Ultimaker Cura 4.13

fvrmr

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 4.13
37 minutes ago, GregValiant said:

You didn't mention how many walls are showing.  Check that you don't have "Spiralize outer contour" checked.  Although it would leave just a single wall.

The bottom is showing, as well as all sides of the cube except for the top. I'll check the Spiralize Outer Contour setting. Hopefully that's what it is.

41 minutes ago, GregValiant said:

You didn't mention how many walls are showing.  Check that you don't have "Spiralize outer contour" checked.  Although it would leave just a single wall.

THANKS! That fixed it! I usually don't display every setting because I only use a few of them on a regular basis. After I made every setting visible, I noticed quite a few that were activated. Spiralize Outer Contour was activated as well. I appreciate your help and getting back to me so quickly!

Hi! There is a bug in Monotonic Top/Bottom function. It is visible in Preview mode while simulating print head move.

If I'm printing a cube, the diagonal filling of bottom layers is doubling at one half of bottom layer. You can try slice and run preview of project attached.

When Cura fills the bottom by zig-zag moves. It fills a half by 45 degrees moves, a triangle between three corners of bottom square. Instead of continue to fill second half toward last corner, it returns and become fill already printed bottom again. Then, after doubling bottom layer at a half of cube projection, it continues to fill the rest of layer normally, without overprinting. A huge overextrusion is observed on a half of volume. Excessive material is spreading by next layer moves and the result is terrible.

To return correct behaivour it is enough to uncheck the "Monotonic Top/Bottom" function.

Cube100_bug_possible.3mf

I have just updated to the newest version of Cura, in the video it discusses some new profiles, however mine does not look like what is shown in the video at 00m:45s 

Here is mine.

image.thumb.png.b8d4cb91013b9beebf1ee999e6587e85.png

@Nikolay_Po could you post one of the bad gcode files?  I'm unable to duplicate the problem slicing that 3mf file.

@aaran what printer do you have installed in Cura?  Some of the profiles (like Engineering) are specifically tuned for Ultimaker printers.

@GregValiant Creality cr-6 se

I assume the profiles are not for that model?

Any profile that's visible will work with your printer.  The ones that are hidden might work if they were available.  You can always install an UM S3 and see if you can copy one of those fancy profiles, export it, switch to your printer, and then import it.  Sometimes that works, other times Cura notices incompatibilities (nozzle size, wrong number of extruders, or what have you).

You are going to end up building a couple of profiles that work well for you.  I know that the temps, speeds, line width, etc., that I use aren't what other Ender 3 Pro owners use.  Every model is going to have variances that require customizing the settings.  I have one profile for PLA, one for PETG, and one for TPU.  In addition, I have installed three Ender 3 Pros, one for each material because each needed different StartUp Gcodes.

I've found that limiting the profiles and always keeping "All" settings visible keeps me on my toes and I think about what I'm doing rather than rushing through and then having to start over because I forgot to change something.

I'm big on forgetting to move the Z seam.

14 hours ago, GregValiant said:

@Nikolay_Po could you post one of the bad gcode files?  I'm unable to duplicate the problem slicing that 3mf file.

Hello, Greg. Indeed, I have tried to open mine project on different PC (the same Debian Linux, the same Cura 4.13.1). None problem seen. I will try to find G-code file with a problem later.

Mention should be noted that originally I choose Concentric Top/Bottom pattern with "Connect Top/Bottom Polygon" option checked. Then I switched to ZigZag pattern. And my first impression when I saw the printing process, was: Is it filling ZigZag with interleaving, like it did with Concentric pattern?

Nevertheless I was unable to recreate the problem with my own project file on different computer. I'll come back if will find a file with the problem.

I think you will appreciate that any problem that refuses to duplicate itself is impossible to debug.

Regardless of what others might say, and in spite of the fact that I can't prove it, I firmly believe that "Computers are not an exact science.".

@GregValiant, I found G-code file with this problem. It was generated such way, with a bug, twice. Once I noticed the problem and second, after I saved the project with "Cube100_bug_possible" name I re-sliced the cube again and stored it with this new name. And the problem is clearly visible in secondary sliced G-code too. Look an attachment.

Now I started the same Cura 4.13.1 on the same PC. Have tried to slice cube again but can't get the problem, can't repeat this bad result.

Cube100_bug_possible_Gcode.zip

6 hours ago, GregValiant said:

I think you will appreciate that any problem that refuses to duplicate itself is impossible to debug.

