Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

New plugin - RawMouse

Posted · New plugin - RawMouse

There is no solution yet. I did several tests with the developer of the plugin, but we had no chance. It seems that the root cause is a library that is used by the RawMouse plugin, which is not compatible anymore.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have created a plugin that lets Cura access HID mouse devices such as the 3Dconnexion Spacemouse. It's called RawMouse because the plugin interfaces directly to the raw device without the aid/hinder

I just started to use this and found the 3dmouse move opposite than expected. On a hunch I edited the config.json file and reversed the scale so that anything negative was positive and visa versa. Now

Hi @DivingDuck, thanks for the feedback.     I can understand your wishes. As you know, at the moment, RawMouse simply emulates the normal 2D mouse so as that can't roll then neither

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Morpheus31 said:

Is there a way to "flip" the controls?

Yes from the readme file:

https://github.com/smartavionics/RawMouse/blob/master/README.md

"scale scales the axis value. If you want to make the axis faster, increase the value. To slow the axis down, reduce the value. To flip the direction of movement, change the sign."

So to flip, just change + to - or vice versa.

• 3 weeks later...

I found that the problem of pitch and roll being jumpy was fixed by clicking the left button on the space mouse and enabling pan/zoom and rotation in the advanced setting of the 3DConnexion popup! Buttery smooth now. Thank you Burtoogle!

Untitled.thumb.png.4fe79c31bfa84579808d6ffee62c66fb.png

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry   Ihave a problem  - plugin ist not installing 

only fast view is shown in the market place . 

I.have got laptop still  runnng it but canot getting it work with newer Cura versions . 

Any hint  ?  how to force plugin stallation  ? 

regards rudi 

Posted (edited) · New plugin - RawMouse

Hi burtoogle,

many thanks for this wonderful plugin, finally adding SpaceMouse support into Cura! I can't understand why Ultimaker refuses to support these devices. I bought mine for about USD150 (with 20% student discount), so it isn't very cheap, but I think it's affordable even for hobbists community. And of course 3D mice are standard in profi CAD. Even FreeCAD (open-source freeware) already supports 3D mice.

Again, thank you very much and good luck in all you do.

Ales.

Edited by ales_xy
    On 1/25/2021 at 6:48 PM, mbourque said:

I just started to use this and found the 3dmouse move opposite than expected. On a hunch I edited the config.json file and reversed the scale so that anything negative was positive and visa versa. Now it works great!

"profiles" : {
        "spacemouse" : {
          "axes" : [
            { "offset": 0.0, "scale":  0.1, "threshold": 0.01, "target": "movx" },
            { "offset": 0.0, "scale":  100.0, "threshold": 1.0, "target": "zoom" },
            { "offset": 0.0, "scale":  0.1, "threshold": 0.01, "target": "movy" },
            { "offset": 0.0, "scale":  0.05 , "threshold": 0.01, "target": "rotpitch" },
            { "offset": 0.0, "scale":  0.05, "threshold": 0.01, "target": "rotroll" },
            { "offset": 0.0, "scale": -0.1, "threshold": 0.01, "target": "rotyaw" }

Thank you for this. I installed RawMouse and could not get used to piloting around the object with the inverted controls I can move the object like it's in my hands as I usually do with other CAD software.

Posted (edited) · New plugin - RawMouse

Hi, I discovered this a few weeks ago and got it working perfectly in Cura 4.8, but after installing Cura 4.9.0 yesterday I can't get it to show as a plugin.  I followed the exact install steps I used last time, expanding the folder in the plugins folder.  Does 4.9.0 do something to block RawMouse, or am I missing something? 

Edited by purposed2020

There is a new version for Cura 4.9 which should work.

Can not get it to work on 4.9.1, any idea?

First tried to copy old one from 4.8.0, but nahh.
    Then tried to download new version, but still nothing..
    Tried to put in in both "Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 4.9.1\plugins",
    and in the config folder "Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\cura\4.9\plugins",
    But guess what, still nothing. Not showing up under the plugins in Cura at all. Wierd..

Starting with Cura 4.9 you need to update the plugin to version 1.1.0.

Ahhh i just downloaded the one on this post. Tought it was updated. But i found the 1.1.0 now, and working!
    Thanks! 😄