shifted layers

Posted · shifted layers

dear all,

I have problem about shifted layers.

20150509_080247.thumb.jpg.80f25f3a852ff05444ccc0c7f63feb90.jpg

I read in 3dverkstan, tighten the pulley and motor.

I follow the instructions, but I still have same problem.

is there any suggestion to solve this problem.

I know in this forum there are a lot of experiences nice to share.

please let me know.

regards

20150509_080247.thumb.jpg.80f25f3a852ff05444ccc0c7f63feb90.jpg

Posted · shifted layers

What printer are you using?

Assuming it's any kind of Ultimaker with short belts: Did you make sure they are tight?

Are the steppers well audibly and visibly skipping steps?

When the printer is switched off, can you push the print head around with your little finger or do you feel enormous resistances somewhere?

Did the issue show up right from the beginning or after successful prints? If the latter is the case, did something happen to the printer?

Posted · shifted layers

What is the orientation of your part.

Is the layer shifting sideways? forwards or backwards? or is it shifting in height?

The Z motor only goes up and down and only effects the height of the print. It should make a clicking sound every layer as it moves down to put the next layer on top.

How old is the printer?

The Z screw may need greasing and the guide rod may need a drop of oil.

Check the Z screw is securely fastened to the motor.

Posted · shifted layers

I get the same issue when the main rods are dirty on the X/Y axes. Unfortunately, I often use that as a signal to clean the printer.

Posted · shifted layers

Hi Rob,

Have you made sure the set screws for the pulleys on the motor axes are tight as well?

Posted · shifted layers

i've made sure all pulley on the motor axes are tight.

I also marked on the pulleys to make sure.

Posted (edited) · shifted layers

like dim3nsioneer said: can you move the printhead (switched off) around by hand? Does it move lightly?

Clean the X and Y rods with a little light oil and remove as much as possible.

Edited by Guest

Posted (edited) · shifted layers

I get those lines when my spool of filament is jamming itself or turning too tightly, try printing something small with some filament off the reel. As in cut of a bit and feed it in so that you can at least test the if the feeder is at fault, as if its pulling even very slightly. I only print like this now and get constant perfect layer height. It wastes a bit, but i can always get it recycled when i have enough of it, so im not bothered, and im happy to 'waste' this extra bit to achieve my perfect layer heights as it means far less sanding and post work before spraying.

Its worth a shot, even just to see how it looks....

Also check your model to make sure its looking fine in the View mode/layers option. Before you print so you know what the program is trying to print.

...and get some sewing oil and lube up the bars, cant hurt.

Edited by Guest

Posted · shifted layers

Hi @rob_hoffman2003

If you have found your solution in the replies, please select it as the best answer to help future readers with a similar question. Thank you! :)