Laywood nozzle jam

si2w

Posted · Laywood nozzle jam

Hi,

I tried to print something with laywood on UM2. I had no problem till a nozzle jam...

I printed with default cura settings (210°C, 50mm/s).

Do you have advices to avoid nozzle jam ?

Thanks

You could get a second nozzle and drill it out. I have 2 um2 nozzles - large one is at .7mm. Unlikely to get clogs there. Changing nozzles on the UM2 is a pain. I've only done it twice and the second time still took me 25 minutes.

If you ask Sander very nicely he will probably give you a second nozzle for free.

Did you get your jam cleaned out?

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/4118-blocked-nozzle/?p=33691

It's the same procedure except it is very easy to destroy your bowden tube when you try to remove it. So my instructions are more detailed.

You could get a second nozzle and drill it out. I have 2 um2 nozzles - large one is at .7mm. Unlikely to get clogs there. Changing nozzles on the UM2 is a pain. I've only done it twice and the second time still took me 25 minutes.

If you ask Sander very nicely he will probably give you a second nozzle for free.

Did you get your jam cleaned out?

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/4118-blocked-nozzle/?p=33691

Sorry, but where did you get the 0.7mm nozzle? Would love to get one for my laywood filament

Sorry, but where did you get the 0.7mm nozzle? Would love to get one for my laywood filament

Garry: It's an original nozzle but the hole was drilled bigger.

Garry what country are you in? (please both post an answer and also update your location settings). I might be able to get you one if you are near netherlands or north america. For example Blizz (above) is about to get a free one and he lives in Belgium.

(well it's not free - he has to pay with a few cookies)

I'm not expecting things for free so I will gladly pay for it (although how stupid would I be to refuse if it were free?) but I do keep my promises. Meet the goody bag for next monday:

Ulti-Evening 14/7

;)

Nice. Daid will love you after that. I don't think ultimaker has the ability to sell or charge for parts unless they are part of the whole ordering system. And there are almost zero parts in there.

Lots of luck on a free nozzle. I just ordered one from sales@ultimaker.com, and paid the outrageous price of 96 Euro = US$ 134.

Ultimaker seems to be intent on driving customers away with their bizarre policies on after-warrantee parts: they insist on highest-possible-cost shipping, and charge stupidly high prices with an estimated margin of 8-10x cost. Even their own people are horrified by the lousy parts service.

I'll be selling off my UM2 once its replacement arrives, and certainly won't recommend the UM2 unless they change their policies on this.

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/6333-ultimaker-parts-ordering-costs-are-unacceptable/

Garry don't listen to him. I still think you can get it for free. What country are you in?

I'll be selling off my UM2 once its replacement arrives, and certainly won't recommend the UM2 unless they change their policies on this.

Well I hope you got an open source alternative like lulzbot or printrbot. You think UM is bad but at least they don't steal ideas from their customers and patent them and a million other nasty things. Open Source is worth a lot of money to me. It means the community keeps improving. This whole pricing of the nozzle thing is a temporary glitch (I hope). I mean they were giving them away for free for a while until they finally picked a price. Now I think they over compensated. You just happened to hit it at the peak price. This is an expensive part to make (the nozzle).

I'm located in Singapore in South East Asia unfortunately, but I have a forwarding address in USA if that helps :)

Hmm, as in you have someone that forwards stuff for you? Or some other special arrangement? I'm from Belgium but I wouldn't mind having a USA forwarding address either! :)

It's a forwarder (company) that i use for imports.. :)

just a heads up there is an awesome tool that you all should pick up from makergeeks.com

I destroyed a few nozzles with a torch melting out jams, but this little thing saves me time and money, and is much much safer. get it with some plastic, its cheap. NOT AN AD I SWEAR haha

http://makergeeks.com/3dprnotipclt.html

Looks like a standard carbide PCB drill. You could probably pick up a 5-10 pack for the same price on Ebay.

i'm now able to change over my UM2 Nozzles within 5 mins and that includes re-leveling time. I find it quite easy.

Labern: Perhaps you should make a vid about it so the rest of us can learn

i'd be interested in that nozzle change vid!

Ok ill try to make one soon, maybe this weekend.

Just uploaded the nozzle change video on youtube

just make sure you undo it the right way not like me :mrgreen:

http://youtu.be/K7NWdaRKDck

You have a space at the end of the URL, if you click on it you have a 404.

But thanks for the vid!

Btw, take how many was that? ;)

You have a space at the end of the URL, if you click on it you have a 404.

But thanks for the vid!

Btw, take how many was that? ;)

Removed space.

Was Take 1. Hence it shows me turning it the wrong way. Couldn't be bothered changing the nozzle out again for a better video. Started removing the fans before I remembered to start the video.