Nivelize/Level Fail - S5 Pro Bundle - Workaround?

UlrichC-DE

Posted (edited) · Nivelize/Level Fail - S5 Pro Bundle - Workaround?

Hello,

I had a problem with leveling with a S5 Pro until just now.

The leveling broke off.
A peculiarity was, that the abort happened in the second pass, i.e. after the printhead measurement.
This is unusual and almost rules out the usual hardware problems.

I had noticed that the printer had omitted to load material before leveling the printing plate.
It remained 5 cm above the print head.

The trick is in this case to manually unload the material and restart the print.
If someone has this problem, it may save 2 hours of testing, flashing, print head and plate replacement.

Thanks and many greetings

However, I still have one small question. What is the reason for that?

Edited by UlrichC-DE
question about

• UlrichC-DE changed the title to Nivelize/Level Fail - S5 Pro Bundle - Workaround?
    Posted · Nivelize/Level Fail - S5 Pro Bundle - Workaround?

Danke, ja das Problem hatte ich noch nicht, aber was immer wieder auch ist bzw. früher war es schlimmer, wurde jetzt schon besser, das durchs aufheizen schon Material kommt, was dann im weg ist und somit die Messung nicht funktioniert.

That's an interesting work-around, I might try it sometimes.

We also have a list of troubleshooting items you can try if you run into a leveling issue here: 
    https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013133699-Active-leveling-errors

If yours works, we might add it to the support page. 😊
    Thank you for sharing 👍

12 hours ago, Ksstyling said:

Danke, ja das Problem hatte ich noch nicht, aber was immer wieder auch ist bzw. früher war es schlimmer, wurde jetzt schon besser, das durchs aufheizen schon Material kommt, was dann im weg ist und somit die Messung nicht funktioniert.

Ja, ich mache auch vor jedem Druck die Stelle sauber, an der er die erste Messung macht. Bzw. manchmal muss ich danneben stehen bleiben und darauf warten das ich den Druckkopf beim herunterfahren abwischen kann.

Da fällt mir noch etwas anderes ein.
    Mir hatte es mal den Druckkopf im zweiten Slot zerbröselt gehabt. Was dann auch eine ganze Weile die Messung störte. Den nutze ich eher selten daher hatte ich das nicht bemerkt.

Manchmal ging es und dann wieder nicht.
    Da bin ich auch nur durch Zufall darauf gestoßen. Der zweite Druckkopf war gebrochen und hing während des Drucks unter der Ersten. Die Druckdüse lag dann auf dem Silikonschutz und wurde beim überfahren des Werkstücks immer wieder reingedrückt.
    Beim Leveln störte das anscheinend nur sporadisch.
    Wieder ein Punkt mehr nachdem ich schaue.

4 hours ago, MariMakes said:

That's an interesting work-around, I might try it sometimes.

We also have a list of troubleshooting items you can try if you run into a leveling issue here: 
    https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013133699-Active-leveling-errors

If yours works, we might add it to the support page. 😊
    Thank you for sharing 👍

Hello,

I first thought @SandervG has changed a lot in the meantime. So you are new  👋

I personally would prefer a solution to the problem.

The workaround is of course cheese. It only describes an error in the initialization of the printer. Two different program behaviors for the same operation. Probably your basement kids have built in a new surprise again and I of all people have to stumble upon it.☺️

In case a technician reads this. It's only come up on a 0.25 nozzle with PA so far.  But after I noticed that my printer on the new firmware at 0.25 even tries to print under the printing plate.
    I'm very curious whether there ever again someone comes to Ultimaker on what the problem is 😈

But since you offered to add helpful stuff to the description here are two more points.

1. (as written above) The second printhead may be accidentally broken and interfere with the measurement.
    2. the plug connection of the printhead may be broken. The old issue of dust and contact difficulties.
    (I hope Ultimaker will address the problem once after years).

Thanks and best regards ✌️