New plugin - RawMouse

burtoogle

Posted · New plugin - RawMouse

Maybe you copy the file while Cura was running or you have more than one installation of this plugin. Check also Cura's  log files if there is a problem with initializing the plugin.

Seems you clone the git repository and then put the source code directory to the plugin folder. You can download the released zip file from this location: https://github.com/smartavionics/RawMouse/releases/tag/1.1.1 and install these files in your plugin directory as mentioned in readme.md. Delete the old RawMouse directories first.

Regarding SpaceMouse wireless kit, it is possible that 3dconnexion have for those a different hardware-/ devise-id that is not known by the plugin. Check your Windows device manager ->Human Interface Devices ->3Dconnecion SpaceNavigator ->Details ->Hardware-ID's.

Like:

HID\VID_046D&PID_C626

where 046D is the manufacturer-id and C626 the device-id. The matching entry in the file config.json is

[ "0x046d", "0xc626", "spacemouse", "3Dconnexion Space Navigator 3D Mouse" ]

You may report an issue ( https://github.com/smartavionics/RawMouse/issues) if the ID isn't listed in the config.json file so that the developer can add the new device for an update.

• 2 months later...
    Posted (edited) · New plugin - RawMouse

* EDIT: Nevermind! I had to install the latest version from here.

GitHub - smartavionics/RawMouse: Cura Plugin that lets you use a HID mouse to pan/rotate/zoom the view

Hello,

I had extracted to the path you said but i get an error. Any clue what goes wrong?

Thanks a lot in advance.

image.thumb.png.b955527a66df11a6bdb810a6292f986f.png

i get this error:

image.png.b0673820809bbbf7e9ac7cfc00ce54bc.png

Edited by KyrTryf

• 2 months later...

Hi, I was happy to be able using my SpaceNavigator within Cura. But your plugin not works with Cura 5.0. I've created a new folder "Plugins" in the main folder of Cura 5.0 and copied your plugin in it. Cura says it wasn't able to load this plugin.

Is there in 5.0 an new place to install plugins?
    Greetings Juergen

Sorry - I found your update after posting my question. The new version works perfectly!
    Thank you!

Edited by klausijoe

Hello! I just installed this plugin and it seems like all of the direction inputs are reversed? I reversed them in the 3dconexions app and it didnt seem to change anything....  any thoughts?

You can reverse the inputs.  You asked on page 4 of 4.  Go back to page 3 and read Smithy's post about how to reverse them.

Love this plugin. Very often, I switch from FreeCAD into Cura and it takes me several seconds to realise that my SpaceMouse doesn't move the Cura bed around!

I was tempted to write one, but it seems everything one needs these days has already been written!

I followed a link from an early thread and got v1.07. It worked, but I had to tweak the JSON to invert all the axes. Then I found the more recent version with the control to invert all the axes!

If I have to invert all the axes, I presume everyone else also must also do this. Why is it not the default? Are some of the 3Dconnexion devices are inverted relative to one another?

Thanks for this...!

Everyone have own preferences that exactly at the same moment will not match with your taste 🙂

Simply save the config.json file somewhere as backup.

No need. In the new version I just rely on the invert button, thanks!

I've not been clear. The defaults are the complete opposite to my device. I haven't modified anything the SpaceMouse control panel, but it works the way I want. I have to invert everything in Cura. the suggestion is to make the plugin defaults work the same way as the Spacemouse driver defaults.

It's a lovely piece of work. Thanks again.

Very useful plugin. But now with CURA 5 it's not compatible anymore and i miss is very hard. Can you please make it compatible again? Thank you.

An update that works with Cura 5 would be greatly appreciated. I use the SpaceMouse everywhere, especially in Rhino and it would be great to use it in Cura as well.

Thank you!

EDIT:

I installed the latest version 1.2.1 in Cura 5.1 and not getting an error message. Yet the behaviour of the SpaceMouse has not changed at all. What am I missing? I have a SpaceMouse Wireless with Win10 64bit and it works great in other software.

Edited by seltzdesign

Sadly, not working here.

Windows 10.

Cura 5.1.0

Edited by BlondieSL
    Realized that I hadn't gone to the end post

The actual plugin (version 1.2.1) should work well with Cura 5.x. Maybe your plugin need a update?

Edited by DivingDuck

Sadly not working on Mac OS 10.15.7 Catolina 

Tried restarting and reinstalling but no joy. 

can't get the dialogue to pop up showing the inputs 

tried restarting 

Tried stop (didn't seem to do anything) then restarting 

this is my favorite plugin. it worked perfectly on my old mac with cura 4.6.1

now it doesnt work anymore on a arm mac studio m1:

cura 5.2.2

rawmouse 1.2.1

deinstalling the 3dconnexion isnt an option, cause i use the mouse also for fusion360.

also tried with the libspnav ... but no success at all.

the log shows:

2023-01-27 15:01:36,793 - INFO - [MainThread] UM.PluginRegistry.loadPlugin [493]: Loaded plugin FastView 1.0.2
    2023-01-27 15:01:36,814 - ERROR - [MainThread] RawMouse.RawMouse._start [199]: Exception initialising profile: No module named 'hid'
    2023-01-27 15:01:36,814 - WARNING - [MainThread] RawMouse.RawMouse._start [223]: No mouse found!
    2023-01-27 15:01:36,814 - INFO - [MainThread] UM.PluginRegistry.loadPlugin [493]: Loaded plugin RawMouse 1.2.1
    2023-01-27 15:01:36,828 - INFO - [MainThread] UM.PluginRegistry.loadPlugin [493]: Loaded plugin OrientationPlugin 3.7.1

installed and tested on windows -> works perfectly but i prefer it on my macstudio

also tried with libspnav

installation via homebrew:
    xcode-select --install
    brew install libspnav

nothing happens when clicking on the plugin: show device information...

created a symlink:
    ln -s /opt/homebrew/Cellar/libspnav/1.1/lib/libspnav.dylib /usr/local/lib/libspnav.so

now rawMouse 1.2.1 shows
    No Device found

after checking the kernel logs and other infos:

the official driver on macOS (starting with Big Sur) opens the Space Mouse in exclusive mode, so there is no way get access via HIDAPI...
    also there is no workaround to stop the 3dconnexion driver on a mac... the driver will be loaded at startup...
    the only way with the installed driver would be trough the 3dconnexion SDK...

Edited by mysticalpics

Good day

I know this is very old - I have just start using the space mouse, and tried the plugin, but I get an error in Cura saying the plugin cannot be loaded. Running Cura 5.3.1.

Any ideas ?image.png.7d4652db38fffbfac60eb4ce9fa5d201.png

Edited by fluppir

Seems like you have an old version installed. Remove the old plugin and install the actual one (version 1.2.1) from this repository:

https://github.com/smartavionics/RawMouse/releases

For Windows it should work fine with Cura 5.3.1 (at least for my installation)

Funcionando perfeitamente o meu 3D Connection com a versão 1.2.1 no CURA 5.5.0. Sem nenhum tipo de ajuste. Obrigado.

Edited by RBUESA67

Just found this today, and as a longtime Space Navigator user, I want to say "Thank You" 

It took no time to install, and once I actually read all the instructions, it was super fast to flip all the Axes to operate in the manner I am used to.  I'm super happy

Cura 5.7.0 stable