ultiarjan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted (edited) · general forum feedback

@UltiArjan, what if you edit your post. Can you add more photo's then?

@SandervGJust tried again, still does not work, just a picture directly from the phone, like 2 Mb. Left it uploading for 10min, but will not upload...

@Daid, issue is on the print section, not the forum topic gallery (no idea how that's connected at the back..)

no2thphoto.thumb.png.4e1b35dd9f6989b47057413ecd4075fa.png

no2thphoto.thumb.png.4e1b35dd9f6989b47057413ecd4075fa.png

Edited by Guest

Posted · general forum feedback

another issue, when you browse this forum on Chrome with an iPhone 7+ and you click on the numbers of the different pages of a thread, then this happens :

NoV7V1w.png

My iPhone wants to call page 11 of the thread? :D

Are you sure this is not a service of Siri and she would read the content out loud to you? ;)

Could you tell me if you did not by chance pushed down the numbers too long?

Is this something you can replicate?

..8pm and still 61% battery? Impressive ;)

@SandervGJust tried again, still does not work, just a picture directly from the phone, like 2 Mb. Left it uploading for 10min, but will not upload...

Could you tell me what OSX you run and what browser? Thanks!

Could you tell me what OSX you run and what browser? Thanks!

Win7 + chrome
    • Like 1

1 thing that has been bugging me, although it's probably not a bug, is:

When opening a topic you never read by clicking on the unread button(or the border on the left), it goes to the first unread REPLY. Not including the actual main post, that I never saw either. So I'd have to scroll up for that :(

• Like 1

@SandervG, you mentioned somewhere the search is working better than ever before. I'd disagree. Still. I'm not sure whether I mentioned this in the irl feedback, in the beta testing after, during live updates, but as long as I cannot FIND this very topic using search, something is wrong.

Look at the screenshots. What on earth is a topic with 0 replies, 1,5 years old doing so high, and this topic so low(#15-20)?

feedback.thumb.PNG.1906324200e7a621641508d22556afbd.PNG

Or what about searching for the actual same title? Still #15-20 somewhere. WHAT THE HECK is going on in the search engine? I don't get it.

[media=21924][/media]

It just isn't working. Don't tell me you believe it is. Or do you get different results causing you to think it is working for everybody. Who is testing this and calling it working? I'm not sure if there is a topic like this, but please make a sticky topic somewhere with known issues or what you guys are working on. Many things feel so obvious, like the search engine, but I didn't bother posting again as I thought it was obvious. Apparently it is not. So please release a detailed list with known issues/Work in progress so we can say what else is missing/failing.

I'm not a backend site developer, but come on, searching on a site is possible and should be basic functionality. I'd even go so far as to say it is THE most important functionality on a forum like this where users help each other. And right now, it is still not sufficient. Please understand that I'm not angry, just frustrated to see a forum I held so dear still lacking in basic aspects that make my daily visits frustrating, causing me to stop by less frequently.

Also, when I'm in the forum part of the website(Community/forum), and I search, I expect the results to be from the forum, not site. Ofcourse when I'm on the site I expect site results, but when I'm in resources I expect resources, people=people.

I don't want to go to XXX to search for XXX and getting YYY results

a) it costs me extra clicking/loading

b) you will lose your new site/forum user as they might not know why they are not getting the expected result.

feedback.thumb.PNG.1906324200e7a621641508d22556afbd.PNG

• Like 2

It just isn't working. Don't tell me you believe it is.

https://www.google.com/#q=site:ultimaker.com%2Fen%2Fcommunity%2F+feedback

This one gives what you want :)First hit is cura 2.1.3 feedback, second one is general forum feedback. It also limits itself to the forum as far as I can see.

Edited by Guest

Right, but you are demonstrating we have to rely on Google, not Ultimaker's website, for a correct search. And I that's what Titus is pointing out, as have others.

