Ultimaker Cura 4.13

fvrmr

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 4.13

Hi everybody,

Ultimaker Cura 4.13 is here!

Last release, we focused on quality, this release we want to increase your productivity. We optimized our print profiles for Ultimaker printers. We accomplished this by:

-        New 0.3mm layer height profile

-        Improved printing methods of solid parts

Material synchronization

In the Ultimaker Marketplace you can find more than 200 materials, which are compatible with Ultimaker printers. You can now easily synchronize the material profiles to your printers via the Ultimaker Digital Factory.

Here’s how it works:

-        Subscribe to a profile from the Ultimaker Marketplace

-        Open or restart Ultimaker Cura

-        Click “Sync”, and there you have it: the profile is on your printer exactly when it’s needed

Use any Ultimaker S-line 3D printer (with firmware 7.0.1) and Ultimaker Digital Factory to get started!

Add thumbnails to 3mf files:
On Windows you can now see a thumbnail of your model from your 3mf file in Windows file explorer
thanks fieldOfView for this contribution!

Bug fixes:

-        Fixed an issue that caused the native CAD import plug-in to fail loading, blocking users from opening CAD files in Ultimaker Cura

-        Fixed an issue that caused the “pause-at-height” script to stop extruding after resuming on large prints

-        Fixed a bug with surface mode will not print all layers

This release of Ultimaker Cura does not contain as many features for the Ultimaker Community as you may be used to. That said, a lot of amazing things are coming very soon! In the meantime, join the Arachne engine second beta – and be part of Ultimaker Cura’s next revolution!

Download the 4.13 now!

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 4.13

I just installed 4.13, as an update to my 4.8, but when I go to the backup plugin to restore my settings, it requires a restart of Cura.
However, it just shuts Cura down and never boots back up. If I start it up manually, I'm shown the introduction screens (to add a printer etc...) all over again..

If I first add a printer and then follow the process, that printer is gone after restoring the backup.

Edited by massis

Have you considered adding the "lightning" support concept to the external ones too??? 

Should probably have a setting deciding weather the support is allowed to touch the outer walls. This in order to have support point (anchors) at X numbers of layers, in order to sort of lean onto the walls for support. Just like you do with anchors on a scaffolding on the outside of a house.

There could even be an option to have the support grow of the side of the wall, just like lightning does internally, but with fewer points to allow breaking it off. 

When I first discovered "tree" support, I actually thought that it did like lightning, but it don't seem to cut down on material and print time that much.

Imagine how many tons of wasted plastic could be saved each year, with clever support structure. Not to mention print time, which is my biggest reason for writing this....

The lightning support looks great. Testing as I write...

But it would be nice if the was an option to set a numbers (distance in mm and/or mm2) for how big a wall can be, before it would get a cross-brace and be connected to the wall on the other side.

Big items gets squizzy on the side, if the walls are not supported. And big parts are the once that would benefit the most from lightning support, so it would be a shame if we can't use it here.

I don't see any way to put something in the CAD model to make this, without creating a hole in the wall. But maybe someone smarter than me can show how??

I just upgraded from 4.11.0 to 4.13.0 and somehow my Machine Settings button is now missing. 😕

I don't see anyone else talking about this yet.  Is it just me? I've added and removed several machines, restarted several times, etc.

I added an issue to the Cura github repository:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/11265

Missing Machine Settings Button.png

I apologize.  This looks to have been an issue with my profiles.  I installed both 4.12.1 and back to 4.11.0 and they both exhibited the same issue.  I backed up my profiles, deleted my profile directories using Option 2 on this guide and restarted and now the buttons are back.  After restoring my profiles all is well.

Machine Settings Button is Back.png

Installed yesturday 4.13 and was all good... after restart. Cure keeps crashing at start. I deleted Appdata Cura folder, uninstall soft / restart - install again and still same issue!

Any ideas?

17 hours ago, lvnona said:

Any ideas?

No, not without a link to your Cura.log. See https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/#logging-issues about where to find that file.

I am having troubles getting cura to start.

