Printer stops at same point

Posted · Printer stops at same point

I'm not sure when exactly this problem first occured, but I think it might have come with Cura 4.9.

My printer is printing perfectly, until it suddenly stops in the middle of a layer. After slicing the file multiple times and also changing the 3D-Model a little, it still always is the same layer it stops in. Neither does the display freeze, nor does the Printer cool down, it just stops in the middle of the inner wall. I already took a look at the G-Code, but can't find anything (not that I am a Pro in inspecting G-Codes...).

I am using an SD-Card, and also had the problem with a printed temperature tower which also stopped only a few layers before the end, alike here. The Temperature tower I was able to print without problems a couple times already, so the model itself is fine.

My next step now will be to downgrade to Cura 4.8 again, but in the meantime I would be very thankful if you got any advice or other solutions for me.

The G-Code is appended, here the Print stops at Z=13.80 in the inner wall.

When I try to stop the Print via the Display, it says stopping... but does not do anything, I suppose because the Printer waits to finish the current G-Code it is executing. So my thought was, that there might be a Code snippet which takes forever and therefor breaks the Print.

AI3M_Extruder_Knob.gcode

gcode looks fine.  I looked for bad feedrates (which can print so slow you thing the printer is stopped) or unusual M codes (like M1 which pauses the printer).

I would do a diff of the file on the SD card versus the "same" file on the hard drive to make sure it is not corrupted on the SD card.  That's all I can think of.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, gr5 said:

gcode looks fine.  I looked for bad feedrates (which can print so slow you thing the printer is stopped) or unusual M codes (like M1 which pauses the printer).

I would do a diff of the file on the SD card versus the "same" file on the hard drive to make sure it is not corrupted on the SD card.  That's all I can think of.

Thanks for the idea! The File I uploaded was already from the SD-Card, so it at least seems like it was fine. I found the Problem: I was using an microSD-Card with adapter, and somehow this caused the problem (even if I don't know why exactly..).

7 hours ago, zeal7726 said:

Now I just gotta find out how to mark this post as solved 😂

Maybe change the title, and add " - solved" to it? Should be possible, I think.

• Like 1

You didn't do the whole "solved" process.  Try the instructions again.  When you do it right there will be a large SOLVED word in a dark/obvious green ellipse before and on the same line as the topic title.

All right.  I'll do it.  😞