Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Post processing plugin

nallath

Posted · Post processing plugin

A quick update for those of you who want the tweak at z, pause at height and others back. I've been working on a plugin that allows for the loading & execution of such scripts.

The layout is still rubbish, localisation doesn't work correctly and it hasn't been fully tested, but I still want to share this with you guys. You can find the plugin here; https://github.com/nallath/PostProcessingPlugin . See this as an early alpha / beta.

If you want to make your own script, have a look at the examplescript (that does nothing) that is in the scripts folder. The plugin should automatically load all scripts that it finds in that folder.

All right I've added a pause at height script to it as well. Now it actually does something :)

Maybe can't see the forest for the trees at the moment :O

Were should the files and the script-folder be located ? (Ubuntu)

You need to put the plugin in the plugins folder. The script folder is inside the PostProcessingPlugin folder

You need to put the plugin in the plugins folder. The script folder is inside the PostProcessingPlugin folder

O.k. I got it, it should be located in :

/home/username/.local/share/cura/plugins

(the folder "plugins" must be generated by hand - would be nice to establish this folder during installation to give the user a better hint ;) )

But what's that :angry:

ERROR - Import error loading module PostProcessingPlugin: No module named 'PostProcessingPlugin.scripts.Test'

Commented out the problematic line in "PostProcessingPlugin.py" and it seems to work :D

O.k. let's not talk about the optic aspects, the usability and the function ... you mentioned in your starting post "See this as an early alpha / beta." :D

But it gives a good idea how things could work ...

Jetzt grad mal auf deutsch (weil ich echt genervt bin):

diese Forums-Software ist doch einfach für die Katz!

Warum glaubt die Software ausgerechnet in Code-Fragmenten wie meinem obigen rumeditieren zu müßen und da irgendwelche Geschichten reinzuschreiben !!!

Die Fehlermeldung heißt:

ERROR - Import error loading module PostProcessingPlugin: No module named 'PostProcessingPlugin.scripts.Test'

... toll im normalen Text wird nicht "autokorrigiert" ...

Commented out the problematic line in "PostProcessingPlugin.py" and it seems to work :D

Whoops. I've updated the code. Should work for everyone now. If you feel like changing the GUI, feel free to do so and create a pull request. I'm going to be away next week (holiday in Germany actually) so I won't be able to look at it next week though.

Jetzt grad mal auf deutsch (weil ich echt genervt bin):

German is so much better for raging ;)

@nallath what is the best way to share plugins that we have created?
    @nallath responds well the "pull requests" on github. And to cookies.

@nallath responds well the "pull requests" on github. And to cookies.

Someone is going to get some referral bonus if I get some cookies :)

Archived