Cura 14.7 Help, Top layer is not filled

vw-styler

Posted · Cura 14.7 Help, Top layer is not filled

Hi, I greet you.

Search remedy od. A solution.

I work with Cura.

Whether the verse 14.6 or 14.7, although the check mark at the Pos -.. Bottom / Top layer - fill the bottom layer is filled to 100%, the top layer but not.

Thank you in advance - Didi

Did you accidentally untick "Solid infill top" in the Expert settings?

There is a setting in the expert settings under infill: you need to make sure solid infill top is checked on.

Looks like we typed at the same time :p

Could also be under-extrusion. I got a few reports lately that switched their machine settings to "RepRap (Volumatric)" instead of "RepRap (sprinter/Marlin)", it should be on Sprinter/Marlin, else you will get too little material, and see the above problem.

What do you mean by "cura complains"? 0.8mm is the setting I usually use and it shouldn't cause any problems. In fact you should be able to set it to 20mm if you felt like it. What is the error message?

Not sure where you got the advice to set bottom/top to 2-3 times your nozzle diameter but that person doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

The link to the guide is part of my signature on all posts btw :)

Hi, thank you note.

Sorry "Shell thinckness" I have chosen wrong with 0.8. :eek:

This will "yellow" highlighted, that does not work so well with a 0.5-nozzle.

Sorry, my mistake.

I have used until now "Bottom/Top thinkness" 0.7mm, which is a problem ?.

@ IRoberI - "Bottom / Top thinkness" I try a print with 1.0 mm.

I see if it is ready.

Greeting Didi

Nozzle size still doesn't matter for the bottom/top thickness, it's only affected by the layer height.

Hi Mikk36,

> Nozzle size still doesn't matter for the bottom/top thickness ... <

That was not meant by me.

The problem is still real, not a closed top layer, why?

I'm counting on you. :wink: You are good in Cura, I do not.

Greetings from Germany - Didi :-P

I have my doubts that the problem is really solved. It may just be covered up. I know from experience that a thicker top layer might appear to produce an ugly but solid top even when it's underextruding badly, but the part as a whole will have a strength similar to pummice (i.e. crumbly and not very strong at all).

Underextrusion is my guess. The walls look just as bad to me as the top. Perhaps this is due to going for that wider nozzle and not making all the consequent tweaks that should be needed?

We seem to have a lot of missing info here - I don't even know what printer it is. I'm guessing UM1?

Most likely something wrong with your model, not the slicer.

I notice that slicers have problems with inverted faces, faces on top of faces etc.

If i was you, i would open that model in some good 3d application like 3ds max/maya/blender and select those faces and move them around to see if they are disconnected or have other faces on top of them or below.

I had this problem few times. Its a model issue as i recall it.

Hi, greets you.

@ DonMilne,

You're not wrong. My printer is a DIY already has its quirks. I always have to play with the settings so that

the result is good. But that's normal, right? Every now and then I have also filament crumbs on the surface. Nevertheless, the overall result is ok.

We all know that a 3D printer, is not a plug and play device.

But good that there are such top platforms (forums) that you can help each other.

@ Tonycstech - not a wrong model, they are all technical components of

CAD Prog. ProEngeneer Wildfire 4 and Creo 3.0. The optimized by me for the 3D printing and ok.

See the same files on the Felix-Printer from well printed. Happens to another machine with the same FW

and with CURA14.06. On both computers WIN 7 install.

Since the top layer to be closed when not printed mine.

Whether there is a blanket solution, I do not think so. Only ways to improve something,

the only question is. . . where

- Didi -