Of course. If I'll find something interesting again, I'll show you, for sure.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 4.13

Yes, it's in there.  I have a 3mf file you created as well as the gcode.  I've written it up on GitHub (#11401).  The error is on all the even numbered skins both on the bottom and on the top.

I see it was Cura 4.13.1 but they will want to know what Operating system.  If it's a MAC then what processor, and if you know the video system then pass that along too.

Here is a screenshot from AutoCad.  The magenta lines are doubles.  You can see that it starts at the lower right, goes to the middle, and then restarts at the lower right before continuing across to finish the skin.

1432480020_DOUBLE-DIPBUG.thumb.png.ca90c1c7326ef584ea1fdadd0f0d1b8e.png

Edited by GregValiant

17 hours ago, GregValiant said:

I see it was Cura 4.13.1 but they will want to know what Operating system.

It is Debian 10 Linux, 4.19.0-18-amd64. I used "Ultimaker_Cura-4.13.1.AppImage" file to run Cura slicer.

17 hours ago, GregValiant said:

You can see that it starts at the lower right, goes to the middle, and then restarts at the lower right before continuing across to finish the skin.

Yes, I saw exactly this behavior on the printer.

I am having troubles getting cura to start
    it starts and it closes. Can someone help me

Screenshot 2022-02-02 192258.png

I switched from 4.11 to 4.13.1 and discovered a bug when using support blockers or other objects to modify the infill density in certain parts of the print. The areas of different infill density are not connected like in 4.11. In the modified areas the infill also doesn't connect to the inner walls anymore. The attached pictures shows the problem, it is the exact same file opened in Cura 4.11 and 4.13.1.61140022_Cura4_13_1bug.thumb.PNG.a30f9da7e9f198de1e600cd57fdbb07f.PNG

21 minutes ago, Winchester said:

I switched from 4.11 to 4.13.1 and discovered a bug when using support blockers or other objects to modify the infill density in certain parts of the print. The areas of different infill density are not connected like in 4.11. In the modified areas the infill also doesn't connect to the inner walls anymore. The attached pictures shows the problem, it is the exact same file opened in Cura 4.11 and 4.13.1.61140022_Cura4_13_1bug.thumb.PNG.a30f9da7e9f198de1e600cd57fdbb07f.PNG

Could you report this on github (https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/new/choose)?

I can't seam to load a new material. I went to Marketplace and installed the Ninjatek Armadillo TPU. Rebooted Cura but the Ninjatek material does not show up on the list of materials to use.

Untitled.jpg

8 hours ago, MB107 said:

I can't seam to load a new material.

The Marketplace only contains material profiles for Ultimaker printers. Ultimaker printers use 2.85 mm materials, and since your printer uses 1.75 mm materials, the materials you download from the Marketplace are not shown for your printer.

• Like 1

There is a Bug when using Z-Hop in a octoprint setup. Directly at start of the print job, the nozzle moving down to first layer height+Z-Hop. This however is at the position where the self added pre gcode to purge the nozzle has build his purge mountain. This results in the nozzle does pick up the extruded filament and carry it along to the start print position, which results mostly in a messed up first layer. Can this please fixed for next version ?

G92 E0
    G92 E0
    G1 F1500 E-6.5
    ;LAYER_COUNT:3
    ;LAYER:0
    M107
    G1 F600 Z1.27       <---- this is the critical command, should not be there
    ;MESH:Schrift.stl
    G0 F4500 X34.523 Y91.873 Z1.27
    ;TYPE:WALL-INNER
    G1 F600 Z0.27
    G1 F1500 E0
    G1 F2100 X34.324 Y92.763 E0.01351

Could you give a little more detail please?  I guess I need diagrams sketched on a napkin or something to understand.  First question: does octoprint have anything to do with this?  Is this the octoprint z-hop feature where you can take a photo on each layer?  Or is this the cura z-hop feature.  And do you have a delta printer or a "normal" printer?  z-hop is mostly just used for delta printers.

"where the self added pre gcode to purge" - did this get added in the "start gcode" settings that are part of the printer file?  If so you can edit those.  Or did this get added by cura?  Or did you add them.  Does self refer to yourself personally?

Sorry that I'm a little confused.

Also is this happening on a UM2?  If so is your machine profile set to "ultigcode"?  Or "reprap"?  With "ultigcode" the UM2 itself does the purge (I believe) and with "reprap" the purge is set by the gcode file (if I remember right).

Oh wait - it's making more sense - you are using octoprint so you must be using "reprap" mode, right?  Okay I'm thinking you can edit that "critical command" as you call it in the machine profile in the "start gcode" section.

Just upgrade to 4.13.1 and got a problem with startup.