ERROR TRACEBACK:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/env/4.13/install/lib/python3.8/site-packages/keyring/backends/macOS/__init__.py", line 49, in get_password

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/env/4.13/install/lib/python3.8/site-packages/keyring/backends/macOS/api.py", line 101, in find_generic_password

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/env/4.13/install/lib/python3.8/site-packages/keyring/backends/macOS/api.py", line 43, in raise_for_status

keyring.backends.macOS.api.SecAuthFailure: (-25293, 'Security Auth Failure: make sure python is signed with codesign util')

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/env/4.13/install/lib/python3.8/site-packages/cx_Freeze/initscripts/__startup__.py", line 74, in run

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/env/4.13/install/lib/python3.8/site-packages/cx_Freeze/initscripts/Console.py", line 36, in run

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/Cura/4.13/build/inst/bin/cura_app.py", line 236, in <module>

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/Cura/4.13/build/inst/lib/python3.8/site-packages/cura/CuraApplication.py", line 844, in run

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/Cura/4.13/build/inst/lib/python3.8/site-packages/cura/API/__init__.py", line 54, in initialize

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/Cura/4.13/build/inst/lib/python3.8/site-packages/cura/API/Account.py", line 118, in initialize

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/Cura/4.13/build/inst/lib/python3.8/site-packages/cura/OAuth2/AuthorizationService.py", line 282, in loadAuthDataFromPreferences

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/Cura/4.13/build/inst/lib/python3.8/site-packages/cura/OAuth2/AuthorizationService.py", line 98, in getUserProfile

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/Cura/4.13/build/inst/lib/python3.8/site-packages/cura/OAuth2/AuthorizationService.py", line 107, in _parseJWT

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/Cura/4.13/build/inst/lib/python3.8/site-packages/cura/OAuth2/KeyringAttribute.py", line 42, in __get__

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/env/4.13/install/lib/python3.8/site-packages/keyring/core.py", line 55, in get_password

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/env/4.13/install/lib/python3.8/site-packages/keyring/backends/macOS/__init__.py", line 55, in get_password

keyring.errors.KeyringError: Can't get password from keychain: (-25293, 'Security Auth Failure: make sure python is signed with codesign util')

LOGS:

Thread 0x000070000dde6000 (most recent call first):

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/Cura/4.13/build/inst/lib/python3.8/site-packages/UM/Backend/Backend.py", line 165 in _storeStderrToLogThread

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/env/4.13/install/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 870 in run

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/env/4.13/install/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 932 in _bootstrap_inner

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/env/4.13/install/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 890 in _bootstrap

Thread 0x000070000cde3000 (most recent call first):

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/Cura/4.13/build/inst/lib/python3.8/site-packages/UM/Backend/Backend.py", line 153 in _storeOutputToLogThread

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/env/4.13/install/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 870 in run

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/env/4.13/install/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 932 in _bootstrap_inner

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/env/4.13/install/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 890 in _bootstrap

Thread 0x000070000b9c8000 (most recent call first):

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/env/4.13/install/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 302 in wait

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/env/4.13/install/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 433 in acquire

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/Cura/4.13/build/inst/lib/python3.8/site-packages/UM/JobQueue.py", line 98 in _nextJob

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/Cura/4.13/build/inst/lib/python3.8/site-packages/UM/JobQueue.py", line 124 in run

Thread 0x000070000a9c5000 (most recent call first):

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/env/4.13/install/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 302 in wait

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/env/4.13/install/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 433 in acquire

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/Cura/4.13/build/inst/lib/python3.8/site-packages/UM/JobQueue.py", line 98 in _nextJob

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/Cura/4.13/build/inst/lib/python3.8/site-packages/UM/JobQueue.py", line 124 in run

Thread 0x00007000099c2000 (most recent call first):

Thread 0x00007000089bf000 (most recent call first):

Current thread 0x0000000110c5ee00 (most recent call first):

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/Cura/4.13/build/inst/lib/python3.8/site-packages/cura/CrashHandler.py", line 398 in _logInfoWidget

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/Cura/4.13/build/inst/lib/python3.8/site-packages/cura/CrashHandler.py", line 184 in _createDialog

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/Cura/4.13/build/inst/lib/python3.8/site-packages/cura/CrashHandler.py", line 88 in __init__

File "/Users/ultimaker/build/Cura/4.13/build/inst/bin/cura_app.py", line 162 in exceptHook

4.13.zip

He actualizado a esta nueva versión y los perfiles de impresoras que tenía han desaparecido, los he intentado importar a mano pero una vez reinicias Cura estos vuelven a desaparecer.

1 hour ago, matosantos said:

He actualizado a esta nueva versión y los perfiles de impresoras que tenía han desaparecido, los he intentado importar a mano pero una vez reinicias Cura estos vuelven a desaparecer.

Please write in English, we are not willing to copy it to a translator to understand what you say.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Smithy said:

Escriba en inglés, no estamos dispuestos a copiarlo a un traductor para que entienda lo que dice.

¡Gracias!

I have updated to this new version and the printer profiles are gone, I tried to import them by hand but once you restart Cura they are gone again.

Hi Guys

How do i get a copy of 4.13 as a msi ?

I have been asked to put Ultimaker Cura on our network so our teachers can teach 3D printing.

