Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Oj00

UM3E Just stops printing, no error message

Hi, 

Earlier one of our printers just stopped printing, with no error message. I have just run a different print on it and it has done the same thing. With a few minutes left it has stopped moving, but the timer has continued to count down to 0. Where it just stops at 0 time remaining.

The print head lights are on yellow, but the controls are unresponsive on the front. The display says the heads are still at working temperature, but even the frame light brightness does not change when you vary the %. 

Any ideas?? I cant afford to have an unreliable printer, and we're trying to justify a 3rd currently.  

This is completely new to me. But, what firmware and software? I wonder if there is a mismatch in there somewhere or if something is now truncating your g-code. It would not seem to be a g-code thing as it is on two models, but what if something has introduced the error during code writing? I have seen stranger. And if you can rule it out, you know it is with the printer only.

Please find the Log files attached. For some reason after I dumped them to USB they have a .log.gz format. I have had to rename to remove the .gz to be able to upload them here. 

ultimakersystem-ccbdd3001df2.4.2.5.20180102.boot0.log

ultimakersystem-ccbdd3001df2.4.2.5.20180102.boot-1.log

ultimakersystem-ccbdd3001df2.4.2.5.20180102.boot-2.log

ultimakersystem-ccbdd3001df2.4.2.5.20180102.boot-3.log

ultimakersystem-ccbdd3001df2.4.2.5.20180102.boot-4.log

1 minute ago, kmanstudios said:

This is completely new to me. But, what firmware and software? I wonder if there is a mismatch in there somewhere or if something is now truncating your g-code. It would not seem to be a g-code thing as it is on two models, but what if something has introduced the error during code writing? I have seen stranger. And if you can rule it out, you know it is with the printer only.

Apologies for not being clear, it is the same printer I tried a different g-code file for a new print.

I have just tried to load the gcode file in Cura and it fails to load above 95%. File attached. Should be the latest firmware and Cura version 

UM3E_bush 2.gcode

I understood about the use of two different g-code files for the same printer. And, both having an error during printing.

I am afraid I may not have been clear. I am just a firm believer that life does weird things and I like to rule out the oddities, especially if it is an odd situation. Now, if  both your g-code fails to load at the same place, this could be the error causing mechanism...something is messing up the code and it is not the printer. That should be a relief :)

30 minutes ago, neotko said:

The gcode ends abruptly

Was send by wifi, or saved on usb? Because maybe the usb wasn't properly ejected. Clearly or Cura failed to write all the file or the file saving process was cut before the ended

Captura de pantalla 2018-02-27 a las 15.08.17.png

USB,.. that might be the case, and if it is it will be a big relief. 

I shall try it again and with it being ejected etc and see how it goes. Thanks for the help

• Like 1