Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
xtranger

wich one is the best 3d printer in this moment?

As mentioned in the posts above, asking for comparisons between printers on the forums of one of the printers in question, is bound to introduce some bias...

Additionaly, the question of "best printer" is a somewhat ambiguous one...

No doubt that the UM2 (or even UM1) are amongst the top FDM printers (as reviews and comparisons in eg. make magazine will also tell you).

However, depending on the purpose of the printer and prints, there are now other technologies to consider. High end resin printers like the Form1 or the recently kickstarter launched M one, will achieve superior resolution/surface finish results.

This however comes at the cost of eg. semi hazardous and rather expensive resins...

Again... its all about the intent, purpose and size of your wallet...

Hello I just want to know in your opion wich one is the best 3d printer in the moment?

Makerbot Replicator 5tg generation?

Ultimaker 2?

2014 Series 1 3D Printer?

What do you think is the best of each one?

:lol: So I'm totally unbiased, absolutely impartial, completely open to everything else, and extremely flexible in the machine choice.

:cool: Therefore, I would conclude by saying:

Good 3D printer, there are probably somewhere. Perhaps there is somewhere a few very good 3D printer. And to my great regret, there are out there for sure, a lot of bad 3D printer.

But my Ultimaker 2 is the best among all the other ... :D

At this moment I'm not going to rethink my opinion. Let's see if there is a moment of doubt tomorrow. :rolleyes: :wacko: :ph34r:

Markus

The UM Original kit is much cheaper than the UM2 and prints about the same as long as you don't print ABS (you need heated bed for ABS).

Makerbot deletes forum posts that criticize the company. UM does not.

Makerbot patents designs created on their forum. UM is open source.

Makerbot printers are black. UM printers are white.

Some learn from their previous errors, only that it is a lot of potential for further Errors.

Maybe Ultimaker is in a sense just a little smarter than MakerBot.

Because the big "G" almost always returns matching results:

dissatisfied with ultimaker

dissatisfied with makerbot

Although the comparison of course is not heard because MakerBot sells probably much longer, and are more model variants available.

Markus