Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
remco

Order has been "processing" for five weeks

According to the FAQ its common for it to say processing the whole time. Mine is at the same point, though I put my order in Nov. 27th. Which email have you sent your inquiries to and have you tried calling? I wouldn't worry too much about it until the next week as its likely a fair amount of people have picked them up for the holidays and they are probably using every bit of their stated 4-6 week lead time. My Nov. 27th order was 0935 so that's quite a bit of volume in one month in comparison to the amount of time they have been available for order.

Tom

Don't know about delivery time but please note it's not only machines being sold through the Ultimaker shop but also PLA's, ABS's an Netfabb for Ultimaker..

One of my very few complaints is that the machine doesn't have a serial number on it. It'd be a really nice addition to have it laser-etched on the frame..

It'd also be easier to keep track of who's got what. As the design changes/improves over time, it'd be good to have a "change X started at serial number ###" type page on the wiki.

Good to know they are selling well, unfortunate that I put my parents house as the shipping destination since I am going to be there for the holidays. With that many orders though its likely to be thee full 6 weeks before shipping out which means it'll most likely get there 2-3 days after I leave :lol: . Silly me and my miscalculations. Oh well...

Don't know about delivery time but please note it's not only machines being sold through the Ultimaker shop but also PLA's, ABS's an Netfabb for Ultimaker..

One of my very few complaints is that the machine doesn't have a serial number on it. It'd be a really nice addition to have it laser-etched on the frame..

It'd also be easier to keep track of who's got what. As the design changes/improves over time, it'd be good to have a "change X started at serial number ###" type page on the wiki.

I agree wholeheartedly. At the current number of buyers we could fairly easily piece it together if we had a few people who knew their order number. But as time progresses and more sell its going to get harder to gather the info on when changes were made etc...

Spammers are bots so I wouldn't expect a reply

Yup.

That's ok, I wouldn't have asked if I wasn't already pretty sure (s)he was indeed a spam bot. edit: it was just a "you look & sound like a spambot but I won't report you if you can show any sign of being alive" sorta deal.

And, as if on cue, the last post at viewtopic.php?f=11&t=140 showed up just after I posted that, too..

Have you received yours yet? I am ordernumber 752. The payment was received on november 1st, but confirmed a week later..

So technically im an in waiting week 7 or 6. I don't know which one they are counting. I understand there must be quite a lot going on there,

but a short perspective on when to expect it would be nice...

Edit:

And just like that i get E-Mail (independet form that post). Now that is timing. Seems the Ultimaker prints too fast for the PLA stock :D

7 weeks and counting. As far as I’m aware, the kit was made last week wednesday but my order was placed on hold due to a lack of white PLA. I found this out because I emailed them out of curiosity on tuesday this week(I was told they were about to contact me), I then clarified the same day that any colour would be fine and I’ve had radio silence since :/

Nothing horrendous, just a complete lack of information without prodding every now and then. They are very open and helpful when contacted, it just seems that if you don’t contact them you’ll know nothing until the product is shipped.

I’m tired of waiting, I want to clog my extruder like everyone else(not innuendo)

I think that's status-quo for most startup companies - they're so busy pushing out product that anything within-the-norm of the process sorta just keeps moving along silently. I was at the "if I don't hear anything, I'll ask for an update tomorrow" stage when I was waiting for my machine and it showed up the next day. Have patience!

If it's any consolation, they are hiring more people:

http://blog.ultimaker.com/2011/12/11/ul ... is-hiring/