New plugin - RawMouse

burtoogle

Posted · New plugin - RawMouse

There is no solution yet. I did several tests with the developer of the plugin, but we had no chance. It seems that the root cause is a library that is used by the RawMouse plugin, which is not compatible anymore.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Morpheus31 said:

Is there a way to "flip" the controls?

Yes from the readme file:

https://github.com/smartavionics/RawMouse/blob/master/README.md

"scale scales the axis value. If you want to make the axis faster, increase the value. To slow the axis down, reduce the value. To flip the direction of movement, change the sign."

So to flip, just change + to - or vice versa.

• 3 weeks later...

I found that the problem of pitch and roll being jumpy was fixed by clicking the left button on the space mouse and enabling pan/zoom and rotation in the advanced setting of the 3DConnexion popup! Buttery smooth now. Thank you Burtoogle!

Untitled.thumb.png.4fe79c31bfa84579808d6ffee62c66fb.png

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry   Ihave a problem  - plugin ist not installing 

only fast view is shown in the market place . 

I.have got laptop still  runnng it but canot getting it work with newer Cura versions . 

Any hint  ?  how to force plugin stallation  ? 

regards rudi 

Posted (edited) · New plugin - RawMouse

Hi burtoogle,

many thanks for this wonderful plugin, finally adding SpaceMouse support into Cura! I can't understand why Ultimaker refuses to support these devices. I bought mine for about USD150 (with 20% student discount), so it isn't very cheap, but I think it's affordable even for hobbists community. And of course 3D mice are standard in profi CAD. Even FreeCAD (open-source freeware) already supports 3D mice.

Again, thank you very much and good luck in all you do.

Ales.

Edited by ales_xy

On 1/25/2021 at 6:48 PM, mbourque said:

I just started to use this and found the 3dmouse move opposite than expected. On a hunch I edited the config.json file and reversed the scale so that anything negative was positive and visa versa. Now it works great!

"profiles" : {
        "spacemouse" : {
          "axes" : [
            { "offset": 0.0, "scale":  0.1, "threshold": 0.01, "target": "movx" },
            { "offset": 0.0, "scale":  100.0, "threshold": 1.0, "target": "zoom" },
            { "offset": 0.0, "scale":  0.1, "threshold": 0.01, "target": "movy" },
            { "offset": 0.0, "scale":  0.05 , "threshold": 0.01, "target": "rotpitch" },
            { "offset": 0.0, "scale":  0.05, "threshold": 0.01, "target": "rotroll" },
            { "offset": 0.0, "scale": -0.1, "threshold": 0.01, "target": "rotyaw" }

Thank you for this. I installed RawMouse and could not get used to piloting around the object with the inverted controls I can move the object like it's in my hands as I usually do with other CAD software.

Hi, I discovered this a few weeks ago and got it working perfectly in Cura 4.8, but after installing Cura 4.9.0 yesterday I can't get it to show as a plugin.  I followed the exact install steps I used last time, expanding the folder in the plugins folder.  Does 4.9.0 do something to block RawMouse, or am I missing something? 

Edited by purposed2020

There is a new version for Cura 4.9 which should work.

Can not get it to work on 4.9.1, any idea?

First tried to copy old one from 4.8.0, but nahh.
    Then tried to download new version, but still nothing..
    Tried to put in in both "Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 4.9.1\plugins",
    and in the config folder "Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\cura\4.9\plugins",
    But guess what, still nothing. Not showing up under the plugins in Cura at all. Wierd..

Starting with Cura 4.9 you need to update the plugin to version 1.1.0.

Ahhh i just downloaded the one on this post. Tought it was updated. But i found the 1.1.0 now, and working!
    Thanks! 😄

A HUGE thank you to the creator for this one. Not having 3dConnexion support has been a detracting factor to using Cura for me. I have been using PrusaSlicer as it has the support.

I just tested the 4.9 beta version of the plugin in 4.10 and it works a treat. I only had to invert the scale on all the axes for the directions to work in the way the 3dConnexion demo moves parts (as is used in most CAD packages).

Got this to work a treat, thanks for creating. 👍

On a side note, I can only get this to work on "Dongle", when I plug in the mouse for charging, the plug in stops working.....any ideas?

Cura 4.10.0

3DConnexion version versions: 3DxWare 10.7.4.3350, 3DxWinCore 17.7.4.18504

Can confirm that it works for me on Cura 4.11.0, just had to change the spacemouse axes scale values from negative to positive by deleting the "-" sign and didnt have to disable any drivers. Not getting buttons to work, but not a big worry for me. Using Spacemouse Enterprise.

