ahoeben

Custom Printjob Prefix plugin

Posted (edited) · Custom Printjob Prefix plugin

I'm working on a small plugin that will let you configure custom printjob prefixes. A test-version can be downloaded here:

Cura 3.5-3.6:http://files.fieldofview.com/cura/CustomJobPrefix-v5.0.0-2019-10-08T11_42_39Z.curapackage

Cura 4.0-4.3:http://files.fieldofview.com/cura/CustomJobPrefix-v6.0.0-2019-10-08T11_42_39Z.curapackage

To install, download the file, drop it into a Cura application window and restart Cura.

The custom prefixes are set per printer via Extensions -> Custom Printjob Prefix -> Set prefix. For now there are a couple of replacement patterns you can use in the prefix:

{printer_name}, {printer_type}, {material_type}, {layer_height}, {machine_nozzle_size}

{printer_type} is the current default (ie: "CFFFP" for any printer that was added as a Custom FFF Printer)

{printer_name} similarly derives from the name you gave your printer, but you can also enter any other text if you wish.

I am open to suggestions for other replacement patterns (and to reports of the plugin working or not).

Update: There is now an updated version of this plugin available through the Marketplace, for all versions of Cura from 3.5 through 4.4.

Edited by ahoeben
clarification
  • Like 2

Posted · Custom Printjob Prefix plugin

Could time and material consumption be added? This is great for standardizing filenames. It is nice at a glance in a fileviewer to learn so much about a file before opening in Cura.

image.png.fc76a826f4e0aaf594684ae6f5fd3b6f.png

Those are a bit more tricky than settings and printer metadata, because they are only available after slicing.

Also good to know is that the plugin can only do prefixes, not postfixes.

Here's an updated version that supports more replacement patterns:

Cura 3.5-3.6: http://files.fieldofview.com/cura/CustomJobPrefix-v5.0.0-2019-10-10T14_23_56Z.curapackage

Cura 4.0-4.3: http://files.fieldofview.com/cura/CustomJobPrefix-v6.0.0-2019-10-10T14_23_56Z.curapackage

{printer_name}, {printer_type}, {layer_height}, {machine_nozzle_size},
{material_type}, {material_weight}, {print_time_hours}, {print_time_minutes},
{date_year}, {date_month}, {date_day}, {time_hour}, {time_minutes}

• Like 3

Absolutely love it @ahoeben thanks again !!  specially the printer name is great as i have a few printers based on the same Ultimaker printer profile, no need to tinker in the json files anymore..

Posted (edited) · Custom Printjob Prefix plugin

one request, on  some of my printers, like my home made GO, I use "line width" to set the nozzle size, so I would like to use {line width}  in stead of  {machine_nozzle_size} 

would be much appreciated if you could add it...

Edited by ultiarjan

And another thing, when using settings like the line width in the name, it would also need to update (or manually be updatable) when a change is made. This would be good to have anyhow as f.e. when you change printer model after you loaded a file, the naming will not update.

3 hours ago, ultiarjan said:

it would also need to update (...) when a change is made

All replacement patterns are reevaluated on an update. I don't want to update it too often, because updating eg on every setting change may slow things down. I'll come up with a solution.

The replacement patterns (all of them) are also updated when a slice is done, so the gcode file you save/print will already have the properly updated prefix.

3 hours ago, ultiarjan said:

when you change printer model after you loaded a file, the naming will not update

Yes it will.

• Like 1

It seems there is a problem with the material_weight, it is always 0 also after slicing. 

print_time_* works fine.

But it happens only on a dual extruder printer, UM2 works fine.

There is now an updated version of this plugin available through the Marketplace, for all versions of Cura from 3.5 through 4.4.

• Like 2