Ultimaker Cura 4.13 beta

fvrmr

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 4.13 beta

Hi everybody,

Today we release 4.13 beta! Last release, we focused on quality, this release we want to increase your productivity. We optimized our print profiles for Ultimaker printers. We accomplished this by:

-        New 0.3mm layer height profile

-        Improved printing methods of solid parts

Material synchronization

In the Ultimaker Marketplace you can find more than 200 materials, which are compatible with Ultimaker printers. You can now easily synchronize the material profiles to your printers via the Digital Factory.

Here’s how it works:

-        Subscribe to a profile from the Ultimaker Marketplace

-        Open or restart Ultimaker Cura

-        Click “Sync”, and there you have it: the profile is on your printer exactly when it’s needed

Use any Ultimaker S-line 3D printer (with firmware 7.0.1) and Ultimaker Digital Factory to get started!

499786030_Printspeedimprovements(1).thumb.png.cd99927cc0d8cbdd3f33c149178cd732.png

Add thumbnails to 3mf files:
On Windows you can now see a thumbnail of your model from your 3mf file in Windows file explorer
thanks fieldOfView for this contribution!

Bug fixes:

-        Fixed an issue that caused the native CAD import plug-in to fail loading, blocking users from opening CAD files in Ultimaker Cura

-        Fixed an issue that caused the “pause-at-height” script to stop extruding after resuming on large prints

This release of Ultimaker Cura does not contain as many features for the Ultimaker Community as you may be used to. That said, a lot of amazing things are coming very soon! In the meantime, join the Arachne engine second beta – and be part of Ultimaker Cura’s next revolution!

Read more about the 4.13 beta in our blog post!

Download the 4.13 beta now!

• Like 3

• fvrmr pinned this topic
On 12/20/2021 at 10:03 AM, fvrmr said:

Bug fixes:

-        Fixed an issue that caused the native CAD import plug-in to fail loading, blocking users from opening CAD files in Ultimaker Cura

Yesss!!! Does that mean the solidworks plugin will work again? that was driving me crazy!

49 minutes ago, Jman15x said:

Does that mean the solidworks plugin will work again?

Test it and you will know. I think the line you quoted was about the "native CAD import plugin" that is only available for people that pay for Cura Essentials, not the plugins that are available in the Marketplace for free (made by @thopiekar).

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 4.13 beta

Sorry but I'm unhappy with the direction idea of 4.13! With 4.12.1 I got perfect print with 0.1 mm layers (0.4 nozzle).

With 4.13 Beta I'm getting junk printing Fan impellers! So optimizing for productivity? ... sorry don't think so!

Instead I got a sleepless night, frustrated over wasted time! What is wrong? Interface between fan blade and support.

Got to have support/raft because I print in ABS who refuse to stick properly to glass surface (with glue).

In my mind this is logic: If the user choose 0.1 layers with a 0.4 nozzle the focus is NOT on "productivity",

most likely this user is looking for QUALITY and PRECISION, if more productivity then this user would buy more printers.

(You sell printers too don't You)

In my opinion the user should be able to choose if quality should be neglected and "productivity" should be in focus!

Please stay on the 4.12.1 track and junk 4.13 it's a dead end (IMO) I can go back to sleep now ...

Edit: Sorry bad day/night it wasn't Cura that failed it was my printer! My Dremel probably

overheated somehow. Sent it back to seller for repairs but Dremel had given up 3D printers!

No parts! Dremel tried to send me a new printer but this was damaged too (mechanically).

In the end I got my money back! Went for a Flashforge Guider 2s, sorry no Ultimaker!

I don't fancy the Bowden technology, incompatible as far as I know with expanding

low density fillaments.

Edited by Ohyst60

If  4.12.1 meet's your needs and works fine then a rule of thumb with software is to stick with that version, unless a later version comes with a feature you really really need.

Also 4.13 is a beta so there could be some bug, so going into more detail about the problem you are facing and making showing a few images between the same print on 4.12.1 and 4.13 might help to see what any problem is.

For me personally i'm printing on 4.13 and 0.10 layers and getting better prints, but what i'm printing is not fan blades what i guess can be more tricky to print due to fine walls.

Any chance the UM3 will also receive the material sync upgrade?

i'll stick with 4.8 as 4.13 didn't load any of the printers i had in 4.8 or the profiles made for them when installed. didn't even ask if i wanted to import or use data from previous versions of cura. get that fixed and i might try it again

• Like 1

I just installed 4.13 and all my profiles except two crappy custom ones that I made when fooling around are GONE!

Does anyone know how to retreive profiles again?

• Like 1

Perhaps the Mods could group, and sticky all the threads on this topic.

What with 13 being launched an all