general forum feedback

ultiarjan

Posted (edited) · general forum feedback

Two bugs:

When I jump into a category like 'Tipps and Tricks' and then want to move to the next page, I fall back on my overview page where I have the topics from all the categories.

When I have read all the notifications, they are gone in the pulldown menu on top. However, when I get new notifications, the old ones reappear as well. I have to go back in the browser history to a point where not all notifications have been read in order to be able to delete them.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 1.6k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted · general forum feedback

Scrolling a page with the spacebar (or clicking in the scrollbar) is "broken"...in the sense that the menus at the top is covering a major part of the page and when you scroll you will miss the same amount of content so you have to manually scroll back using arrow keys or manually moving the scrollbar.

When you write a long long long post as I just did in the UM3 topic, and you press edit, nothing happens. Or actually, things happen: underneath your post the edit window appears, but when that is not visible due to the post length, you have no clue something actually happened.

Scroll to window when pressing edit would solve the problem.

Using parenthesis generates a lot of unwanted sad smiley faces.

Using parenthesis generates a lot of unwanted sad smiley faces.

Only just started to post on the forums again. But just a few things:

• The preview of a post does not do the same thing as an actual post. Spacing is different, but also things like smilies are not included. Rendering the preview pretty much useless.

• Using the buttons to put in bold and the other stuff removes focus from the text field and puts your cursor at the end. Pretty annoying

• According to the preview, links do not look like links. Do not know if that is the case in an actual post, I put underlines across all my links now to make it sure...

• There is the hidden "strike trough" tag not exposed in the buttons, it is the {s} tag

• Code tags indent the first line but not the rest...

• OMG THE FONT. Sander, when you get in the office today back from the launch event, we do need to talk about this. Disregard all other problems, just look at the font.

Edited by Guest
    • Like 4

Daid starts talking about the forum again, I had to read this immediately :p

I also have the font issue. It's a display resolution thing. On our retina imacs and macbooks the font looks nothing but great. But on "standard" displays ... :(

Line thickness is simply too thin, so antialiasing doesn't work well there.

THEFONT.png.1537473ea89ff8cfd854c404f9eade63.png

This is how it looks on Windows with chrome. Not just one the forums, also picked examples from the website.

On the http:// example, I think the slash is just "off" in general, the examples are all of bold, and then you type the word bold where the b and d are different sized. Nope, it's not just a bold problem.

EDIT: Checked, same problems on internet explorer.

THEFONT.png.1537473ea89ff8cfd854c404f9eade63.png

Edited by Guest

I also have the font issue. It's a display resolution thing. On our retina imacs and macbooks the font looks nothing but great. But on "standard" displays ... :(

Line thickness is simply too thin, so antialiasing doesn't work well there.

Ahh, that's a good explanation.

I was already worried about my eyes... :(

Yup, I can confirm that it looks awful on a Windows laptop with non-retina screens. I haven't tried on a retina screen...simply because the devices I use when visiting this forum doesn't have such a screen. That, combined with not having perfect vision, makes it hard to read this forum now :(

That, combined with not having perfect vision, makes it hard to read this forum now :(

a) That's very annoying.

b) If you have some kind of "blocker", adding the following two filters removes the offending fonts:

https://*.cloudfront.net/src/font/fugue/*https://*.cloudfront.net/src/font/univers/*

• Like 2

Thanks @Daid, you made my life soo much better today :)

Hi Everyone, thanks for the feedback!

I have shared the feedback about the font, lets see what comes out.

@Daid, good to see you found some time to get back on the forums. Always so much fun ;) The thing about the font has supposedly something to do with windows too. Are you all running windows who see it any less than perfect? It is pretty high on our list to get that fixed, along with some other things.

There were also some things addressed during the launch on the 18th, I have requested a list of what was implemented so you know what we have been doing :)

@SandervG and @Daid, the font is a little weird

Try it on your smartphone. When I was posting on my iPhone 6 using Chrome, the font was really, really small.

Nice to see Daid back. Finally, I'm not the only cat-avatar poster :)

I have similar font weirdnesses as Daid describes, although not identical. It looks a bit like the font is drunk. Also the fonts in the title bar (Explore Products Stories etc...) look pixelated.

Browser: Pale Moon (most recent version). Pale Moon is a split off of Firefox which still uses the old-style layout with menu bars and status bars.

Here is what I keep seeing at the top of the screen when i go to read a new post in a thread (following the notification link)

forum-post.thumb.JPG.4b6f05857d05d3eaa4a2d1fa9acee746.JPG

forum-post.thumb.JPG.4b6f05857d05d3eaa4a2d1fa9acee746.JPG

Viewing the new forum from my MacBook Air (non-retina screen) now and, yes, it looks better that on my Windows laptop. The fonts are not as weird, but still very thin. But light grey text on white background???

Running W10 and IE11 on a fairly ordinary laptop screen and the fount (absolutely the correct spelling in English, before our big brother hijacked the language) is pretty yeugh although I can read it.

Err for some reason it looks better in this text box I am writing in, the lines are thicker.

It's slightly disappointing that the don't-go-to-latest-post bug is still not removed. It's quite annoying to e.g. land on top of page 52 of this thread all the time. @SandervG, can you please make sure this bug moves to somewhere at the top of the priority list? We have it now for half a year. I think this is a very long time for an unsolved annoying bug.

This image speaks for itself...the menu has an overlay issue (Chrome on Win 7). The problem goes away as soon as you scroll the page though.

overlay-issue.thumb.PNG.1124080d2f844b679541afba33e8fba6.PNG

And that is on top of the issue that this part of the menu is not taken into account when you scroll the page with the spacebar (that I reported a bit above in this thread).

overlay-issue.thumb.PNG.1124080d2f844b679541afba33e8fba6.PNG

It's slightly disappointing that the don't-go-to-latest-post bug is still not removed. It's quite annoying to e.g. land on top of page 52 of this thread all the time. @SandervG, can you please make sure this bug moves to somewhere at the top of the priority list? We have it now for half a year. I think this is a very long time for an unsolved annoying bug.

yea I agree it is a bit disappointing. It is something that has been going back and forth in (almost) being solved but it has been very difficult to fix. I have never stopped trying to get it fixed, but as you probably understand the Ultimaker 3 introduction on the web received quite some priority lately.

Edited by Guest

another issue; while trying (a few times) to upload in the print section, i can only add 1 photo (in one post), the others never finalize upload...

is this a bug? is there a max file size limit?

yea I agree it is a bit disappointing. It is something that has been going back and forth in (almost) being solved but it has been very difficult to fix. I have never stopped trying to get it fixed, but as you probably understand the Ultimaker 3 introduction on the web received quite some priority lately.

That's why I wrote the above reminder after the launch...

Edited by Guest