printcore2 problem to switch to printcore 1

YvesRossignol

Posted · printcore2 problem to switch to printcore 1

I try to repair my dual print head but the spring from printcore 2 fall down but now I'm unable to place it at the right place because I don't know where to place it! The printer is unable to switch between printcore 2 to printcore 1 

do you have any picture of the spring in the right place?

Thanks a lot!

thanks for all information, but I discover others problems. The screw in the back (the nut glue on board in fact) is impossible to tight because glue is broken. And the main problem, all printcore are glue to the frame because of nylon go between all many part. When I tried to lift the switch I turn too far and impossible to go back. 

Do you have any idea to remove printcore???? I'm out of business without my printer. 

Merry Christmas to you

Yves

image2.jpg

IMG_0766.JPG

image4.jpg

image3.jpg

The switch for printcore is disassemble now. But nylon is still there. I will take picture. 

Posted (edited) · printcore2 problem to switch to printcore 1

Continue to use the heat gun and pull the plastic out with small pliers or tweezers. Just move slowly and deliberately.

Edited by kmanstudios

Do you think my print head will be destroy? look at this picture, I still have Nylon...

How to remove printcore tip (nozzle) and square plate? I can't have access to the upper bolt.... I don't have so small tool... 

IMG_0770.JPG

look comment on this picture. Can I remove chemicaly Nylon ? 

IMG_0770.JPG

I cannot tell from the picture how much damage to the electronics. But I would still heat and tweezer the bits of nylon. I do not know of a chemical solution to remove it.

I was able to connect the printhead and heat up to 300C I removed all nylon that i can but the printcore can't go up and down while I'm using the two "plate" in front of printcore (one is black the lower one) and the other is white.

Since I have an error with printer (er12) I can't heat the printcore and reset the printer

Posted (edited) · printcore2 problem to switch to printcore 1

I think i will change the printhead and the printcores... 700$ USD ??? and where I can have it quickly. (I find printhead from frbc8 but is it good part ?) Can i have one from ultimaker ? 

408+2*114 = 636$ usd plus transport, duty fee, taxes, usd to cdn dollar = 1000$.... 

Edited by YvesRossignol

|I would check with your reseller about all of this.

Now, my printhead work and I have an error er15 in slot 1. It take about 15 minutes and the printer stop because of heater too hot in printcore1. I lost (unable to recover) the small silicon shield at the tip of the printcore1. But I have max temperature at 285C for print core 1 and 385C !!! for printcore2 in the maintenance menu.

Did you ever get in contact with your re-seller? from what I hear they will usually help you out with a case like this.....

Also, many parts of the head are pretty cheap, the metal part and electronics are expensive, but the plastic parts are cheap and easy to replace if damaged. 

have a look at this before you attempt to take a CORE  apart.

It's work now

My experience:

- always use silicon pad because airflow are very bad without it and the temperature rise and you will have an er15 code. 

- always use the good adhesive for bed...

- talk with the communauty and ultimaker.

Bye 

On 1/2/2018 at 2:27 PM, YvesRossignol said:

Now, my printhead work and I have an error er15 in slot 1. It take about 15 minutes and the printer stop because of heater too hot in printcore1. I lost (unable to recover) the small silicon shield at the tip of the printcore1. But I have max temperature at 285C for print core 1 and 385C !!! for printcore2 in the maintenance menu.

You can get that silicon shield cheap.  Your reseller can get it for you.  If your reseller is clueless let us know and someone can get you the UM part number so the reseller can order it.

Or you can lower the fan speed.  It's a combination of fan and missing shield that causes this.  But even 10% fan speed is full speed so try 3% max.  You can connect to the UM3 through network and look at the temperature graph and see when the core is approaching 100% on and when it does lower the fan.

Or you can get a higher wattage print core - the cores from 3dsolex have more wattage.  I used to know this but forgot - I think UM is 25W and 3dsolex is 30-35W.  disclaimer: I'm biased as I sell 3dsolex parts in USA.

Good source for Ultimaker parts and partnumbers, links in the middle of the page to all part photobooks, link copy below for you convenience;

If you want to order parts at you reseller, and they don't have it up on there webside, look it up here and send you own reseller a mail and include the Ultimaker partnumber.

http://www.mindkits.co.nz/silicone-nozzle-cover.aspx

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8M9SXv5Qgy3VTBoMjNYZklqa28/view

• Like 1