Cura stopped cutting models

Shulyapin

Posted · Cura stopped cutting models

Your answer is now as helpful as before, I have no idea what problem you have exactly.

It's the same as saying I can slice all my models with Cura without any problems, that probably won't help you either.

No problems here 😉 but this answer will be of no help either!

With the info provided we are unable to offer any help...

Could be something wrong with your install... so un-install Cura, remove the Cura folder, restart your computer and re-install Cura... hopefully after that it works again!

Posted (edited) · Cura stopped cutting models

HERE THESE MODELS DO NOT CUT. AS THE OTHERS. REMOVED THE APPLICATION SEVERAL TIMES. CLEANED THE REGISTER. DELETED FOLDER A APPDATA. NOTHING HELPS!

заглушка розетка.stl probka akb menshe nige.stl

Edited by gr5
    fixed font size

I can slice the STL in Cura 3.6. Models look fine.

So I would suggest focusing on ehat have changed since the last time it worked (OS updates, drivers, etc.)

No problems with these files with Cura 4.7.1... I go with @Framar: OS updates/drivers

I would slice/print the files in this orientation...

_cura_not_slicing_01.thumb.png.2c22749dcac2c5abfb5b4c522654aa93.png

but in this orientation...

_cura_not_slicing_02.thumb.png.3d1c5bddab19b76feaddba6a649f6986.png

... but first you have to find out why Cura doesn't want to slice your file.

Please share the Cura Project-File (3MF) so we have your printer and cura settings...

File is empty...

This is an export-file with only the model... Use the "Save Project" option... Could slice it without any problem!

_cura_not_slicing_03.thumb.png.213983e2535839783551a6e86297e695.png

Application on my computer refuses to slice the model

ender.3mf

123.jpg

One possible cause is a blocked communication to CuraEngine. There's a firewall permission to set during installation of Cura - don't block it.

In any case: take a look at "cura.log" and search for error messages.

For the location of the log-file see:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura#logging-issues

13.12.2020 в 11:07 Smithy сказал:

firewall disabled completely

Posted (edited) · Cura stopped cutting models

File is OK, no problems with slicing... What OS are you using?

Edited by Mari

Windows 10

Gotta be a Windows/Computer thing.  I have 4 versions of Cura and 8 other slicers loaded on this Win 10 laptop and I tried the model in about 8 of them with no problem.  Do you still have the Creality slicer loaded(?) because under the hood it's a less capable Cura and might make an alternative test.

If you need to knock a project out maybe install Prusaslicer.  A lot of people like it.  Bit of a learning curve but at least you would be moving forward.

You've tried "Run as Administrator" and checked all the permissions and sharing and that sort of stuff?

I write a little code and the only way I could get my apps to run was to create Exceptions in my anti-virus.

"Computers are not an exact science" - Me

18 hours ago, tinkergnome said:

Одна из возможных причин - заблокированная связь с CuraEngine. Во время установки Cura можно установить разрешение брандмауэра - не блокируйте его.

В любом случае: загляните в "cura.log" и поищите сообщения об ошибках.

Чтобы узнать, где находится файл журнала, см .:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura#logging-issues

I do not understand these entries, if it is not difficult for you to check for errors. Thank you!

cura.log

Here is the log of my program. I do not understand this matter. Please have a look and point out any errors. Thank you!

cura.log

• Like 1

@tinkergnome - ideas?

On 12/19/2020 at 6:12 AM, gr5 said:

@tinkergnome - ideas?

Well... the connection to CuraEngine does not work. We already knew that. There are no entries about a specific reason in the log file. 🤷‍♂️

It just repeats this cycle over and over again (note the timestamps):

2020-12-16 20:13:27,792 - DEBUG - [MainThread] UM.Backend.Backend._backendLog [110]: [Backend] Calling engine with: ['C:\\Program Files\\Ultimaker Cura 4.8.0\\CuraEngine.exe', 'connect', '127.0.0.1:49674', '']
    2020-12-16 20:13:28,908 - DEBUG - [MainThread] UM.Backend.Backend._logSocketState [192]: Socket state changed to Connected
    2020-12-16 20:13:28,921 - DEBUG - [MainThread] UM.Backend.Backend._onSocketStateChanged [181]: Backend connected on port 49674
    2020-12-16 20:13:28,930 - INFO - [MainThread] UM.Backend.Backend._onSocketError [218]: Backend crashed or closed.