Update 9/10/21: Figured out the buttons for spacemouse enterprise, here is a mapping of the buttons I found correlating to the config.json button numbering.

spacemouse enterprise : rawmouse
    menu : 1 
         (also opens menu for 3dxware)
    fit : 2
    top view : 3
    n/a : 4
    right view : 5
    front view : 6
    n/a : 7
    n/a : 8
    rotate view: 9
    n/a : 10
    iso 1 : 11
    n/a : 12
    1 : 13
    2 : 14
    3 : 15
    4 : 16
    didn't find any connection for buttons 17 and on

Edited by sol095

Is there a reason this isn't in the marketplace yet? Couldn't find it when searching but thankfully found this thread with the github link. Install was very easy, just dumped the unpacked zip into the plugins folder!

How do I change what each axis does though? Changing options in the 3D connexion pop up doesn't seem to do anything and I can't see what to change in the json file.

I want to set up/down as zoom, and also the rotation/tilt options. 

Any pointers?

Edited by duckandflea
    additional question added

You find all the information in the Readme of the plugin

https://github.com/smartavionics/RawMouse/blob/master/README.md

Thanks @Smithy. It doesn't explain how to swap the different axis controls though... is it simply just a case of the order they appear in in the json file?

Sorry @duckandflea now I know what you mean, you want not just flip the direction, you want to change the controls to other functions.

So, yes I assume that the order matters in the json, but never have tried it myself.

@duckandflea,

The plugin don't use the setting from 3Dconnexion Settings. You should deactivate all check entries as shown below (first picture).

As an first start you can use the attached config.json. This one is set up to act similar to how it feels in Fusion360.

File location for Cura 4.12 is :

c:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\cura\4.12\plugins\RawMouse\RawMouse\

In addition you can play with the rawmouse menu in Cura (second picture). E.g. Restart is helpful when you tweak the json file while running Cura. Restart will take over the new values w/o restarting Cura.

Hope, this will help you a little.

3dconnexion1.PNG

Rawmouse.PNG

config1.1.1.zip

Great!

Just installed and working great!

Thank you very much for sharing.

On 12/17/2021 at 8:02 AM, DivingDuck said:

@duckandflea,

The plugin don't use the setting from 3Dconnexion Settings. You should deactivate all check entries as shown below (first picture).

As an first start you can use the attached config.json. This one is set up to act similar to how it feels in Fusion360.

File location for Cura 4.12 is :

c:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\cura\4.12\plugins\RawMouse\RawMouse\

In addition you can play with the rawmouse menu in Cura (second picture). E.g. Restart is helpful when you tweak the json file while running Cura. Restart will take over the new values w/o restarting Cura.

Hope, this will help you a little.

3dconnexion1.PNG

Rawmouse.PNG

config1.1.1.zip 937 B · 2 downloads

Hi, I'm happy to discover this plugin, but I can't get it to work.

I'm testing it with Cura 4.12, with various 3Dconnexion devices; an older SpaceNavigator for Notebooks, and a new Spacemouse Wireless. Both work perfectly in Fusion 360.

Followed all the above suggestion, unchecked checkboxes as shown, and replaced the default config with the provided one.

But no motion at all. I can pan and zoom the traditional way with my normal mouse, but no motion at all from the spacemouse.

I've tried stopping the 3d connexion software, various restarts of the extension, Cura, and the whole computer, and not sure what else to try.

Please help!

Thanks,

Stephen

Hi @StephenM,

This sound like the plugin isn't installed correctly. Is the RawMouse Plugin listed under Extensions as shown in picture two and what version is installed (Show Device Information)? The actual version should be 1.1.1.

13 hours ago, DivingDuck said:

Hi @StephenM,

This sound like the plugin isn't installed correctly. Is the RawMouse Plugin listed under Extensions as shown in picture two and what version is installed (Show Device Information)? The actual version should be 1.1.1.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it shows under extensions, with Stop, restart, flip axes, and show device information.

Version is 1.1.1

The only other slight difference is the installation path is ...4.12\RawMouse-master\RawMouse.

Ha! I think I just figured out the issue.

I'm using a single USB receiver spacemouse kit, like this:

https://3dconnexion.com/uk/product/spacemouse-wireless-kit-2/

I unplugged that, went to a different brand of right-side mouse, and suddenly my left side Spacenavigator started working!

Not sure why this was an issue. Some kind of bug. 

Would prefer to keep the whole system working together, but one step closer.

And another strange point, when I use the "show device information", it shows:

Axes

[0} scale -0.1 ...

All are negative except the last one.

This is the opposite of the config.json file you provided, and I have copied into the install file location and overwritten the original.

So it's not using that file? Weird.

Thanks,

Stephen