Ultimaker Forum | Feedback

SandervG

Posted · Ultimaker Forum | Feedback

Hi @zerspaner_gerd and @kmanstudios, that popup is actually quite new. It shows when you visit our community as a guest and appear to be reading a topic (it pops up after 15 sec after page load). I am looking at what the optimal configuration is, so thank you for the feedback! How do you mean you could not log in? It should be blocked from the home page (community.ultimaker.com) and the register page. I'll look into it to be sure. 

How do you mean once should be enough? Like when you close it once it should not pop up again?

Hi,

On the phone, I usually do not sign on, but that has dan so annoying that I wanted to register
    When writing the password, the pop-up appeared. (on the cell phone)

1 hour ago, SandervG said:

How do you mean once should be enough? Like when you close it once it should not pop up again?

Once when visiting the website for the day.

With me it comes with every load of a page

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Forum | Feedback
    3 hours ago, SandervG said:

It shows when you visit our community as a guest and appear to be reading a topic (it pops up after 15 sec after page load).

For me, it appeared on the front page of the forum. I wasn't browsing any topic yet when it popped.

I'm on my desktop, using Firefox.

And I agree that it should only appear once a day, not on every topic you visit.

Edited by Brulti

Thanks for the feedback. I've changed the configuration so that it only shows ones during your session. Close it, and it won't show again. If you close your browser, and visit our community again; it pops up again. Just once though. I can not configure it so that it only shows once a day, unfortunately. 

Is there a specific reason why you won't browse while being logged in? Isn't that much easier, plus you can see your notifications?

Tested with another browser, it works: it doesn't appear on the home page anymore and only appeared on the first topic I browsed as guest.

? Firefox still shows it on the homepage though, even after the configuration change? I usually use Chrome, and it works like intended here. Tested on Safari too, works as well as intended. 

Yep, it still shows up on Firefox:

homepage.thumb.png.2ff015360e831913d23adba049a8f644.png

The pop-up window is still present in Firefox on the community.ultimaker.com page. I tested it on my phone, and it pops on the home page and on each and every thread you read, and it doesn't wait 15 seconds to pop, more like barely 5 seconds, at least on mobile.

I use Firefox on mobile, I have an Android phone, couldn't tell you what version though...

I can confirm that, since Saturday it has become worse again.
    (with Chrome)

On 5/17/2018 at 1:50 PM, SandervG said:

Is there a specific reason why you won't browse while being logged in? Isn't that much easier, plus you can see your notifications?

The notifications are gone but then and so I do not see anymore which I had already read, or wanted to write on the desktop.

10 hours ago, zerspaner_gerd said:

I can confirm that, since Saturday it has become worse again.

Thanks, I'll see if I can find anything why Firefox chooses to ignore the configuration. What do you mean it got worse, what got worse exactly? I just checked on Chrome (desktop & mobile) and it works as expected. It shows once, and after closing not again. 

11 hours ago, zerspaner_gerd said:

The notifications are gone but then and so I do not see anymore which I had already read, or wanted to write on the desktop.

@SandervG

This is the biggest downside to the new forum...

Once you have clicked on the notification icon...all notifications are "marked as read" when you go back to that menu. Yes, they are still there...but you can't see which ones you haven't read.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SandervG said:

What do you mean it got worse, what got worse exactly?

It was OK for a while. And on Saturday it seemed like it was before.

12 hours ago, SandervG said:

I just checked on Chrome (desktop & mobile) and it works as expected. It shows once, and after closing not again. 

OK true today is the case again.

Being "forced" to use Edge (Windows 10 + Edge) as my browser sometimes I have noticed recenly that when I have clicked on a notification and opened it in a new tab...when I switch to that tab scrolling no longer works. The page is "frozen"...neither the scroll wheel, the scroll list or page down/up works. Reloading does not help. But if I alter the URL and remove the "#comment-XYZ" and load the page scrolling works again.

Not sure if it is this computer that is acting up...or the browser. But the fact is that it happens only on this forum...no other site I visit exhibits the same weird behavior.

@SandervG May it be possible to remove the added "you might also be interested in..." section  you recently added to the e-mail notification?

It was actually quite nice to be able to read all the post via mail client while on the go, but with this added section at the bottom it's a bit of a pain to read especially on smartphones:

IMG_0022.thumb.jpg.55a2775b38648b85055c9dc2de169329.jpg

We seem to have an e-mailing issue at the moment. We're looking into it and we're trying to fix it as soon as possible. 

Edit: Should be fixed from now on, moving forward. Activation emails for new members were also on hold and are all resend now. Our apologies for the inconvenience! 

• Thanks 1

On 5/30/2018 at 2:31 PM, cjs said:

@SandervG May it be possible to remove the added "you might also be interested in..." section  you recently added to the e-mail notification?

It was actually quite nice to be able to read all the post via mail client while on the go, but with this added section at the bottom it's a bit of a pain to read especially on smartphones:

IMG_0022.thumb.jpg.55a2775b38648b85055c9dc2de169329.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. How do you mean this prevents you from reading the full message on a smartphone? For me these blocks are just pasted at the bottom and don't overlay or replace any other content. I figured it is a nice way to suggest some high value content which you otherwise may miss. 

Although I agree the 4 blocks are rather big, I currently don't have much tools to optimize them (like make them smaller). 

How do you mean this prevents you from reading the full message on a smartphone?

It doesn't prevent me from reading the full message, but it causes alot of scrolling which can get annoying for 2+ replies in the thread. If you look at the mails it's most of the time 5% reply and 95% other information. ( maybe a bit exaggerated ? but you get what I mean)

I figured it is a nice way to suggest some high value content which you otherwise may miss.  

I personally would prefer it if you would remove them again. I understand you intention, but those mails are IMHO for replies to threads which I choose to follow.

The high value content could be send via weekly/monthly newsletter, which everyone can decide on recieving.

Although I agree the 4 blocks are rather big, I currently don't have much tools to optimize them (like make them smaller). 

You could translate the optimization you did for smartphones to bigger displays. On my iPhoneSE the blocks are way smaller and all belowh each other. Still I would prefer them to be removed for thread reply mails.

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Forum | Feedback

I agree with @cjs: those blocks shouldn't be on the 'thread has been replied to' emails, but on the newsletter and the daily/weekly digest for the people who opted to get them.

Edited by Brulti

Thank you for your feedback. I take it all into account! 

Is this the only route to support for 3d printing with my Ultimaker? I've written a couple of questions/posts. When I hit submit it just disappears and I can't find it again. How do I get replies or responses? I've tried searching on my account name, but posts just seem to disappear.....What am I supposed to do? How do I get notified of replies?

Hi @tojiero, welcome to our community! 

The first 2 messages you post will need to be moderated by a moderator to make sure you are not a robot or spammer. Only then they become visible for the public. Our apologies for the inconvenience. Since you've passed the 2 post count you should now be able to post freely.

Regarding your question, you should also be able to count on your reseller for support. Whether or not you are under warranty, you should be able to count on our network to give you technical support for as long as you use your Ultimaker. 

But we're also here to help ?

I've seen your other post, and I'll take a look! 

Regarding replies, you can check out your notification settings and set them so you will receive an email when someone replies, if they don't do already. 

maybe not the most pressing issue, but the text of the queue gets garbled when printed from Fusion (long file name).

image.thumb.png.5309a90e08e23fc723211e6799273401.png