New in box, unopened UM2

Posted · New in box, unopened UM2

Bought this a few months ago along with my other UM2. Have original receipt and everything which I will provide, just no time to work on the venture I had planned.

I'm past the point where I can return it so I'm willing to take a hit at $2500, would prefer a local person in Northern Virginia cash deal. I'll help you set it up and let you unbox it!

Hi there,

I know you mentioned you would prefer to sell to a local person, however if you you wouldn't mind i would be very interested in purchasing it from you. I am from New Zealand.

Let me know if you would be interested in shipping it, at my expense of course.

Regards,

Sam.

May I ask why are you selling it?

As stated, I had big dreams to be running a little 3D printing factory for a certain part, but the quality just isn't where I need it yet. Can't wait to see what the next 5-10 years holds!

PM responded EA407.

May I ask why are you selling it?

Why do some people always ask "Why are you selling it"? I've never understood why one would ask that.

Perhaps "I'm selling it because I have cancer and need to pay the medical bills before they repossess my wife," would make you buy it, or maybe you are expecting to hear a sudden fit of total honesty, like "I'm selling it because it is a POS that arrived broken in the box, and besides, I'm too stupid to make it work"?

Why is it of any interest why someone is selling something, and why would you intrude into someone's private life by asking? It also seems, on reflection, that persons who ask this are never the eventual buyer. That's another reason why I never honor bother to answer that pointless question with a response.

EldRick,

I think you are overreacting in my opinion. I think most people ask because of one of the following reasons

• They want to know if the printer is broken or troublesome (I replaced the fan three times and can't get it to work)
    • They want to know if the printer was used for something it can't handle (I had big dreams to be running a little 3D printing factory for a certain part, but the quality just isn't where I need it yet.). The prospective buyer might want it for the same reason that the owner found it inadequate.
    • They want to know if the owner is having a specific problem and offer help to so that the owner will want to keep it and support the product/company. These people might not be interested in buying but want to help the owner.

I don't think it's impolite to ask. The seller can just not respond or respond vaguely or specifically.

Or course now I have the question of why the owner feels the printing quality is inadequate if the box is unopened. How could they tell?

Besides the question was already answered in the the first post.

anon4321: If any of those reasons apply to the prospective purchaser, then why not just ask the questions directly?

"Why are you selling" implies a lack of trust on the part of the buyer if he asks that particular question to try to pry for more information than was freely offered, and invites an evasion or a lie if the seller is not trustworthy.

Either way it's irrelevant information, when what is actually of interest is the condition of the goods offered.

EldRick,

I see your point. However, sometimes "fishing" does reveal more information or lies.

I don't think we should hijack this, so I'll simply disagree with you and leave it at that...

Or course now I have the question of why the owner feels the printing quality is inadequate if the box is unopened. How could they tell?

Another case of not reading the first post :-P

PM Sent.

PM Sent.

Sold!