where is the Ultimaker Store?

Posted (edited) · where is the Ultimaker Store?

UM2: "Connectivity: SD Card, WiFi printing ready (future upgradeable)"

Wifi? :OWait whut?

This was advertised by UM back when I got my UM2. I'm Still waiting for the upgrade. :p

I'm aware of that, just like the dual extrusion ;)The question is, why is it still being advertised?

I have a doodle3D :) Still have to get my octoprint rasp pi to work though :(

Edited by Guest

• Replies 83
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · where is the Ultimaker Store?

Hey @SandervG ..

just wondering..

since this was brought to Ultimakers attention a week ago (and granted, jan1 was a day off) and you promptly replied that a shipment was being prepared for Makerpoint..

now, a week later, of all Ultimaker 2 parts still only 2 are actually in stock.. and still there is now way to order a part if it's in backorder.. this really is unacceptable... and Ultimaker has been told a week ago.. While I understand that you've got stuff to do, If someone would point out to me and tell me, hey, your reseller doesn't actually sell your stuff so can you take a look at that, that would be high on my priority list.

also, CoolBlue still insists that you can only print PLA with the device and that it's not yet ready for dual extrusion but.. it's coming!

I would like to point out that is next to impossible to get spare parts for UMO in belgium, the only reseller real Belgian trideus is completely ignoring those. Coolblue only sells printers but thats it

I have a broken down umo and im not able repair it. Not cool dudes, not cool

Edited by Guest

Hi @Falc, what is it you currently need?

If you could send me a DM I see what I can do and help you out!

We'll also talk to Trideus and see where we can improve our service level. The overall Ultimaker experience should be great no matter where you are.

Thank you!

I need a complete hot end kit +some spare peek parts. Mine went down in an epic failiure that i dont understand yet. The peek part melted, brass tube fell out and the hot end destroyed the fan shroud it fell into

Trideus only has some minor parts. They do however have the full range of um2 parts

Edited by Guest

whow. honestly I probably will never buy an Ultimaker in an Australian webshop.

imaginables is the suggested reseller

Ultimaker 2+ in the webshop: 3900 Aussie dollar =2600 euros

Ultimaker shop 1900 euros.

even if I add 20 % Vat this is still only 2280 (and actually there would be only 10 % added by customs if send directly to Australia).

so it is much cheaper to order it via a friend in Germany and get it send to Australia by normal post privately. about 50 euros

so much for local is cheaper....(I even have to pay extra for shipping which is not included in the Aussie price....)

whow. honestly I probably will never buy an Ultimaker in an Australian webshop.

imaginables is the suggested reseller

Ultimaker 2+ in the webshop: 3900 Aussie dollar =2600 euros

Ultimaker shop 1900 euros.

even if I add 20 % Vat this is still only 2280 (and actually there would be only 10 % added by customs if send directly to Australia).

so it is much cheaper to order it via a friend in Germany and get it send to Australia by normal post privately. about 50 euros

so much for local is cheaper....(I even have to pay extra for shipping which is not included in the Aussie price....)

Yep I hear ya. Same goes for NZ.

Actually I lie. The UM2+ model is not advertised on the NZ reseilers website. Even though it's meant to be available globally as of yesterday.

so I had a chat with the Makerpoint guys yesterday..

his site is in english, http://www.makerpoint.nl/en/ , and he will ship worldwide.. he does have to update the shipping costs I suppose ;)

Good to know there are other options.

@Labern if you pay me the trip to NZ i can come with a UM2+ :p

It maybe cheaper then the import duties :p

• Like 1

@korneel thanks for the hint with makerpoint I will have a look at their page and inquire their shipping costs.

@labern: at least we have awesome filament (diamondage) to print with

When I said cheaper I did not mean the retail price would be less, that should be the approximately the same everywhere.

You'll save time and money on shipping since it is being shipped from closer by, avoid import duties and possible currency exchange fee's.

A difference in price could be caused by the shipping costs and import duties our partner faces, but that shouldn't exceed the costs you as a customer make. Not by this much anyway.

We'll look into this, thanks for notifying.

Sorry @didierklein, I was hoping you would get a nice job out of this, personally delivering Ultimaker's ;)

• Like 1

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that we are quickly building up stock of Ultimaker spare parts. Most parts are already available and the rest should arrive this week.

Sander

MakerPoint

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

Hi Sander, welcome to the forum :)

Will you also start to build up stock of less standard parts, like axis, bearings etc ?

To get an idea, I like the way the US partner is doing it;

http://fbrc8.com/collections/ultimaker-2-spare-parts

I understand it's easier for him, as he's building the US units, but anyhow it would be nice to be able to order without going through customer support.

