Obnoxious top bar

ahoeben

Posted (edited) · Obnoxious top bar

I'm not sure if you want the feedback to the new forum in one big collection topic, or separate issues in separate topics, but here goes.

When scrolling through a long thread, the Ultimaker top bar popping over and disappearing every time you scroll up or down gets annoying real quick. It is also extremely large on say a wxga laptop screen, obfuscating a sizable chunk of the message body display.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 9

Posted · Obnoxious top bar

That and motion draws attention in the edges of your view. Every time you scroll, you attention is pulled toward the moving border, but it doesnt have any reason to want this attention.

Yes, please make that go away! This new site is like a junior high kid's power point. A bunch of crazy distracting transitions that were used just because you could use them, but only serve to cheapen and distract from the content you really want people to focus on.

• Like 2

Hah, I'm glad others aren't holding their tongue :D The bad thing about being a moderator is that I often feel I should hold back a bit on my personal opinions when I really want to spew bile :p

• Like 3

Hah, I'm glad others aren't holding their tongue :DThe bad thing about being a moderator is that I often feel I should hold back a bit on my personal opinions when I really want to spew bile :p

Well, thats why the sugestions now have a 'voting' mechanism. Post if and if enough people agree, it will be taken into account (as its way more quantifiable')

• Like 1

Cognitive overhead

Concerning the the top bar and several other features of the new forum I'd recommend a thorough reading of Conklin's "Hypertext: An Introduction and Survey":P ... as valid as ever.

That's what I did when I wrote my diploma thesis about a hypertext browser (yes: "hypertext", Tim Berners-Lee came up with the term world wide web just when I was finished ;-)