Ultimaker Cura 3.1 | Stable

Guest maht

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 3.1 | Stable

Hi everyone,

Yesterday we released the stable version of Ultimaker Cura 3.1. Some of the key feature highlights in this version:

• A new profile for the 0.25 mm AA print core, a new print core with an extra fine line width for high detail surface finishes.
  • A new profile for Breakaway, a new dry post processing material which can be quickly and easily removed.
    breakaway.jpg.bfd84611df505f1683b6d4f46dc98b14.jpg
  • An enhanced Layer view - see a live simulation of the printing strategy with colored representation of the feedrate, for a more informed printing workflow.
  • Quick camera controls - quickly and easily reposition the camera view using toolbar buttons.
  • Increased speed - faster response times when processing, changing printers, or profiles.
  • Compatibility with HP 3D Scan Pro 5.

You can see our complete update blog post here.

Please feel free to give us your feedback about the stable release in this thread.

breakaway.jpg.bfd84611df505f1683b6d4f46dc98b14.jpg

Edited by Guest

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3.1 | Stable

I have had no success with any Cura releases since 15.04.6, which in my experience is very reliable. I have been trying all types of adjustments to enable two filament printing with several releases since 15.04.6, but keep running into problems with the change over from one filament to another.

After many, many hours of fiddling I have found the problem and it is easy to edit out. All 2 and 3 releases of Cura vary the print temperatures as the print is being done. This does not work with multiple head or two into one printing.

It is; however, easy to edit the G-code to remove these variations and set a constant print temperature. I am using DM Kmotion, a free G-code editor. Save Cura's G-code; import it into DM Kmotion's G-code editor; make sure the cursor is at the top of the code; right click and select Replace. For a constant print temperature of 240 degrees, replace all S225 with S240, return the cursor back to the top of the G-code and replace all S230 with S240. In order to varify the incorect temperatures in your code; right click and Find M104 and look at the temperatures in the code for both M104 and M109, which will always be almost directly above some of the M104 code. The temperature 'S..' should all be your set temperature or at the very bottom should be S0.

@maht maybe you can help me. I am using Cura on Mac (10.12.6) and my profiles do not import to new versions. It happens since 2.7. In 2.7, 3.0.1, 3.0.3, 3.0.4 and now in 3.1 I got profiles from 2.6.x (4?). That's all. It do not import materials, printers and profiles. Why is that?

I got now Cura 3.0.3 and Ultimaker Cura 3.1 both. Old one got it all, and 3.1 shows only profiles/materials/printers from 2.6.

It's huge problem for me to import everything manualy (I have lot more printers and materials added).

Edited by Guest

I have had no success with any Cura releases since 15.04.6, which in my experience is very reliable. I have been trying all types of adjustments to enable two filament printing with several releases since 15.04.6, but keep running into problems with the change over from one filament to another.

After many, many hours of fiddling I have found the problem and it is easy to edit out. All 2 and 3 releases of Cura vary the print temperatures as the print is being done. This does not work with multiple head or two into one printing.

It is; however, easy to edit the G-code to remove these variations and set a constant print temperature. I am using DM Kmotion, a free G-code editor. Save Cura's G-code; import it into DM Kmotion's G-code editor; make sure the cursor is at the top of the code; right click and select Replace. For a constant print temperature of 240 degrees, replace all S225 with S240, return the cursor back to the top of the G-code and replace all S230 with S240. In order to varify the incorect temperatures in your code; right click and Find M104 and look at the temperatures in the code for both M104 and M109, which will always be almost directly above some of the M104 code. The temperature 'S..' should all be your set temperature or at the very bottom should be S0.

I think this could easily be fixed by changing the temperatures in the slicing settings: make the standby temperature and the initial and final printing temperature the same as the printing temperature. Do this for each extruder, otherwise it will still fail (I often forget this...).

Hi, sadly i upgraded my software to Cura 3.1 just before i led a 3dprint workshop. big mistake! i got all kinds of problems.

The files exported to USB is unreadable by both my UM3 and UM3E. and the gcode wont load back into cura 3.1. My UM cant find data in file, and reboots to ultimaker screen. after renaming to a filename without number etc. the UM manage to show printtime and material use in display, but wont load file. tried new firmware. no luck. in desperation i tried printing on wifi from a laptop (that by chanse had Cura 3.04.) that worked ok. suddenly usb also worked from cura 3.04.

so is this a known problem from cura 3.1 or is there some obvious fix that i have missed?

