How to turn off the white lights on the s5?

bidav

Posted · How to turn off the white lights on the s5?

On the s5 start in the bottom menu thing (the bottom of the left 3 tabs).

It's under "frame light".

You can dim it while printing.  I've done it many times.

As @gr5 said, you go to settings under the 3rd icon on the touch screen (its a cog icon) and pick settings and then scroll down to frame light, You can also dim the LED display screen also, i dim both to the min setting when the printer is left running over night.

IMG_6088.thumb.JPG.e8a0781a54027b871c9f6f38d9ed2434.JPG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cloakfiend said:

An entirely off option would be nice though at leat on the frame! As when all the lights are out in the house thats the only thing burglars will see! ? 

They do go almost off to be true i think when i turn mine down at night, side effect of them being totally off would be the camera would be of no use in the dark. 

Ahh good point, but still if I'm sleeping then I'm not bothered about the camera. I would like the option either way! I like options. I just don't like lights you can't turn off. I have a light phobia, I love the dark.

On 9/22/2018 at 3:31 PM, Carla_Birch said:

They do go almost off to be true i think when i turn mine down at night, side effect of them being totally off would be the camera would be of no use in the dark. 

That would not be a problem if one could change the brightness setting through Cura Connect (hint, hint...)

• Like 2

+1 for lights control in the app

+1 as well here.

Agreed; light adjustment would be nice.

Light adjustment in all aspects.

1. When you put the printer in 'unavailable mode' it goes dark, kinda making it more of a pain to do maintenance while making sure Cura Connect does not send a job in the middle of cleaning things or hot pulls or cold pulls or anything else.
    2. The issues mentioned above
    3. Getting rid of that razzafrakin' pulsing light thing. That really bugs my eyes out.

I am sure there is more I have not thought of at the moment, but to remove options is a step backward in interface design.

Is there any way to stop the on/off Pulsing light. I would be good with on/off. Doesn’t seem like a crazy request. 

5 hours ago, JeremyFXDWG said:

Is there any way to stop the on/off Pulsing light. I would be good with on/off. Doesn’t seem like a crazy request. 

I have been making that request since it was first implemented. And,  yes, you would think that these are things that are easy to implement.

I cannot imagine going into a room of these things all pulsing about.

I’m sure I have turned the Pulsing LED light off for when prints are done on my S5 so when I’m home and back with the printer i’ll check just where the setting was. I think it might have been a setting within Cura itself, but it was one the very first things I turned off when first got printer and was checking all settings in Cura and on printer.

If this is the pulsing LED when a print is done you on about then you go to settings on the printer, then frame light and then turn off "Glow when print is complete"

That is when the print is complete. But you cannot turn it off when it is telling you there is a mismatch in materials in Cura. Worse, when I press ok on the printer, it will STILL come back on and bring the danged message again. I have enough nagging things in my life. I do not need the printer or Cura Connect to keep telling me. I may be doing something, but for the machine to get impatient and start pulsing again is annoying a the least, infuriating at worst.

Again, options. Do not remove the effect. Just let those of us that it really bothers to turn it off. And get rid of the system telling me more than once that the material loaded and the requested material is not the same.

To be honest i havent seen my printer pulse ever, its one of the things i disabled early on. Im also always ingnoring all the mismatches as well, which yea is annoying because im well aware what cores and filaments are in my printer. I think my printer just stopped doing it. If you print off a stick and have the frame light on the lowest setting you wont get the pulsing....mind you im really ill at the moment and might be delusional but im still pretty sure. Ill check in the morning....if im not still in bed...

On 9/27/2018 at 4:51 AM, JeremyFXDWG said:

It used to be that we used the RGB color leds to indicate that things need to happen. But it was deemed to negatively influence the professional look of the machine, so the feature was removed to be replaced with the "breathing" effect.

I personally also don't like the pulsating, since I'm really, really distracted by things that happen in the corner of my eye.

46 minutes ago, nallath said:

I personally also don't like the pulsating, since I'm really, really distracted by things that happen in the corner of my eye.

Then YOU sir, are our mole in the corporate hodgepodge that will not let the simple things be ?

• Like 1

I tried, but it wasn't meant to be. Silly thing is that we actually posted marketing material of printer walls with different RGB color leds on to indicate status. We got a lot of questions about it (because it actually shows the status of all your prints within seconds...)

I just do not understand the concept of removing options for users. Kinda reminds me of the first days of graphics computing in the 80's when engineers would not listen to their user base until Quark, Aldus and Adobe came along. Then, by that time it was too late to catch up. then when Quark got that way after dominating the industry, In-Design came along and virtually wiped it out. Past is prologue.