Need help. About to throw this S5 out the window..... Motion Controller 200euro reward to who can fix it.

zakeen

Posted · Need help. About to throw this S5 out the window..... Motion Controller 200euro reward to who can fix it.

Hi Eric,

Greg already guided you and sure this will/should (?) be an easy fix.

Here is a link to a site in Sweden, giving details about how to release those small pins.

https://support.3dverkstan.se/article/23-a-visual-ultimaker-troubleshooting-guide

Just roll down a little and you'll find the same type of connector, but here only 2 pin -just the same locking type and series.

Anyway, good luck.

Torgeir

• Like 1

Posted · Need help. About to throw this S5 out the window..... Motion Controller 200euro reward to who can fix it.
9 minutes ago, GregValiant said:

Just to remind you sir...you can't fix a short by lengthening it.

Yup, And, thanks for the reminder. I will be doing any work with power off and unplugged. Short splicing with a shrink wrapper to remove all chances of wire contact and really frying the system.

Fbrc8 has responded (like there was any doubt 🙂 ), the connector is inexpensive and will be getting one as soon as I get a link to the proper connector.

Fortunately, I have a UM3E that is printing the last pieces of a model I purchased for two of my children.

This is the model and I printed it at 150% which makes it big.

https://www.gambody.com/3d-models/hela-throne

One is printed and ready to paint.

And my Loki is printed completely and waiting for painting as well. This is the model.

https://www.gambody.com/3d-models/loki-marvel

16 minutes ago, GregValiant said:

Just to remind you sir...you can't fix a short by lengthening it.

Oh crap!! I just got the joke!!

I am so sloooowwww these days LOL

😂

Forgot one thing..

I'm assuming (🤔) that the firmware detect "a loss" of this sensor, -and will not continue printing before the error is fixed..

So, even if you deselect it, there is still an error preventing the printer to work.

• Like 1

If you could jumper the wire to the nub you might be able to fool it for a bit.  The vibrations from the machine could be a problem though.  You wouldn't want it to quit part way through.

Those models are ambitious.  I know you'll do your usual terrific job and even Asgard will be impressed.  That isn't my favorite Loki though...

0_Jim-Carrey-In-The-Mask.thumb.jpg.a5bf847a7e72b56d6ea0782ecbd14d07.jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Forgot one thing..

I'm assuming (🤔) that the firmware detect "a loss" of this sensor, -and will not continue printing before the error is fixed..

So, even if you deselect it, there is still an error preventing the printer to work.

I wonder if the logs I posted say anything about that?

6 minutes ago, GregValiant said:

That isn't my favorite Loki though...

My daughter in law is a huge Tom Hiddleston fan, so the model is just so spot on in the face. Back in the day when I could model from scratch (kinda blown out by a mini stroke in the planning dept. and have a hard time following things in my head) that would have been a bit of a struggle to make that so well. Fortunately I have no real impairments like other stroke victims.

i got a replacement cable from FBC8 (awesome service!) and once replaced, it works like it should now. So, I managed to not fry the system when I butchered the feeder wires. Also, the new cable is a bit longer and that will prevent me from crunching the wire in the future...now I can get my fingers in there easily 🙂

Thanks for the input folk!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GregValiant said:

Now quit fooling around and get back to work.

I had the S5 up and operating within an hour (took my time....) and it is currently on a long print...got 8 days and 22 hours left....not gonna make shipping in time for the holidays, but it is printing nicely!

Hello fellow users!

I have problem with the same type of error.
    The printer sometimes works great, sometimes gives this error halfway the print.

The Printer (S5 with material station and air manager), is only a week old, and hasn't been opened or similar.

I think i found the place in the log where it goes wrong, but don't know exactly how to interpreted this (looks like a writing issue?)
    Is there someone who could help us identify the problem?

Here below the place of boot 2 where i beleve is the problem.

image.thumb.png.54bdd0d0e20a82c874118bc6a932310c.png
    image.thumb.jpeg.25e862c8f8de9fde14c9cebb190e7cfb.jpeg

logs-ultimakersystem-74e81d05d32d46ecb1b55232929b3e3e-8.2.1-20230730135320.zip

I see the attachment is unclear,
    it is line 21893 of boot-2 

@Ewoud_vm I recommend contacting UltiMaker Support directly for help with your issue.
    UltiMaker does not provide direct support via the community.

Contact here: https://support.makerbot.com/s/contactsupport

• Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 6:09 PM, kmanstudios said:

i got a replacement cable from FBC8 (awesome service!) and once replaced, it works like it should now. So, I managed to not fry the system when I butchered the feeder wires. Also, the new cable is a bit longer and that will prevent me from crunching the wire in the future...now I can get my fingers in there easily 🙂

Thanks for the input folk!!!

Hi,

I've been having the same issue with my S5, my flow sensor cable has come loose as a result of trying to plug it back in with such a short wire! Could you please share the link to the replacement cable on fbrc8?

Thanks

fbrc8.com assembles all the ultimaker printers in the USA and they have their own support department.  They have every part even if not mentioned in their web store.  But I'm sure they won't ship outside USA.  If you know the part number, any reseller can get you the part.  I'll send kman a direct message to see if he can reply to this but you could contact fbrc8 directly and I'm sure they would help you figure out the needed part number so you can then contact your local reseller.

Okay thank you. I have soldered the wire back onto where it broke off and the error is still occurring. 

3 hours ago, brandon_ums5 said:

Hi,

I've been having the same issue with my S5, my flow sensor cable has come loose as a result of trying to plug it back in with such a short wire! Could you please share the link to the replacement cable on fbrc8?

Thanks

Order a replacement wire. They lengthened it and now is spiffy as all get out.  I did this and it was easy to replace. I can say this because there are deficiencies due to a minor stroke.

Posted (edited) · Need help. About to throw this S5 out the window..... Motion Controller 200euro reward to who can fix it.

It was brought to my attention that more info may be needed.

I just emailed FBRC8 and just told them the feeder number and a general description like the OP did in the message. They got back to me and resolved any further issues.

Edited by kmanstudios