Ultimaker Forum | Feedback

SandervG

Posted · Ultimaker Forum | Feedback

Not for that what already happened, because I don't remember exactly when I visited the forum...but I will check tomorrow and report status.

Right now the status when I went here was, no email notification, but one notification bell for an update to "kmanstudios commented on Welcome to Ultimaker Cura 3.2 | Stable".

4 minutes ago, nilrog said:

Not for that what already happened, because I don't remember exactly when I visited the forum...but I will check tomorrow and report status.

Right now the status when I went here was, no email notification, but one notification bell for an update to "kmanstudios commented on Welcome to Ultimaker Cura 3.2 | Stable".

That bastich....always poking his nose into everything.......;p

I just checked.

No emails.

5 Bell notifications and the bell notifications were nice in that one had a statement of 3 people replying. One notification for 3 replies is good.

But, no emails.

Here is the status for me this morning @SandervG.

Email

1. For Sale: Ultimaker 2 Go inkl. Olsson Block
    2. Welcome to Ultimaker Cura 3.2|Stable

Bell

1. UMO+ to Marlin 1.1
    2. Ultimaker Forum |Feedback
    3. For Sale: Ultimaker 2 Go inkl. Olsson Block
    4. Welcome to Ultimaker Cura 3.2|Stable
    5. youmagine covered in spam

I can say the same as @kmanstudios about the bell's...there is always only one notification regardless of the number of people who commented/liked etc.

It is only the email part that is malfunctioning. Before they fixed the bug...I was "spammed" evertime someone did something. After the bugfix emails seems to work very randomly.

@SandervG

This morning...zero emails...four bells...

Email

• zero, zip, nada, zilch...

Bells

1. How to prevent "overshoot" in corners or "round edges"
    2. Welcome to Ultimaker Cura 3.2| Stable
    3. How to install TL-Smooth - Zebra Strippes Fix UMO - UM2 - UM3?
    4. Ultimaker Mark2 - The Smart Dual-Extrusion Upgrade

On 07/02/2018 at 3:46 AM, kmanstudios said:

I just checked.

No emails.

5 Bell notifications and the bell notifications were nice in that one had a statement of 3 people replying. One notification for 3 replies is good.

But, no emails.

But were you suppose to get emails? 

I am not entirely sure if this post is meant as a 'great, it is working for me' or 'crap, I still don't get emails'. I would appreciate it if you could add your expected behavior to your comment so I know if it needs looking into. Thanks for the cooperation! 

@nilrog were all these notifications about new replies? 

- edit; thanks for sharing. We're looking into it. 

22 minutes ago, SandervG said:

@nilrog were all these notifications about new replies? 

Yes

And now, I came here because I had received two emails.

1. You mentioned me in this topic
    2. Someone replied to "Cura 3.1 is SO slow..."

But...when I came here the bell did not indicate any updates since my last login...

And the "Someone replied to Cura 3.1 is SO slow..." email notification does not show up in the bell at all...yet I have the email indicating that it was updated.

So, while it is apparent that they fixed one bug...it appears that they broke a lot more...or this was not apparent before because we were "spammed" with emails so we did not notice.

Re the bell, I may have influenced which number was shown when I compared notification settings and checked the reason for your notifications, my apologies. 

They should be visible in the list right, except may not show as new.

58 minutes ago, SandervG said:

But were you suppose to get emails? 

I am not entirely sure if this post is meant as a 'great, it is working for me' or 'crap, I still don't get emails'. I would appreciate it if you could add your expected behavior to your comment so I know if it needs looking into. Thanks for the cooperation! 

I am supposed to get notifications through the email. It jsut seems the bell on the forum is better than the email servicing.

The notification list is a beast of its own also...and now with this I can add yet one more annoyance to the list :p

These are the most annoying things with it:

1. When you have clicked on the bell once...it marks all unread notifications as read :O
    2. The notification bell does not always show that there are new notifications since your last visit

On 1/26/2018 at 12:22 AM, gr5 said:

@TedStryker maybe now that you have one approved message it will let you do a direct message.  So try again.  I don't know what will happen.

On 1/26/2018 at 12:22 AM, gr5 said:

@SandervG I sent you a message 2 days ago.  Did it ever alert you?

There seems to be a bug in the image uploading system? If I select an image from the already existing images, there is no problem. But if I want to upload a new one, this sometimes gets published twice, sometimes not. Editing the message again, and deleting the duplicate, does not work. I have to delete both copies, and then re-insert it from the existing images (to which it is added when uploading); then it works fine. This on Windows7, newest Pale Moon browser (=Firefox split-off which keeps the menu-bar and statusbar, like in the old Firefoxes).

I got my daily email with the news from the threads I follow, and notifications here when there's a reply to those threads I follow. So, the notifications works fine for me for the moment.

There are a lot of post where now pictures are duplicated. Seems that the migration has not gone so well.

Even new post sometimes have duplicate pictures.

And here are the pictures disappeared

https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/19212-um3-filament-zu-ende-und-eingezogen-wie-bekomm-ich-das-gewechselt/?do=findComment&comment=186453

:|

On the subject of notification, I can only follow nilrog.

I still do not understand what this window is for:

5a39983898201_ManageFollowedContent.thumb.jpg.e1c2e6f868ac1595e397a9aabd93dcc1.jpg

I'm afraid it's related to it.

For example:

Email

1. https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/21316-ultimaker-2-hohlkugel-erstellen/
    2. not listed https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/20613-ultimaker-forum-feedback/?page=7&tab=comments#comment-199424

Bell

1. not listed https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/21316-ultimaker-2-hohlkugel-erstellen/
    2. https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/20613-ultimaker-forum-feedback/?page=7&tab=comments#comment-199424

adjustment:

5a7cfbe6a00e7_ManageFollowedContent9.2.thumb.JPG.55977c0fcc697cea33f101df15e0072e.JPG

Alright, quite a few new posts. Let me see if I can answer them all, make sure to remind me if I miss anything!

