Cura Connect | Survey Read more... ×
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
SandervG

Ulti-evening 25th of August 2014

Hi Everyone,

Next week it is time for the next Ulti-evening.

Because last edition was such a success we want to keep the interactive part as the core of the ulti-evening.

In that regard we will host the next edition in collaboration with Colorfabb. They will do a short presentation about their work and innovative materials.

Colorfabb will also bring some sample packages which will include:

XT ! / Woodfill / Glowfill / Bronzefill

Together we will make some prints and hopefully you, as a user, will gain some extra insight on how different materials need different profiles and what different materials feel and look like.

These sample packages will be handed out free of charge :)

Some more practical information about upcoming Ulti-evening:

Date: 25-08-2014

Time: 17.00 - 22.00

17.00 - 18.00 Arrival (bring your Ultimaker) and order food if you are hungry.

18.00 - 18.30 Short introduction from Colorfabb

18.30 - 19.00 Food

19.00 - 22.00 Printing time!

Looking forward seeing you there!

the documentation of the previous workshop (choco-hack) is still in the making but will be published as soon as it is finished.

Sander: Would it be possible perhaps to bring some UM2 spare parts? I'd love a spare teflon. Obviously I will pay for it in cash. Also I was promised a replacement fan for the right side fan (per BCE-717-50275) but I haven't heard anything anymore. Perhaps it was a misunderstanding but it would be nice to get rid of the whining sound.

Guess I need to start working on my id tag ;-) But with so many other things needing attention it might just be a paper one.

See you all there and since this one does not sound so scarry (in hindsight last one was neither) I will see if I can borrow father's car to bring my precious along :-)

Sander: Would it be possible perhaps to bring some UM2 spare parts? I'd love a spare teflon. Obviously I will pay for it in cash. Also I was promised a replacement fan for the right side fan (per BCE-717-50275) but I haven't heard anything anymore. Perhaps it was a misunderstanding but it would be nice to get rid of the whining sound.

We are looking into possibilities of making a selection of parts or filaments available for purchase on the ulti evenings but for now we are facing some other challenges that have priority over this.

But making this available is on my radar too. I will see if there is a temporarily solution..

I will also look into your ticket and see whats up with your fan.

We are looking into possibilities of making a selection of parts or filaments available for purchase on the ulti evenings but for now we are facing some other challenges that have priority over this.

No problem, all we can do is ask :)

I won't enjoy the evening any less because of it.

One idea for more "interactive"/workshop-like activities during the event is postprocessing prints. Polishing bronzefill, sanding PLA/PHA etc.

Also it might be a good idea to bring lots of reinforced teflon parts, because Colorfabb is going to release new (non-transparent, colored) XT filaments that print at the same high temperature. I'll have two of those parts please... Daid, did you finish the cookies you got last time yet?

Also it might be a good idea to bring lots of reinforced teflon parts, because Colorfabb is going to release new (non-transparent, colored) XT filaments that print at the same high temperature. I'll have two of those parts please... Daid, did you finish the cookies you got last time yet?

The teflon parts seem to be one of the more sensitive things of the printers in general, which is why I asked for least 1 spare for my UM2 ;)