Fan percentage on Ulticontroller satus screen...

amedee

Posted · Fan percentage on Ulticontroller satus screen...

I like to see the actual fan percentage while printing. It is available on the full graphic controller, and I was really missing that on the UltiController...

I eventually decided to add that at the end of the status line -- 14 characters for the messages are more than enough for me.

The result:

17717899062_ac295be422_n.jpg

If you are interested, you can build a firmware for your Ultimaker here (Link to the sources there as well).

This 15.05.1 release also contains a small fix to get proper rounding when converting floats to integers for the display, as I was tired to see things like 'Z002.99' instead of 'Z003.00'...

As usual other than these cosmetic changes, the firmware is identical to the one distributed with Cura, so it won't affect your prints ;)

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Ported it to my marlin FW - it´s working as expected - THANK YOU !!

b.t.w.: If you need suggestions for further FW development: please assist in make the "stop function" working correctly :-)

Hi is there a ready to download firmware for the um plus with led function?

I tried to use the online builder but after build the firmware and press the the download button nothing happend i cannot download it .

Im running win 8.1 maybe that is the problem.

thanks in advance

@gizmo999 -- I'm not sure about Windows, but it should work.

MSIE can be a problem, I would recommend using FireFox or Chrome.

I am not providing builds other than via the builder there are too many combinations ;)

@onkelgeorg -- I'll look into that next time I play with the firmware

@drayson -- not sure what your expectations are from the 'stop' function...

• Like 1

ok will try another browser.

is the led function alo available with the builder firmware ? its not an option when building the firmware

is the led function alo available with the builder firmware ? its not an option when building the firmware

Yes, it is built by default.

(There is no option to turn it off as it does not do anything if you do not use it...)

Basically that it moves aside when "stop" is hit and don't stay at the place waiting for manual movement...

From a gcode point of view it could be like

G91 relative positioning

G0 Z1 raise head by 1mm

G90 absolute positioning

G0 X0 Y0 or to a predefinable position - or just G28 X0 Y0

Maybe as a derivate of M600...?

Yes, it is built by default.

(There is no option to turn it off as it does not do anything if you do not use it...)

thanks !!

@gizmo999 -- I'm not sure about Windows, but it should work.

MSIE can be a problem, I would recommend using FireFox or Chrome.

I am not providing builds other than via the builder there are too many combinations ;)

@onkelgeorg -- I'll look into that next time I play with the firmware

Ok so have tried the download button on google crome ,tried a different computer win7, but nothing happens .

Or does it save to clipboard or something .

i can see the built log ,and under download button i can see ;Firmware MD5 hash: 121bd6c61799b709e9ca93b5561bd8cf.

shut i see a popup? when pushing download button? or shut i hook up the ultimaker on the computer?:O

Posted (edited) · Fan percentage on Ulticontroller satus screen...

Choose options then click "BUILD" then when done click "DOWNLOAD".

It should download a hex file ".hex".  Something like "MarlinUltimaker-UMO-250000.hex".

Then in ie, or firefox or chrome you right click it and do "show in folder" or similar.

Next you connect your computer to your printer through USB and run Cura and do Machine "install custom firmware..." and choose the hex file.  It's pretty safe, the bootloader in the arduino is protected so even if you load bad firmware you can always load proper firmware later.

Edited by Guest

ok i wil try this thnks!!

Ok i give up ive just downloaded the firmware from github works better for me .

Thanks anyway

Ok so in the picture im seeing also layer height ,ihave managed to download the firmware with Firefox but im not seeing the layer height in my display when printing.

How can i manage that? really like that:)

The layer display is a little Cura Pluging I wrote.

Now the funny thing is that when you write a plugin, Cura add a 'help' button that redirects on the old ultimaker wiki, and I discover that way that somebody already made a plugin with the same name doing the same thing :p

I am still using my own, but never published. So you can try the original one: http://wiki.ultimaker.com/CuraPlugin:_Showlayer

(Never tried it, but it should be very simple. In case it does not work, I always can share mine)

Edited by Guest

ok thnks!!

BTW, I pushed a small update today

• Moved the fan% a the beginning of the line, it looks better to me
    • If you have GT2 pulleys, there is an option to set the right X/Y steps/u in the firmware
      (This is not strictly necessary as you can edit and save this setting in nvram from the controller, but I like it this way ;) )

• Like 2

Not strictly related to the Fan%, but for the ones using my fork / firmware builder...

Two small changes in the firmware:

- I just realized that when printing via USB Marlin looses the last character of the M117 message command. Easy to fix -- I'll push this upstream as it is a Marlin bug...

- While at it, I am also now padding the message line to avoid leftovers from longer messages (This issue is in the original firmware as well ;) )

Hi! maybe you could link your fork or the commits as then it´s easier to follow... (and migrate it...)

Thank you in advance!!

There is actually a link to the fork and the last commit on the https://bultimaker.bulles.eu/ builder page ;)

But here are direct links:

I try not to have multiple changes per commit, so one can easily cherry-pick changes...

Edited by Guest

Hi Amedee,is there a way when using the builder to adjust the motor current on the umo+?.

I mean is there a way to edit that hex file ? or can it be added to the builder

Hi Amedee,is there a way when using the builder to adjust the motor current on the umo+?.

I mean is there a way to edit that hex file ? or can it be added to the builder

You could just add the values you want at the start of the gcode:

Copy & Paste from This post

M907 X1300 Y1300 Z1300 E1250

Yes i know that is an option, but was curious if there was an permanent solution in the firmware using this builder afterwards:)