine.

As we see it, it must be something with the printer (Faulty NFC/RFID-reader? Loos cable?).

How can we fix this?

Edited by KjetilSunde

Posted · NFC / RFID reader not working

I got an Ultimaker spool that had an unwritten tag. You can get NFC Tools and read the tag and see. I tried some other apps but they don't let you see the actual memory where data is stored. On this app, go to the 'Other" in the main menu and select read/write. then scan the tag. Pick any address slot and if you see all 0's then you know you have a bad tag.

if you see two character memory values, then you know the tag has been written to.

Anyway.. thought this might help you. I thought I was going crazy and my material handler was failing.. but it was a cheap NFC tag that caused my headaches.