The exe that is available isn't any good when it comes to silent installs hence needing the MSI.

I understand that the software is free and i have found version 4.5.0 as an MSI but nothing newer

can someone shed some light on this please as we have students eager to learn Cura

Please advise

AFAIK, the msi installer is only available for "Ultimaker Essentials" customers. That is a non-free subscription. Your choices are:

* get an "Ultimaker Essentials" subscription

* learn to live with the .exe installer

* create a .msi or alternative installer yourself

For the last option, I personally often just unzip the .exe installer. Provided the proper MSVC runtimes are already installed, Cura does not need to "install" much, other than the files in Program Files and a start menu icon.

Thanks for th einfo.

How do i run the software from the extracted exe ?

what do you use to extract the exe ?

19 minutes ago, Exmouth said:

How do i run the software from the extracted exe ?

Just open Cura.exe

19 minutes ago, Exmouth said:

what do you use to extract the exe ?

I use 7zip, but many other archive applications will let you do this.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 4.13

I had Ultimaker Dark theme installed under 4.12.

After upgrading to 4.13, I noted that the post-processing "modify g-code" search and replace dialog is unusable.
    I cannot see any of the input fields on the right hand side where the search and replace and "use regex" tick-box is located.
    I switch to the Ultimaker theme and was able to edit those fields.

One problem with the workaround of switching to Ultimaker theme (not dark), is that though this bug was fixed, I cannot see travel lines unless I am in Ultimaker dark theme mode.

Edited by AEtherScythe

On 1/20/2022 at 3:48 PM, ahoeben said:

Just open Cura.exe

I use 7zip, but many other archive applications will let you do this.

I have extracted the 4.13zip and looked in the folder structure for cura.exe but there does not seam to be a exe in any folders?

Please advise

Then you did something wrong extracting the files, because it is certainly there:

image.thumb.png.d4128f6097d2a5ca31b5bbbf080b785f.png

NB: I am extracting files from the Ultimaker Cura installer, which is an .exe file. I am not talking about the source files that you can download as a zip.

On 1/11/2022 at 2:14 PM, fvrmr said:

Hi everybody,

Ultimaker Cura 4.13 is here!

Download the 4.13 now!

Hi! I went from Cura 4.11 to 4.13 and now the software sees the printer, but it doesn’t send the print. Help?

1 hour ago, PopiTech said:

Hi! I went from Cura 4.11 to 4.13 and now the software sees the printer, but it doesn’t send the print. Help?

You have to be a lot more specific than that. What printer do you have? What is your operating system?

16 hours ago, nallath said:

You have to be a lot more specific than that. What printer do you have? What is your operating system?

I have a Geeetech A20T, with Windows 10.

I tried to uninstall the software and install it again, but it doesn’t work. Now, due to problems with the printer, I had to install the previous firmware in the printer, and CURA sees the printer. So the problem that the new Marlin firmware 2.0.9.3 does not allow LOOK AFTER to see the printer. 

Hi everyone. I just installed 4.13.0, upgrading from 4.12.0. When I go to preview mode after slicing a print, the infill is not being displayed. I have resliced some old files that I know have infill, but there is nothing. Also, for models that definitely have a top, like a 40mm Calibration Cube, the top layer is not displayed. The preview basically looks like it has zero infill and no top, like it's just a hollow box. I have gone to settings and checked the "Force Layer View Compatibility Mode" box, as I saw that solution in a previous thread. I've restarted Cura, but to no avail. Infill and top layer simply will not display in Preview Mode. Please let me know if you need further information for a solution to this.

You didn't mention how many walls are showing.  Check that you don't have "Spiralize outer contour" checked.  Although it would leave just a single wall.

52 minutes ago, dmcneil77 said:

Hi everyone. I just installed 4.13.0, upgrading from 4.12.0. When I go to preview mode after slicing a print, the infill is not being displayed. I have resliced some old files that I know have infill, but there is nothing. Also, for models that definitely have a top, like a 40mm Calibration Cube, the top layer is not displayed. The preview basically looks like it has zero infill and no top, like it's just a hollow box. I have gone to settings and checked the "Force Layer View Compatibility Mode" box, as I saw that solution in a previous thread. I've restarted Cura, but to no avail. Infill and top layer simply will not display in Preview Mode. Please let me know if you need further information for a solution to this.

UPDATE: I just tried printing a 40mm XYZ Calibration cube and it is hollow. Just the bottom and outer walls printed. No Infill and no Top. What am I missing here? I've looked over all of my settings and nothing has changed since I updated to 4.13.0. Any ideas are welcome, because without infill, my printer is useless.