Average hours per week effective printing

frederiekpascal

Posted (edited) · Average hours per week effective printing

Hey guys,

I was wondering, how many hours per week is your UM printing? On an averaged base of course.

There are 7 X 24 = 168 hours per week, I would say that my UM2 is printing at least 80 hours per week. :D (when I don't have any issues with my precious of course..., like now)

How many hours is your printer working on a average weekly basis? :)

Post-processing and or slicing are not counted in the average hours per week.

Edited by Guest

Posted · Average hours per week effective printing

Same as you, my printer sometimes has issues, ongoing upgrades etc., and so is out of function... Therefore I'm usually very happy once I get it back up and running, and will print quite a bit more than usual in the following week or so. Being a family man with lots to do and little time, I feel I don't print as much as I'd like, and again, it varies a lot, but maybe 15 hours on average when its functional.

For the fist 6 months I probably averaged around 80 but now its more like 30-40.

Even though printing is a slow process its still faster then I can design stuff.

I don't have enough time to organize drawings and finish designs.

I have had both my printers running just about non stop for the past few days as I got in a Hubs order and my nephew asked me to print him stretchlets to sell for a school project.

We have 3 printers. all running 40-50 hours per week.

Total print hours per machine:

UM2: 2780

UM2: 1975

UME: 687

I bought my UM2 in August and these are my current stats :

c7aUM91.jpg

Yes, I love 3D printing :D

I bought my UM2 in August and these are my current stats :

c7aUM91.jpg

Yes, I love 3D printing :D

What!? August? So like 2 months ago? and 1400 hours!?

Thats 24h a day! :O

Ow boy, today I found out that the runtime stats for "printing" don't go up when you print through USB. So I'm stuck at 766 print hours. :D

Good thing to resell your printer in the future imo, only X hours printed sir! ;)

I wonder if there is a way to see that in the Ultimaker Original?

Last month I had about 50 hours week, this November has averaged about 30 hours a week :) That's a lot of blue tape, too!

Tends to vary for me, depending on what I'm working on. Right now I'm running a 30 hour print, and I had one running for about 11 hours before that one, and another for 30 hours before that one. That was since Sunday. I also aborted one after three hours, after realising there was a mistake in the design. So, a bit of quiet a week for me.

I've had my Ultimaker 2 Extended 4 months or so now. I'd say its going 120+ hours per week. It certainly earns it's spot in my "MakerRoom" as I call it :)

I've swapped out the nozzle just once so far and will be getting an Olson Block pretty soon as it just looks like something every Ultimaker should have.

I've had my Ultimaker 2 Extended 4 months or so now. I'd say its going 120+ hours per week.  It certainly earns it's spot in my "MakerRoom" as I call it :)

I've swapped out the nozzle just once so far and will be getting an Olson Block pretty soon as it just looks like something every Ultimaker should have.

You can win one, if you participate in our Community Contest :)

We are currently in our 4th contest, and we start a new one every Monday!

• Like 1