Trying to download Cura v3.1 & getting "500 Internal Server Error"

12/7/2017 3:00 PM EST

I'm also having issues with Cura 3.1

Using my UM2 GO fine with 3.1 beta but now I get some weirdness when I change

infill settings, I change it to 100% and it changes it back automatically to what it was before.

Video :

Is it a bug or developers added A.I ? :)

@catohagen: this happens if you have used the 3.1 beta on the same machine. The beta had a couple of issues and upgraded your configuration to an unusable state.

Please go to "Help -> Show configuration folder". Then go up one folder and remove the folder named "3.1". If you restart Cura 3.1, your configuration will be re-upgraded from the previous version, and the magic snapping back of settings should no longer happen.

• Like 1

Hi, sadly i upgraded my software to Cura 3.1 just before i led a 3dprint workshop. big mistake! i got all kinds of problems.

The files exported to USB is unreadable by both my UM3 and UM3E. and the gcode wont load back into cura 3.1. My UM cant find data in file, and reboots to ultimaker screen. after renaming to a filename without number etc. the UM manage to show printtime and material use in display, but wont load file. tried new firmware. no luck. in desperation i tried printing on wifi from a laptop (that by chanse had Cura 3.04.) that worked ok. suddenly usb also worked from cura 3.04.

so is this a known problem from cura 3.1 or is there some obvious fix that i have missed?

Hi @Lekorlien, I will send you an email with a little form to collect structured feedback. It is peculiar that a gcode will reboot your Ultimaker 3, and we would like to look into this closer. Please fill out the form and return it, and we can go from there. Thank you for your time, and our apologies for the inconvenience!

@catohagen: this happens if you have used the 3.1 beta on the same machine. The beta had a couple of issues and upgraded your configuration to an unusable state.

Please go to "Help -> Show configuration folder". Then go up one folder and remove the folder named "3.1". If you restart Cura 3.1, your configuration will be re-upgraded from the previous version, and the magic snapping back of settings should no longer happen.

Ah, thank you....I'll retry later

@SandervG some help with my case? What can I do? I tried to remove 3.1 from configuration folder, but it is importing from 2.6. Edited by Guest

OK, removing the old 3.1 config folder worked :)

3.1 Stable? After install if will not start up...

coming from 3.0.4 (de-installed with 3.1 installer), when starting 3.1 I see the splash screen and then... a lot of nothing... so probably crash

Edited by Guest

Hi,

Is there a way to preheat the bed in Cura 3+? I'm still using version 2.7 cause I can't find how to preheat the bed while I'm configuring my parts to be printed in Cura.

Thanks!

3.1 is even slower to start and is crashing as soon as I select a printer. IT only slices with the UM2+ selected not my other printer. I've managed exactly 1 printable file from it. Capture.thumb.PNG.1696824d09ea43f3e5c936a3edfa9e62.PNG

Hello,

Is there a way to delete things from the new print queues? I cannot find it for the life of me either in Cura, the new web interface, or on the printer itself!

Cant even get 3.10 to start up. I tried uninstalling 3.04, which runs fine, and removing the config folder with all my material-settings etc, then a fresh install...

Still the sw doesnt start, just the start-screen, then nothing...Win10

Edited by Haseo

I ran the Beta version before downloading the Stable version of 3.1 and have no problems opening or running either version. It is very slow to open and every change made in advance mode is followed by a painfully low pause; however, apart from this I have had no problem running it. It has a few issues with dual hotend printing with materials other than ABS. I still have a copy of 15.04.6,  which I use if I need guarantied results. I am working to overcoming the temperature variation issues with 3.1 which prevent dual head printing with a combination of ABS and PETG. 15.04.6 does not have any temperature issues, so it will print ABS from one hotend and PETG from the other, but it lacks the features which make 3.1 attractive, especially the triangular infill.

The person with 'print cue issues' - print from SD and free up your computer. Some of my prints take up to seven days. There is no way my laptop could reliably do this.

On 12/12/2017 at 2:50 AM, BonyJordan said:

Hello,

Is there a way to delete things from the new print queues? I cannot find it for the life of me either in Cura, the new web interface, or on the printer itself!

in case you're still looking for an answer:

1. Go to the Cura Connect print queue.
    2. Find your job in the queue.
    3. Click the button at the left corner of the job (underneath the job name) and select "Delete print job"

There's a picture in the Cura Connect manual (page 19) - the whole description of the job list is in chapter 2.3.