esteban-pacheco

Closed TOP surfaces

Posted · Closed TOP surfaces

Yep, smaller is better for testing but i wouldn't go any smaller for this test exercise - you need a bit of surface area to test extrusion covering i would suggest.

I'll upload print files shortly, i'm just printing out a set of my teeth at the moment!

IMG_5163.thumb.JPG.56517d629b0389db1b8269d672113ba0.JPG

IMG_5163.thumb.JPG.56517d629b0389db1b8269d672113ba0.JPG

Posted (edited) · Closed TOP surfaces

the best one is the one with the smiley

i'm gonna download your Gcode... i changed today the temp sensor... (theres nothing left to change on my ultimaker2) unless the frame

maybe is the material from faberdashery better? can you print 3 mm filament in an U2?

Edited by Guest

Faberdashery calls it 3mm but they sell 2.85mm very good quality.

If i print PLA i only ever use Faberdashery filament, its never let me down.

Yep, Faberdashery 3mm is for 2.85mm extruders

Can you post some detailed (close view) pics of my Gcode printed on your machine please

THIS IS NONSENSE, thats your GCode Francfalco... just different material... (same manufacturer, Colorfabb) all the same settings..

Edited by Guest

I have heard from other users that indeed different colours from the same manufacturer behave differently when extruded and some people even go the lengths of a different bespoke profile for each specific colour - does seem like a lot of unnecessary work, but there you go, you seemed to have proved that point.

Maybe its time to contact Colourfab and see what they say?

Well, there is no question, that white stuff is quite simply horrible. Have a word with Colorfabb. Oh, and this is why I keep more than one brand of filament in stock, because I can't trust anyone fully yet :-)

Did you ever measure the diameter of the white filament with a micrometer?

Having read expert tips, most will say its a good idea to always measure filament and print a test 20mm sq cube at 100% infill to fine-tune extrusion results. I have to admit, i very rarely print the test cube and almost never measure my filament - maybe i've been lucky!

But i'm very interested to see if your white PLA is out of tolerances compared to your black.

Measure along and around a couple of meters of each filament to get a good average of diameter. I'm not too sure what is the + or – allowances for 2.85mm filament are?. I assume they would be a lot more critical with a Bowden tube set up, and i'd imagine there obviously shouldn't be a major variation from spec.

Keep us posted

Edited by Guest

I have the same issue and i have not found a solution, but only with 0.2mm layer height. Using Colorfabb BTW.

I been having this problem this week. The sollution took 2 minutes just by using the caliper on this orange colorfabb pla. It was 1.69 instead of 1.75. Changed info on slicer and all went back to production.

Not sure what you mean but im using 3mm filament. I use cura though, so what do i need to do? Im sure a lot of people would also like to know. do i need to measure the filament and then enter the details in cura?

That's the idea yes. When the filament difference it's small it's hard to notice but with a 0.05+ difference you really see it. It's always a good idea to do some measures around the filament to make an aproximation.

I guess using a ruler is out then, lol.

Edited by Guest

Yes. A caliper with at least 2 decimals. They ain't really expensive and it's a absic tool for some designs.

Edited by Guest
Edit sorry no 3 decimals. I mean 2