Is a level surface important for print quality?

kvones

Posted · Is a level surface important for print quality?

I have just finished building my 'happy corner' - unfortunately due to many different factors and the odd geometry of my home, the surface my UMO+ sits on is not 100% level (when examined with a spirit level). Will this negatively affect print quality? Also, how would vibration affect print quality?

So far I have managed some very decent prints while the UM was sitting on my desk for assembly...unfortunately I need to resume my work there now and the UM has to move to its final position...

Why do you want a video? You have a machine at home, just flip it over! :D

If it sits on a very wobbly table there might be some influence on the quality of the print. It should be very very minimal though, not enough to worry about.

put it on a foam rubber mat, at least where the feet are. reduces vibration and sound, not necessary but nicer.

Not sure I am brave enough to flip my baby over just yet...the rubber mat sounds like a great idea though, also for soundproofing.

Flipping it over can change the leveling so I'd relevel after changing it's position. Other than that it makes almost no difference. I was hoping it would print overhangs better when printing "on it's back" but it didn't seem to help at all.

here is another printer example: