Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
AJDouglas

UM3 Dual Extrusion with 2 Different Size Nozzles

Pretty sure it works.  Someone told me he did 0.8mm left core with pla and 0.4mm right core with pva.   Also I know for sure someone who used the left core for shell and the right core for infill.  You could play with this in cura before you buy anything.  There's also the option of getting 3dsolex cores which allow you to swap out nozzles.

On 1/8/2018 at 8:38 PM, AJDouglas said:

Wondering if this is possible? I would like to pick up the new 0.25mm AA print core but don't want to lose my ability to print with PVA. 

I was wondering this too.  I imagine that it should be possible, as long as both cores are printing at the same resolution.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements

• Our picks

• Architect Design Contest | Vehicles.
      We're open for entries! - Design and submit your 3D designs of architectural entourage - vehicles - for a chance to win a large filament pack. Presenting an idea, an architectural design or something as big as an urban project isn't easy. A scaled model can really help to get your idea across.
      • 19 replies
    • What The DfAM?
      I'm Steve Cox, an experienced engineer familiar with 3D printing. I wanted to share some DfAM guidelines with this community to help and make stronger parts.
      I'm also an Autodesk Certified Instructor for Fusion 360, so many of the images in ...
        • Thanks
      • 18 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!