Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
nallath

Post processing plugin

A quick update for those of you who want the tweak at z, pause at height and others back. I've been working on a plugin that allows for the loading & execution of such scripts.

The layout is still rubbish, localisation doesn't work correctly and it hasn't been fully tested, but I still want to share this with you guys. You can find the plugin here; https://github.com/nallath/PostProcessingPlugin . See this as an early alpha / beta.

If you want to make your own script, have a look at the examplescript (that does nothing) that is in the scripts folder. The plugin should automatically load all scripts that it finds in that folder.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

You need to put the plugin in the plugins folder. The script folder is inside the PostProcessingPlugin folder

O.k. I got it, it should be located in :

/home/username/.local/share/cura/plugins

(the folder "plugins" must be generated by hand - would be nice to establish this folder during installation to give the user a better hint ;) )

But what's that :angry:

ERROR - Import error loading module PostProcessingPlugin: No module named 'PostProcessingPlugin.scripts.Test'

Commented out the problematic line in "PostProcessingPlugin.py" and it seems to work :D

O.k. let's not talk about the optic aspects, the usability and the function ... you mentioned in your starting post "See this as an early alpha / beta." :D

But it gives a good idea how things could work ...

Jetzt grad mal auf deutsch (weil ich echt genervt bin):

diese Forums-Software ist doch einfach für die Katz!

Warum glaubt die Software ausgerechnet in Code-Fragmenten wie meinem obigen rumeditieren zu müßen und da irgendwelche Geschichten reinzuschreiben !!!

Die Fehlermeldung heißt:

ERROR - Import error loading module PostProcessingPlugin: No module named 'PostProcessingPlugin.scripts.Test'

... toll im normalen Text wird nicht "autokorrigiert" ...

Commented out the problematic line in "PostProcessingPlugin.py" and it seems to work :D

Whoops. I've updated the code. Should work for everyone now. If you feel like changing the GUI, feel free to do so and create a pull request. I'm going to be away next week (holiday in Germany actually) so I won't be able to look at it next week though.

Jetzt grad mal auf deutsch (weil ich echt genervt bin):

German is so much better for raging ;)