Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

I still think a belt-driven feeder is nicer than one with spur gears, since a gearbox with spur gears inherently does mean noisier retractions, just FYI.

If you want the same as on the UM2+, just wait for the upgrade kit wich will be aviable sometime during Q1

• Like 1

@blizz: It has a higher e-steps value, a new 1.8 degree stepper motor and reversed stepper rotation.

When you mount the upgrade kit you just flash it with the UM2+ firmware, wich has the correct e-step and direction setting.

Edited by Guest

Meduza does it has the same physical length? Or it's shorter? Becuase I have in my boz of spare parts x4 feeder motors nema 17 that are just one letter wrong from the um2 old one but they are same length and 200 steps. (One order that went wrong).

I installed the UM2 upgrade kit, but had some issues with the Tinker 16.3+ firmware.

So I went back to Ultimakers 2+ firmware, but thats a real pain when you're used to Tinkers information.

So while @tinkergnome seems to be a bit busy with other stuff atm (thats cool, we all have a life..) I like to use Tinker 16.1 and change the e-steps.

So my questions;

- can you use a negative value with M92 to reverse the motor ?

- what are the e steps with the UM2+ feeder ?

- alternatively, where are the e steps set in marlin ? can't find it...

@neotko Ow I know, my UM2 has a different knurled wheel and I'm already running at a different value. was talking about the reversed stepper rotation.

Hey @Blizz I have been wanting to upgrade my knurled wheel -are you using one of those concave ones? Are there any posts specifically about that, or could you please share briefly where you got the wheel and what changes you needed to make?