Fill-Direction always the same ??

christian-zuercher

Posted · Fill-Direction always the same ??

Other Problems with Cura 13.11:

Temp Control of the Hotend is not really working well. It jumps up and down, and the Print stops after the Hotend Temp shows >= 270°C. There are intermittend Stops and Slowdowns when printing. This Time I printed with 0.125mm Layerheight, but the Fillproblem of the Top/Bottomlayer persists. Cura 13.10RC did not had this Problems.... so it's not the Hardware.

With infill at 25% and higher you get a different pattern. I recommend 20% to get the other infill pattern.

>Temp Control of the Hotend is not really working well

This is important to fix. Heat up the hot end and with your fingers push on the wires near the print head and try to get max temp error or try to get the temp to change. The error is usually from the cable from print head to underneath UM. If so, then you can use the extra cable instead (at both ends). Switch to the other cable at the print head and switch underneath the UM also so the new cable is used in place of the old.

Sometimes the failure comes from the tiny circuit board on the print head. You might need a new one.

Hi All

It's not an Infill Problem... the Problem is on the Tp and Bottom Layers... they are alle filled the same way. Infill is O.K.

OS is Windows 7 64bit Ultimate. And the Temp is relative constant (+- 2°C) with Cura 13.10RC1. So it's not a Hardware Issue.

(Just wanted to rule out possible MacOS problems)

Could be that the bridge-detection code is kicking in, that's the only thing that can change infill direction from the normal 90deg swaps. Got a picture of the model or layers?

Hi Daid

the Item I had to print was this:

http://www.dipic.org/3d/Ecke_Top.stl

It's a simple Part to connect two Rods.

Got the same problem here after updating firmware and Cura 13.11. The hotend temp jumps around +- 15° C. Also the layers does't change the direction. Always the same way.

With cura 13.10 and the old firmware everthing was working.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/cdpa.png/

Update:

I saw that on a other part i have not these problems with the layers.

Hi Daid

the Item I had to print was this:

http://www.dipic.org/3d/Ecke_Top.stl

It's a simple Part to connect two Rods.

Thanks. I'll look into it. I'm also seeing the same infill direction, which should not happen with this model.

The hotend temp jumps around +- 15° C.

You should be careful. I almost missed this. You changed the subject here and then went back to the original subject.

This is very very likely caused by electrical interference between the fan and the hot end temp sensor. In Cura 13.10 the fan goes from 0% to 100% between layer 1 and 2. In cura 13.11 the fan goes to 5%, then 7%, then 11% and so on for about 20 layers (not sure the algorithm - daid posted somewhere - it may have more to do with height than layer qty).

To make the fan run at 5% it turns the fan on and off many times per second. This creates a lot of electrical noise and if your fan cable is close to your thermocouple - especially *before* it reaches the amplifier board - then the temp will be so noisy that it will read out random values +/- 15 degrees each time.

So look for your fan cables carefully and look for the thermocouple cables *before* they reach the tiny circuit board on the print head and push these wires farther apart. You want at least 10mm.

I have the same problem with Bottom/Top Fill-Direction.

Fill Direction

As you can see in the picture, the first layer ist printed 45° and the following are al the same way, not 90° to the layer below.

Another Problem with the Bottom/Tops is, the print speed for the infill is also used for tops. With the print speed from the infill it is hard to fill the complete top in a good and nice quality.

So i reduce the print speed at the tops manually to print them in good quality.

Is it possible in the future to have a seperately print speed setting for the tops in Cura?

That would help me a lot, especially for non-observed long prints.

Jep

Same thing here. Printed a piece about 1cm thick. The Top/Bottom layers are all the same direction. As soon as the infill-layer starts the pattern starts shifting 90 degrees.

Workaround: As i was printing in 100% inf. i just set top/bottom to 0.1.

Hi!

I just stumbled upon the same issue printing a large panel (Cura 13.11):

The first and second layer are rotated 90° and the following layers are all the same :(

Simon

Hi!

I just found out cura 13.10 does not show this wrong Behaviour.

In order to repeat/debug the problem you can

download a file that prints wrong with cura 13.11 here:

http://www.thingiverse.com/download:84980

And here are my settings saved as ini:

http://pastebin.com/mPb6ju2S

Regards,

Simon

Yes i also downgraded the firmware and cura back to 13.10 .

For a standard Ultimaker, the firmware should be no different between 13.10 and 13.11 - the UM1 firmware hasn't changed since March 2013.

Generally speaking you do not need to keep UM1 firmware in step with the Cura version you use; the control language is totally standard across versions, and backwards compatible. Any version of Cura should talk fine to any version of the firmware.

hey illuminarti,

i think they changes something because of the new fan feature? Or is this only a cura setting?

There should be a way in Cura select firmware of the original UM or the UM2 .

I think right now the UM 2 to shake the Cura program such that a kind of copy / paste and some obptions on u be inserted.

It is at this stage that it will be the point between the two versions of Cura between the two version of Marlin .

Maybe I 'm getting beat up . I know there has been much work on the firmware and software slicing . Nevertheless, I think we will eventually be seated firmware so with one Cura we can make the choice of its firmware.

Another solution is to place a return code in the firmware as a bit back on the usb . Thus, the connection of the machine, then start Cura , he will ask the board to return the version of the machine. either:

UM1 -> 00000001 ( Bin ) 1 ( December ) .

UM2 -> 00000011 ( Bin ) 2 ( December ) .

It's pretty easy. Then in Cura to the selection. In the same way I have been able to offer a solution for Marlin in a post igh I prone to the same one.

I hope it évolura .

Pending .

Alex .

Yes, same here... printing 0,8mm solid bottom layer in always the same direction with Cura 13.11 and an UM2, making the result a bit unstable, was better before!

I've found the bug. The bug happens because it sees the "holes" in the print as pillars where the print stands on and tries to get the bridge in between the holes.

Not sure how 13.11 introduced it, most likely it was obscured by a ClipperLib bug before, and 13.11 contains an updated ClipperLib version.

Update will follow soon. There are a few more issues that I want to address.