Not full build plate usable in Cura

Saij

Posted · Not full build plate usable in Cura

Hi.

I'm new to Cura and the UM3 and today I wondered why I can't use the full build plate in Cura.

I tried to create a 200x200x0.2 square to check the level of my bed and I can't get it to slice.

Even a 190x190 square I can't fit onto the bed in Cura to get it to slice.

Is there maybe a setting I'm not aware of that reduces the available bed size in Cura?

Greetings

Saij

2018-11-17_09-01_c3891b9575.png

A skirt still requires room on the buildplate. Go into the Custom settings, and set Build Plate adhesion to "None". If you don't use the second extruder in this print, disable that extruder. There are a couple of other settings that also affect the grey shaded area around the build volume.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited) · Not full build plate usable in Cura

207mm x 195.6mm x 200mm This is the max size cube that will fit on the build plate with every thing switched off including printcore 2 and the prime Blob. This is a 215x215x200 block that I have scaled in Cura. UM3 nothing like the spec.👎

ScreenShot_20181121171159.png

Edited by paul.reed

Posted (edited) · Not full build plate usable in Cura

N/A

Edited by ALALAL
    Wrong question

The link is broken at the moment.  I think this is related to the merge of Makerbot and Ultimaker and I think they are fixing these broken links.

Still not avalable unfortunately

Hoping to maximize build plate for my UM 3+

I think this is the most up to date information:

https://support.makerbot.com/s/article/1667337565436

you can trick Cura in thinking your builplate is bigger, go to machine settings and change the size,

But you must make sure it fits on the actual buildplate and that there is room for the print head to go there.

I had a big print once and because cura said it wouldn't fit it wouldn't slice.

I had made my build plate in cura a few mm bigger and it would slice. but I was sure it would fit.

best is to try and make a flat print with that size and really slow printing speed. 

And just sleep next to the printer with a finger on the pauze button.