WiFi Greyed out on Ultimaker S5

ScanHD

Posted (edited) · WiFi Greyed out on Ultimaker S5

I just went to update the firmware on my new S5 and found that the wifi option and settings are greyed out. It used to work, but now i cant get into it.

can anybody help?

15523926306956281750702686647175.thumb.jpg.1c59e3d50677062b647eb407f969a34a.jpg

Edited by ScanHD

Posted · WiFi Greyed out on Ultimaker S5

Its hard to se on the picture. But is you ethernet on? if so then the wifi will be grayed out, but if you click it it will turn off the ethernet and connect to the wifi.

What firmware are you on? have you done an update before or is it the one it was shipped with. when i first got my s5 the wifi was unreliable to say the least. so I dit an update using the ethernet (don't know if you have that possibility) but after that update it has worked since. 

ps. have you tried turning off and on the printer, might help. 

im on firmware 5.1.7 and i installed this previously

the wifi used to work for sure as i was sending prints via wifi a few weeks ago

i have never used ethernet as i don't have a router close-by.

yes i've tried everything, including re-installing the current firmware.

Thanks

Try and install the 5.1.8 from and USB if that doesn't work i don't know 😕

https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/52601-update-the-firmware

2 hours ago, NBull said:

Try and install the 5.1.8 from and USB if that doesn't work i don't know 😕

https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/52601-update-the-firmware

updated.

no change 😞

You can try a factory reset, as the last idea - I don't know if it really helps.

@ScanHD Can you please DM me the logs of your printer? I would like to see what is happening in your case and see where we can help. You can also email them to w.elfring@ultimaker.com

Settings -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Save log files to USB

5 hours ago, WesleyE said:

@ScanHD Can you please DM me the logs of your printer? I would like to see what is happening in your case and see where we can help. You can also email them to w.elfring@ultimaker.com

i will do this when the current print finishes in about 28hours

Saving the log file is the best solution because then UM has a chance to catch a possible bug. 

On 3/13/2019 at 8:14 AM, WesleyE said:

you have mail!

I have the same problem, the wifi button is greyed out ... it worked perfectly before the update in 5.2.8 ... help

If need I can also send the LOG file?

Edited by WesleySAV17

i was about to try to revert to an earlier firmware to see if that solved the issue, but alas! the latest intermediate firmware 5.1.93 wont recognise previous firmware on the USB

the pain continues.

I've had this happen in 5.28 but also in previous versions. In all cases a reboot of the printer cleared it.

Still no solution for the Wifi HS since the update in 5.2.8? A new version is it planned? because having a cable that crosses the workshop is not practical ...

On 3/12/2019 at 3:16 PM, ScanHD said:

I just went to update the firmware on my new S5 and found that the wifi option and settings are greyed out. It used to work, but now i cant get into it.

can anybody help?

15523926306956281750702686647175.thumb.jpg.1c59e3d50677062b647eb407f969a34a.jpg

Hello,

Did you had any luck solving this issue?

I am facing the same issue.

Same issue here. Worked a couple of weeks ago (I was running the latest firmware at the time, 7.0.1 I believe) then turned it on after the Christmas break without any software or hardware changes I'm aware of and it's not working.

I haven't been through the pain of factory resets yet but am hoping there's an easier solution.

I have the same issue. The wifi is always greyed out with any Firmware version (5.0.X,5.1.9,7.0.3)  I swapped the cables and changed the whole electronics board except for the Wifi Module. I have the feeling that the wifi modules are just dying over time.

Edited by mkaj2019

We have checked the Wifi Module with a USB Cable adapter on a windows PC and also with a 5V power supply.

What we have experienced:

- USB Hub Controller Crashes

- Power supply goes into current limit

- Thermal Imaging Camera shows very clearly that the AR9271 wifi chip has died and draws too much current.

I will buy a cheap AR9271 wifi usb stick for 5 Bucks on Aliexpress and see if I can repair this faulty board as cheaply as possible. My colleauge thinks it could be a ESD Damge over the wifi antenna or similar.

MicrosoftTeams-image (7).png

MicrosoftTeams-image (6).png

MicrosoftTeams-image (9).png

Edited by mkaj2019