Profile not supported by Cura 4.4.0

Roffe

Posted · Profile not supported by Cura 4.4.0

Hi, 

Everything works fine with Cura 3.6.0. Now, I just installed Cura 4.4.0 as I was interested in the Profiles, first and foremost the Engineering profile. 

I use Ultimaker filaments, black tough PLA and normal PVA, but it is not located at the back of my Ultimaker 3E, but in a Polybox. Unfortunately, Cura 4.4.0 says "profile not supported".

I suspect Cura require that the printer recognize the filament at its back.

What to do?

Go into PREPARE mode.  Across the top (just under "prepare") on the left core click there and instead of having it auto detect your filament type, select the filament manually.

I suspect the intent profiles are only for PLA and only for the AA 0.4 nozzle but maybe there are more.  "tough pla" might not have the "engineering" profile but you can print TPLA with PLA settings just fine.

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Profile not supported by Cura 4.4.0

Many thanks gr5. 

Problem partly but not entirely solved, unfortunately. 

I found that for some reason, Cura 4.4.0 had changed printhead 2 to AA 04 (PVA was selected). When I changed back to BB 04, I can see three profiles - Fine, Normal and Fast, regardless if I choose Tough PLA "generic" or "Ultimaker".  When I try PLA for printhead 1, I can also see the "Extra fine" in addition to the others, "Fine, Normal and Fast". No other profiles can be seen. 

During installation of 4.4.0, I chose to keep my profiles. If that is the problem - can I erase all old profiles in 4.4.0? 

(In Preferences/Profiles I can see Extra Fine, Fine Normal, Fast under Global settings. Under Extruder 1 and Extruder 2, no profiles are found).

Edited by Roffe

Yes I'm guessing you are right and you shouldn't have saved your profiles.  Not sure.  But anyway there is a folder - I forget where - on windows I think it's in %appdata% or roaming or something.  It has all the profiles for cura in there - if you delete everything in that cura folder (in %appdata%/cura - or similar) then restart cura it will create the proper default profiles automatically upon launching cura.

I am hoping this fixes my issue as well, where I could get it to start the print, but the extruder stepper would not budge. I narrowed it down, through troubleshooting to a slicing error, but could not find it. SO I deleted all my profiles and reloaded Cura, tweaked the settings I KNOW i needed to and left everything else alone. Hope this helps, will test tomorrow.