Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
ML3DPS

Holes in text

20171107_131622.thumb.jpg.fa6fa1f3f761bed0e65397314952975a.jpg

Hi all

I'm having an issue with these small holes in the text. I've done few prints with the holes in the same spot each time. Any ideas how go fix this?

Using UM3 and Cura all up to data.

Print settings

Material: PVB

3D solex .25mm nozzle

Temp. 195C

Speed 20 mm/s

No retraction

103% flow

Thanks

20171107_131622.thumb.jpg.fa6fa1f3f761bed0e65397314952975a.jpg

@neotko might now how to fix this although he usually uses s3d and not cura.

The basic issue is that infill is trying to fill in those holes but basically failing. There are some new settings in cura and I think one of them tries to fix this exact issue but I don't know much about it and don't understand it.

I see. Well easy answer use old cura.

On S3D controlling what gets infill and how is a matter of adjusting 5-7 settings depending on the situation the user has the control of what happens 90% of the time. And if all fails you can just split the too layer and change the settings for that alone or for a part of the object if you plan ahead.

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to do some testing over the weekend. The text is really small right on the limit i feel. Thanks.

Easy solution.

Split the object in 2. One the base the other the texts. Merge on cura, select the text object and assign a lower nozzle size to make the extrusion on that area finner. Play until it fits and also, check the gcode view before printing to see if there’s gaps.

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to do some testing over the weekend. The text is really small right on the limit i feel. Thanks.

Easy solution.

Split the object in 2. One the base the other the texts. Merge on cura, select the text object and assign a lower nozzle size to make the extrusion on that area finner. Play until it fits and also, check the gcode view before printing to see if there’s gaps.

This is already what I do. I have the base printed with a .4 and at a pretty fast speed. The text is done with the .25 with the settings stated in the first post. As you know this saves a huge amout of time with printing. Thanks for your help

• Like 1

could the 'ironing' function be of any help? and use another pattern to go over the top surface. (could also make things worse, but if you don't try....)

What you achieved already looks great for such a small font!

Edited by Guest