LCD with Snootlab Deuligne

Posted · LCD with Snootlab Deuligne

To answer myself. You have to go and get the Deuligne library and put that in

the arduino/library and it has to be compiled with an old version of Arduino.

I got it working with Arduino 22.

FYI, For Arduino 1.0 Wprogram.h should be Arduino.h but changing that doesn't

fix the new list of errors that come up. So use a <1.0 version of Arduino.

These notes should be listed in the wiki.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tristan,

Now that I use the newest Marlin, I'll try to adapt on it the Deuligne lib from last deccember.

Hopefully, I could spend some time trying to use current ultipanel lib, but reminders from last november tell me I won't be able to debug the compilation error.

I'll give more details on this thread once I open arduino :)

Have a nice day, and sorry for the delay,

Alex

Hi Alx

Thank you for the reply.

Well, the only problem for me was that the documentation is not so easy to understand. -At least for me. ;)

Would be good if the deuligne is included in Erik Zalms Marlin.

Otherwise IMHO deuligne wont make the race against Ultipanel, because it runs only on an "old" firmware...

Thanks

Tristan

PS: Are you working at snootlab.com?

Hi all,

I've begin to re-implement the Deuligne on latest version of Marlin, the non-working code is available here:

https://github.com/alx/Marlin

You can follow the bug resolution on an issue made on official Marlin github:

https://github.com/ErikZalm/Marlin/issues/26

Currently, I'm able to compile deuligne support inside Marlin, but once uploaded on the arduino, I'm unable to connect to the serial port.

If some of you have some ideas of where to look, I'd be glad to test them :)

I'll keep you informed about any progress, tomorrow night is our hackerspace meeting, and I might find some help there too.

Have a nice day,

Alex

Hello Alx !

Any progress with your work ?

I downloaded the "compiled" version of the firmware you previously gave in that post and it has worked for me, but as you said your firmware is not based on the last version of marlin I followed that thread to keep me informed and to know when I could upload the most up to date firmware!

Anyway thanks for the good job you already shared here ! I have my snootlab kit that works thanks to you !

Waiting to hear from soon !

Didero

Hi Didero,

Thanks for your feedback :)

Unfortunatly, I'm still blocked on current issue compiling deuligne support on latest version of marlin.

If you have any idea of where I could look, or if you could find someone to give me more advice about this issue, it might help for further investigation.

You'll hear from it as soon as it's working properly :)

Have a nice day,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply ! I wish I could help but sadly this is too far from my skills !

I can just encougage you to continue the good job !!

Cheers !

Didero

Hey all... I thought I would throw this up here (already posted on the google group)

I cannot get the Deulinge lcd panel to work, more like I cannot get the Marlin code to compile. I have the Deulinge libraries installed correctly because I can compile and send sample code files over, scrolling texts and flashing demos etc.

I cannot however get the marlin code from here to compile. (in either Arduino 1.0, 22, and 23)

Here is the marlin I am pulling (from the wiki)

http://wiki.ultimaker.com/Deuligne_LCD_interface

Error I am getting:

In file included from cardreader.cpp:1:

Marlin.h:48: error: variable or field 'manage_inactivity' declared void

Marlin.h:48: error: 'byte' was not declared in this scope

Marlin.h:112: error: variable or field 'kill' declared void

Marlin.h:112: error: 'byte' was not declared in this scope

In file included from /stepper.h:24,

from cardreader.cpp:4:

planner.h:63: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef struct block_t block_t'

Marlin.h:42: error: 'block_t' has a previous declaration as 'typedef struct block_t block_t'

planner.h:104: error: 'BLOCK_BUFFER_SIZE' was not declared in this scope

planner.h:109: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before 'void'

Has support for this been discontinued? I have one of these (forgot I bought it) collecting dust that I would like to use if possible

The deuligne is a great arduino shield considering it has an I2C interface so it doesn't waste your digital pins. That being said, I also have one but don't use it for the UM. It never seemed to work with the latest marlin updates, I don't know if the deuligne branch was ever merged into marlin's main fork, but I suspect it wasn't. And I'd much rather have the latest firmware than an LCD interface.

Hi all,

Yes, the support for this hack has been discontinued.

the best way to reproduce this would be to follow the initial post instruction and fetch the version of Marlin at the time of the post.

Hope you'll have fun with Deuligne shield, it's a great interface to display manu information :)

Have a nice evening,

Alex