Can you look at a single layer in CURA?

jweaver

Posted · Can you look at a single layer in CURA?

I have just had my first play with "Pink Unicorn" and like what I see.. But I immediately noticed something that I am surprised isn't there in CURA and thats the ability to look at a single layer?

In CURA you see the layers immediately below the one you are looking at, and whilst they fade away, its often difficult to know which layer you are looking at.

Considering this functionality is available on most other apps I have seen, and now P.U, I just wondered if I was overlooking something in CURA?

Is there a way to just show a single layer?

Jon

Uhm, PU can look at single layers, while the current mainline can not.

PU changes the left dialog when you switch to layer view.

(Note that this is just quickly hacked together for debugging of other stuff)

Uhm, PU can look at single layers, while the current mainline can not.

PU changes the left dialog when you switch to layer view.

(Note that this is just quickly hacked together for debugging of other stuff)

Sorry.. I probably didn't explain myself.. I saw the "Single Layer View" in PU.. And I just wondered whether there was something similar in the current version that I had overlooked.

I was pretty sure there wasn't (and you have confirmed this) but thought I would ask, as the Layer View in CURA can sometimes be annoying when you are looking for something on a specific layer.

Not only that, but it would be awesome to be able to see infividual layers as well as travel path to see how layer is going to be printed by moving a slider or something.

Craftware has those features that i absolutely love, but it has one thin i absolutely hate :)

A new software for 3d printing that is in development by Ultimaker called PINK UNICORN

Does it use cura slicer ?

Hi,

OK, but is it a replacement for Cura - or what is the purpose?

Is it usefil for Ultimaker 2?

It is the future version of cura, so yes, I guess you could say it will replace cura (but it will still be called cura, PU is just a code name). It will be useful for Ultimaker printers as well as many others as well, just like the current cura.

will it come with exact same perimeter issue cura has,had and will have till the day i die ?

You know the one where it does not retract when switching perimeters and where it wont finish entire perimter before switching to the next.

Hi IRobertI,

thanks ;-)

will it come with exact same perimeter issue cura has,had and will have till the day i die ?

You know the one where it does not retract when switching perimeters and where it wont finish entire perimter before switching to the next.

Yes, just to annoy the hell out of you.

:)

Hi,

is there any timeline when PU will replace the current cura?

Makes it sence to use PU now instead of 'normal' Cura?

Not even remotely close.

I switched to craftware pernanently.

By the way, do you guys ever plan on fixing issue where 0.9mm high cube (for example) with layer height at 0.3mm only generates 2 layers and not 3 ?

Not even remotely close.

I switched to craftware pernanently.

By the way, do you guys ever plan on fixing issue where 0.9mm high cube (for example) with layer height at 0.3mm only generates 2 layers and not 3 ?

Your Signature seems to be incorrect. Just look at IRobertI's

Your Signature seems to be incorrect. Just look at IRobertI's

i dont have signature on this forum.

Below is not my signature, its a complaint.

Hi,

is there any timeline when PU will replace the current cura?

Makes it sence to use PU now instead of 'normal' Cura?

The timeline is to have a first test version out in about 4 weeks. Note that this will lack some features compared to the current Cura.

No, don't use the PU version linked earlier. We did one step back again when we hired Arjen. And the earlier test version no longer reflects what's actually being made right now.

That means any Github sources aren't updated to the present status, correct?

That means any Github sources aren't updated to the present status, correct?

Yes, the work repo is private right now. (Also due to the fast changing nature of this code)