Ultimaker 3 upgrade kit

craftee

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 3 upgrade kit
ultiarjan said:

Bit funny how people look at printers so different as to other products :)

I don't really understand why people think a products price is made up only by it's parts? Have you any idea what the components price of a high-end phone is compared to it's retail price? Do you write letters to Apple/Samsung why you can't get there products for the components price? Don't think so ......

300$ profit is over 40% of the components prices!....

Edited by elnadav12
grammer

Posted · Ultimaker 3 upgrade kit

the whole point is..... a products retail price is not based on components + uplift.....

ok, last example... take a Logitech mouse... couple of bucks in materials... some sell for 95 ....

I'm annoyed my self I bought Ultimaker 2+ extended a month ago and now this I am so agrivated.

This ultimaker 3 was really a blow I am so annoyed specially that ultimaker 2+ is not cheap I could understand if it was like Flashforge or cheap as that but we talking about $3000.

A decent company would have announced 1 year ahead on the new release that would give time to customer, and for sure the ultimaker 2+ go gradually down in price, but no they wanted to make as much money then bam in your face

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 3 upgrade kit

@Sal_Alrous: Maybe you have read some other posts about the UM3 in the meantime and got more information about the UM3. If not:

First, the UM3 is a new model. That means the UM2+ will be continued. That means, the price will stay the same. Maybe the price of second hand machines will drop a bit due to more machines being on that market.

Why did you buy the UM2 Ext+ a month ago? Has anything changed about the reasons you bought that machine? If you wanted dual extrusion, why did you buy a single extrusion printer? If not, why do you need dual extrusion now?

Is your motivation to own the flagship? Then you will have to take that bitter bite and sell your UM2 Ext+ and buy an UM3 Ext.

Are you serious about that year ahead announcement? No tech company will ever announce a new product one year in advance if it's not covered by a systemic patent.

Edited by Guest

By the way, Ultimaker announced in their blog in spring, that they will release a whole new printer before end of 2016. This blog post also was discussed in the forum.

Noone can expect from a company, that they will have a big banner on their homepage for one year, which implicates better not to buy there current products.

• Like 2

A decent company would have announced 1 year ahead on the new release that would give time to customer, and for sure the ultimaker 2+ go gradually down in price, but no they wanted to make as much money then bam in your face

You have no clue what you are talking about matey.

You have no clue what you are talking about matey.

har har har talk like a pirate day!

anyway, there are reasons to disclose this information and reasons not to. Ultimaker has chosen not to disclose the information about a specific date, and there is nothing we can do to change that. they don't owe you or me anything with regards to announcements. it was well and clear a new printer was coming this year (multiple blogs and interviews and forum posts).

if you bought an UM2+ extended because it fitted your needs, good for you. if you bought one despite it fitting your needs.. then why did you buy it?

sure the UM3 is nice and shiny.. but it can do things my Um2+ can't do and the other way around..