geert_2

Forum unreachable from Ultimaker website

Posted · Forum unreachable from Ultimaker website

Since today there is no link to the forum ("Community") anymore on the Ultimaker website. So, for people who don't have the sublink "https://community.ultimaker.com", from which the forum is still reachable, it seems to have completely disappeared. Probably just a glitch that has been overlooked? Could you have a look at that and repair the link? Thanks.

image.thumb.png.f626e228479cc001a032df1cddaaba27.png

PS: my browser is a standard Pale Moon, which is a Firefox split-off that has kept the traditional menu-structure and status bar, like in the good old days before Firefox went evil à la Google. Pale Moon is a very standard browser that follows the HTML- and CSS-specs as closely as possible, thus any standard compliant website should work. So I don't think this has anything to do with my browser? My operating system is Windows 7, but that shouldn't make any difference for websites either.

Hi Geert, 

Thank you for noticing and reporting here. We're busy restructuring the website, navigation and contents. In this project it is likely that the link to the community page will be moved, but not removed. These optimisations are done in phases, and due to a delay mid-process it is now temporarily available in the footer, and mid-homepage. I expect another update this week. Our apologies for the inconvenience!

Hi Geert, all plans caught up and the community is back in the main navigation, except now it can be found under 'Learn'. 

Or directly in the menu if you browse the website with the smartphone?

On 6/27/2019 at 11:04 AM, SandervG said:

Hi Geert, all plans caught up and the community is back in the main navigation, except now it can be found under 'Learn'. 

Yes, I have seen it, good.

Reachability is key.  :-)

I was just looking today and I also noticed this! I couldnt find it at first. I think it could be more visible, but I also understand you wanting to keep your own advice on the headings as the main point of reference!

What about changing the current link name "Join our community" into "Community / Forum"? This would increase the visibility and discoverability of the forum, I think?