OS is Kubuntu 21.10, Python Version is 3.9.7 (GCC 11.2.0).

In the cura-log I found the following messages:

2022-03-02 18:57:56,678 - DEBUG - [JobQueueWorker [2]] cura.Machines.ContainerTree.run [174]: Started background loading of MachineNodes
    2022-03-02 18:57:56,678 - DEBUG - [MainThread] cura.CuraApplication.run [863]: Booting Cura took 6.033040523529053 seconds
    2022-03-02 18:57:56,702 - WARNING - [MainThread] UM.Decorators.deprecated_function [23]: <function GlobalStack.extruders at 0x561a1b9eda40> is deprecated (since 4.4): Please use extruderList instead.
    2022-03-02 18:57:56,713 - DEBUG - [MainThread] cura.Machines.Models.CustomQualityProfilesDropDownMenuModel._update [33]: Updating CustomQualityProfilesDropDownMenuModel.
    2022-03-02 18:57:56,725 - DEBUG - [MainThread] cura.Machines.Models.QualityProfilesDropDownMenuModel._update [58]: Updating QualityProfilesDropDownMenuModel.
    2022-03-02 18:57:56,865 - DEBUG - [MainThread] cura.Machines.Models.CustomQualityProfilesDropDownMenuModel._update [33]: Updating CustomQualityProfilesDropDownMenuModel.
    2022-03-02 18:57:56,867 - DEBUG - [MainThread] cura.Machines.Models.QualityProfilesDropDownMenuModel._update [58]: Updating QualityProfilesDropDownMenuModel.
    2022-03-02 18:57:56,998 - DEBUG - [MainThread] UM.Qt.QtRenderer._initialize [210]: Support for Vertex Array Objects: True
    2022-03-02 18:57:57,001 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.View.GL.OpenGL.__init__ [58]: Startup failed due to OpenGL context creation failing
    2022-03-02 18:57:57,038 - CRITICAL - [MainThread] cura.CrashHandler.__init__ [68]: An uncaught error has occurred!
    2022-03-02 18:57:57,039 - CRITICAL - [MainThread] cura.CrashHandler.__init__ [71]: Traceback (most recent call last):
    2022-03-02 18:57:57,041 - CRITICAL - [MainThread] cura.CrashHandler.__init__ [71]:   File "/home/ultimaker/src/output/build/inst/lib/python3/dist-packages/UM/Qt/Bindings/MainWindow.py", line 253, in _render
    2022-03-02 18:57:57,043 - CRITICAL - [MainThread] cura.CrashHandler.__init__ [71]:   File "/home/ultimaker/src/output/build/inst/lib/python3/dist-packages/UM/Qt/QtRenderer.py", line 130, in beginRendering
    2022-03-02 18:57:57,044 - CRITICAL - [MainThread] cura.CrashHandler.__init__ [71]:   File "/home/ultimaker/src/output/build/inst/lib/python3/dist-packages/UM/Qt/QtRenderer.py", line 212, in _initialize
    2022-03-02 18:57:57,046 - CRITICAL - [MainThread] cura.CrashHandler.__init__ [71]:   File "/home/ultimaker/src/output/build/inst/lib/python3/dist-packages/UM/View/GL/OpenGL.py", line 59, in __init__
    2022-03-02 18:57:57,048 - CRITICAL - [MainThread] cura.CrashHandler.__init__ [71]: TypeError: critical(QWidget, str, str, buttons: Union[QMessageBox.StandardButtons, QMessageBox.StandardButton] = QMessageBox.Ok, defaultButton: QMessageBox.StandardButton = QMessageBox.NoButton): not enough arguments

Starting Cura from the commandline display:

Attribute Qt::AA_UseDesktopOpenGL must be set before QCoreApplication is created

ny advice how the get Cura up and running?

Regards

try windows?  I have cura on ubuntu and it works great (appImage).  The errors you are getting are related to openGL which is affected by your graphics drivers and graphics card.  For many people, updating their graphics drivers have fixed openGL errors in Cura.  You might need a newer graphics card?  I really don't know.

17 hours ago, RUEBEZAHL said:

Any advice how the get Cura up and running?

Are you using the AppImage as provided by Ultimaker, or a different version? Try the AppImage.

The version of Cura you use now is crashing while trying to tell you that it cannot initialize an OpenGL context; not even an OpenGL 2.0 context. The crash itself is likely caused by a version-mismatch in a dependency. The AppImage comes with the right versions of dependencies integrated. Your system not being able to initialize an OpenGL context is more indicative of a driver issue, as mentioned by @gr5

• Like 1