PolyCraft

Lift switch misses even after calibration

Posted · Lift switch misses even after calibration

Hi all, I'm new to the forums and fairly new to the S5.

I'm having a bit of trouble getting the S5 to find and use the Lift Switch properly, and it seems to have started with a 20 hour print job (Tough PLA, PVA) I had on recently.

The parts had warped, the print bed had been knocked about 1 inch to the right, the silicone cover on the print head had been pulled out, and the print was offset on the X and Y axis part way through (but despite all of this it was still trying to print!).

Just to be safe I performed a full maintenance cycle, including XY offset calibration and a lift switch calibration, but I'm still having issues.

When I set a print to go the print head moves to the lift switch to change print cores, but seems to miss on the Y axis by about an inch (toward the back of the printer), even after all of the maintenance and calibration.

Does anyone know why it might be doing this, and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Posted · Lift switch misses even after calibration

I've only had my s5 a week now and have had this problem with the lift switch, not sure if it was part of the calibration you done but

there is the specific setting for the lift switch, where you have to physically move the print head so that the lift switch is in the wee gap it needs to be. I'm not near the machine at the moment but I think its under print core calibration menu,