• Like 1

Well I am perfectly aware that it is not perfect yet, it is working better than before. (I even said, not perfect yet). Earlier, the search would present you a gazillion results, ranging all over the place and now the general forum feedback is on the (I believe) 14th place.

I use it regularly, and even though the thread I am looking for is not always on #1, it is 9 out of 10 times on the first page. So yes, it can definitely be optimized, but I think it goes to far in saying it is a malfunctioning search-feature.

Anyway, about the list, we are about to make another planning from which I can hopefully subtract some points concerning the community. One thing I do know that received a lot of attention lately (again) was the notification bug and speed.

About the rest, I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks for addressing this issue, @SandervG

I know when I have searched for some settings for my Ultimaker Original, I got tons of Ultimaker 2 answers but I had to really sift through a lot of results to find what I needed.

There are some challenges in certain words like for example 'forum', 'feedback' 'Ultimaker' and I can imagine something like 'settings'. Those are words used in probably every thread, so the searcher would have to remember some more specific keywords helping to narrow the search down.

It is still in process. If you have some ideas I would happily share these with our developer who helped improve it last time. (when he has approval to work on this again).

Is there any way to improve the load time for pages?

That's the single biggest complaint I have. Every click is a long load time.

@SandervG I'm not sure if you understand what I'm saying, what I believe many of us mean(thanks @nallath I'm aware of Googles answer and that is my point exactly)

Sander, either a search engine works or it doesn't, listing all topics also means it found the right one. Users need it to be top 5 at least. I would be perfectly fine with an active and recently replied to Cura feedback to be higher in the list. But look at the results! How can you claim your search engine works? It was shit, is less shit now for sure, but no way this is acceptable.

I know what I'm looking for, you are too. New users don't. Not the first 5 hits, you lost them.

Stop telling yourself and others it is working but could be better. Acknowledge the fact that it currently is NOT working and make sure your priorities are set accordingly.

Note, "you/yourself" isn't personal, it's the entire team behind the website.

Search is super hard, I rather see the people working on the website working on other things and just outsource the searching to google, who are super good at this.

Same here, but I believe that was stated as a no go, something with the costs or time.

It would solve the problem totally though.

Edited by Guest

@SandervG: Did they? Yes? No, can't be true... really? Not possible... I can't believe it... but hey, it seems so...

edit: Forget it, it still doesn't work... :(

Edited by Guest

@daid @nallath @sandervg

True, developing a good search is not easy.

But why don't you replace your current search engine with a custom Google search if you are not able to develop your own search?

https://cse.google.com/cse/

Or do we hope new users find this thread and know your search is not working so they can start looking for answers on www.google.com ?

My guess is you're losing many visitors with this way of working. :)

• Like 1

@SandervG: Did they? Yes? No, can't be true... really? Not possible... I can't believe it... but hey, it seems so...

I'm not really sure where this is referring to..

Points taken, thank you for your honest and sincere feedback :)

• Like 1

@SandervG, something else I was meaning to ask. How do you guys like the entire gamification part, with points and levels and titles? Gotten anymore feedback on that apart from the beginning? Is this it, any thoughts where you want to take it?

The reason I'm asking is because I personally still think the points and level and title can be removed, as I mentioned in early feedback. However I'm curious what you guys think now that we are living a year later or so. Reflecting on your choices and ideas might spark new ideas or other insights.

Short summary on my thoughts from back then, and now still:

-The title can be really confusing for people, what if people start asking @LePaul about Mechanic Marvels, while he might rather be a total badass designer.

-The points are there to indicate how 'trustworthy' someones reply is I guess. Posts could give the same indication(excluding bots) I'd say.

-And the levels are there to encourage people to post more(spam) or be more helpful (thanked), but other than a number there is no incentive. Being who we are as part of community members I'd say we don't need that.

• Like 2

@Titus , ha ha...can Paul cash in his rank and points for a new Ultimaker 3 now? Some filament? Cat treats? :)

I'm not really sure where this is referring to..

To the very same bug as always... I actually thought it has been fixed. Would have deleted the post but that's not possible...