Is this stringing? Only in RH corner of prints?

Posted · Is this stringing? Only in RH corner of prints?

Hi,

The last two prints I've done have both had some odd bits of filament hanging off them but only in the top right hand corner. The rest of the print is fine. Is this stringing or something else?

Link to Google Drive images of prints

It might be entirely coincidental but I have just updated Cura to 2.6.2 and also changed the print cores to some 3D Solex Hardcore ones. I did the XY calibration after installing these.

Both prints are in PLA with PVA supports. I didn't use a prime tower in the smaller one.

Any thoughts to stop this happening would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Hayley

It looks a little bit like extreme stringing. I would say even some sort of over extrusion. I think the printer builds up to much pressure in the nozzle similar to a kit sprayer that has a clogging. Did you change anything in the flow settings?

I didn't in the first one (the tall print), flow was just at 100%. In the smaller one the PLA was at 100% but the PVA was at 110% and 225C as I've had some issues with support adherence to the PLA.

It's really odd that it's only happening in that corner on the prints, and only on vertical surfaces as well.

By any chance is your z hop enabled? I had a issue with z hop on cura 2.7 where the printer would run off the print to start a new layer and would travel back to the print at like 5mm/s causing the nozzle to pressure out alot before it made it back to the print... just a suggestion...

That looks like the filament that is extruded before starting the print. That is why it is on one side only and in the same place; where the printing is started from. Maybe try lowering your temp and speed a bit.