@nilrog, we're looking into the anchor-thing still. It is clear now that when you log out, it works like it should. On Safari for me (OSX) it also works like it should. It is work in progress at the moment. 

Re email notifications, I am told that there are other forums with email issues as well. IPboard is looking into it with their developers and it is on their radar. I will continue to share our experiences with them so they have more information to complete the puzzle. 

@ted_striker , my apologies. I see it, I will reply after writing this message.

@geert_2 , what do you mean existing images? Do you use drag and drop or do you select a file? Depending on where you release the drag (in the text field or in the 'attachment' field, it is automatically being uploaded or just attached. When it is attached, it will end up at the bottom of your message IIRC, when you drag it into the text field, it will be shown wherever you drop it. You can double click the attachment to duplicate the photo in your post. What is your workflow? 

I have noticed once or twice that my textbox was acting weird, I just refreshed the page and it was gone.

@zerspaner_gerd , I have to look into this yet. Yesterday we reconverted the 3D prints because we discovered an error there. I'll try to see if this is connected and if so how this can be restored, thank you for bringing it forward! 

What do you mean you can only follow nilrog? Does the 'follow member' not show on any other users profile?

I'm afraid I'm not really sure what it is about that window that you don't get. Could you elaborate? In your notification preference setting you define how you want to receive notifications, email or in the bell. You can also select by default, do you want to follow content automatically when you post there. If so yes, then in what frequency do you want to get an update? (immediately, once per day or once per week). That is default. However, you can also optimize it. For example, normally, once a day you are fine. But this one particular topic, that is SO interesting you want to receive updates immediately. Then, you can configure your settings for that particular topic in the page you have shared. Or, you can go to that topic itself, and change your notification settings there. Both have the same result. You are just on an overview page. 

Hope this helps! 

Hoi Sander,

If I select "Insert other media > Insert existing attachment" (at bottom right), then inserting images at the desired cursor location always works fine, as expected.

However, if I select "choose files" (at bottom left) and then browse to the desired file on my harddisk, then it gets attached at the bottom, not in the text at the cursor position. Next, when I click that image, or when I drag it into the text to have it at a desired location, it sometimes gets added twice when uploading the message, sometimes not. When I try to delete the duplicate, by editing the message (after sending it), I can not remove it. Or better: I can remove it from my editing window, but after uploading, it appears again. While editing, I have to remove both images from the message, to get rid of the duplicate (and the other one too). And then I have to insert the image again, but now from the "Insert existing attachment" function. Then it works fine. (Windows 7, most recent Pale Moon browser.) But this problem does not always happen, sometimes I can add 2 images well, and the 3th gets duplicated.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Forum | Feedback
    2 hours ago, SandervG said:

What do you mean you can only follow nilrog?

Sorry, it has been translated incorrectly.

I meant that I can only confirm that:

On 8.2.2018 at 10:34 AM, nilrog said:

email notification does not show up in the bell at all..

I'm afraid I'm not really sure what it is about that window that you don't get. Could you elaborate?

For thread with setting Daily notification, I only receive e-mail. (only one a day, that's OK)
    At thread with attitude Immediate notification I get only over the bell

Is it wanted like that?

I would like to have all the comments on the bell.
    And only once a day an email from all comments.

Edited by zerspaner_gerd

regarding duplicate posts, it appears it has nothing to do with the rebuilding of 3D prints. It shows it is an artifact of the migration that went overlooked until now. We're looking into what the best approach is to fix them. (an option could be manually. Yikes :p) 

Regarding your questions about bell / email; I see in your notification preferences you have this configuration:

notification.thumb.jpg.00bca48364274017fef0603c481f9c99.jpg

Your existing configuration means you don't get an email, only in your bell. If you change it to active you should start receiving emails about new comments, (should be) once per day by default. In the screen you shared above (manage followed content), you can change the frequency from daily to immediately. I see you have already done this for some content. 

Thank you SandervG,

Will I try again, I had already activated then I was flooded by email.

Your existing configuration means you don't get an email

I receive e-mail, but not from every thread.

3 hours ago, zerspaner_gerd said:

I receive e-mail, but not from every thread.

@nilrog, @zerspaner_gerd

Are you aware that you can change the notification settings for every single thread?

The global preferences are only used for new threads (AFAIK), and there may be different settings for older threads that were migrated from the former forum version.

There is an option in the menu in the upper right corner (with your username): Manage Followed Content

You can inspect the settings there, but also select all entries in the list and change the notification for all at once, if you want.

On 2018-02-09 at 11:17 PM, tinkergnome said:

@nilrog, @zerspaner_gerd

Are you aware that you can change the notification settings for every single thread?

The global preferences are only used for new threads (AFAIK), and there may be different settings for older threads that were migrated from the former forum version.

There is an option in the menu in the upper right corner (with your username): Manage Followed Content

You can inspect the settings there, but also select all entries in the list and change the notification for all at once, if you want.

Yes, and no, that is not the problem I am seeing. Email notifications fails on new threads also.

You know what I miss? The information from each profile thingy on the left side that said what printers and such. Made it easy most times to suss out what people were asking for help on.

• Like 2

You and me both. The best 'second best' we could offer, was to educate people to use a tag in their post which told us what printer they had / asked a question about. In the past there were also plenty of people we had to 'tell' to update their profile, now we have to ask sometimes to add the tags to their post.