Edited by Guest

Hi Arjan,

We will be stocking less standard parts, but I'm not sure if we should actively promote sales of these parts. Most of our customers are very happy to bring there printer to one of our stores and have it maintained and/or fixed by our Ultimaker trained personnel. I know you are able and willing to repair everything on your Ultimaker, but I think it might be best to only supply certain parts on special request. What do you think?

It would be nice to be able to see if you have stock of something, but as it's probably not something one would need frequently I think on request is perfectly ok,

It would be nice if you keep some stock to have short leadtimes, and/or direct pickup in the store.

And to add something about the leadtime, these special orders took Ultimaker in my experience at least 5 to 10 days to process (ordermanagement+pick/pack, ex shipping) so I'm sure you will do better if you keep stock.

Edited by Guest

There are people like me who live all around the world searching for some of these less standard parts. The only other place to get them other then Ultimaker support is Aliexpress or ebay. These can be of unreliable quality. So listing them on your store and showing that they are genuine parts gives someone like me the confidence of knowing that I can get what i need and of good quality. But in understand if you don't list them.

@Labern, the purpose is that you would/will be able to source the original Ultimaker parts closer instead of all across the globe, from a reliable reseller.

@Labern, the purpose is that you would/will be able to source the original Ultimaker parts closer instead of all across the globe, from a reliable reseller.

Yeah I understand this and it would be the most ideal, but If I'm not getting it direct then I would like some more options.

As stated earlier, my local re-seller doesn't even list the UM2+ and there UM2's are more expensive then me sourcing somewhere else.

If this changes in the future then I will more then happy get it locally. But until I see the benefit I will be shopping around.

IGood day Folks,

We're Imaginables, Ultimaker Sales Partners based in Australia. We would like to address the concerns about pricing difference between Imaginables and Ultimaker. The exchange rate given by one of the major (big 4) Australian banks today (12/1/16) is 1.6485 (EUR to AUD), so buying an Ultimaker 2+ from Ultimaker directly (EUR1895) would be AUD 3123.97. The shipping cost on Ultimaker’s webshop for an Ultimaker 2 to Australia was EUR113.88, which is AUD187.73. So total purchase price from Ultimaker’s webshop (if you don’t get charged any other credit card/ foreign exchange fee) is: AUD3311.70.

Once the printer arrives in Australia, there will be the following charges:

GST (10% on Goods+Freight): AUD331.17

Disbursement Fee (charged by courier company): around AUD20 - 30, let’s say AUD20

Customs Entry Fee/ Australian Govt. Charges: AUD56.2

Total (GST+Fees): AUD407.37

That would make the total cost of buying directly from Ultimaker (AUD3311.70 + AUD407.37): AUD3719.07

Although as of today, our price for an Ultimaker 2+ is slightly higher, but the difference is not as much as stated in the post above. As some of you may be aware, the Australian dollar has been on a roller coaster ride lately, and since the beginning of this year, the trend is mostly downward. We have adjusted our prices several times for the past year to reflect the increase/decrease in exchange rate, but we are not able to adjust our prices too often unless the australia dollar is more stable. We do not vary our prices for ongoing small fluctuations, e.g. Say if the exchange rate worsen by 0.10 in a week’s time to be 1.7485, then it would cost around AUD3940 if someone is to purchase a Ultimaker 2+ directly from Ultimaker, but we will not be increasing our price for such weekly fluctuation.

Our current pricing for other Ultimaker printers are very similar to the cost of buying directly from Ultimaker if you consider all the tax and fees of importing directly from Ultimaker to Australia. The important advantage of buying from us (and also our resellers) is that you will get local technical support and warranty cover provided by us and our resellers across Australia.

Regarding comments of various Ultimaker distributors/resellers websites and spare parts, although perhaps not all parts are listed on theirs or our website, it doesn't mean that parts are not available. If you would like help in sourcing parts or a new Ultimaker Model just give any of our sales partners a call and I'm sure they will be able to help.

We are always striving to provide the best experience to our customers, and are always here to address any concerns, so feel free to contact us directly if you have any queries about our pricing, we are happy to help answer them.

Edited by Guest
    • Like 2

@SandervG

just letting you know.. CoolBlue is STILL not selling Ultimaker 2+'s ..

why isn;'t an official reseller actually reselling your products?

• Like 1

What a bad, bad move on Ultimaker's part. I hate ordering from "local" dealers, who supposedly have a lot of knowledge. But they don't, they have not much stock, they are small and the provide mediocre support, and still try to push the old 2 model. Brands that allow ordering directly are much stronger.

• Like 1